GR reporting both Tim Settle and Ed Oliver not practicing today

richNjoisy

If they're both out, will be interesting if they go with 3 DTs and 5 DEs this game (Jones/Phillips/Bryant & Von/Rousseau/Basham/AJE/Shaq) where Shaq/Boogie play DT on passing downs, or if they call up Bryant and one of Emili/Brewer from the PS and go 4DT/4 DE. 

The first option is the most talented, the 2nd may make the most sense based on the opponent. 

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

So high ankle sprain for Oliver confirmed then? If it was a regular sprain, think he'd be playing...

No it's most likely not a high ankle sprain.  Probably a situation where they don't want to take a chance for it to get worse in a game and want to give him some more time. It's a long season. No need to potentially cause a season-long issue if they can rest him another week.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

No it's most likely not a high ankle sprain.  Probably a situation where they don't want to take a chance for it to get worse in a game and want to give him some more time. It's a long season. No need to potentially cause a season-long issue if they can rest him another week.

Yea they likely would have ruled him out already if that were the case and possibly IR to free up the roster spot. 

Still could happen but I highly doubt it. 

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Speaking of injuries...Dolphins just put starting RT Austin Jackson on IR meaning he is out for the game against the Bills next week...good luck with that one.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dolphins-jackson-miss-least-four-155654681.html

Did they replace him with a shorter guy so the receivers could see Tua?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

so his backup is better?

It's Greg Little (the guy the Panthers actually took when trading up in 2019 when Beane thought they were grabbing Ford). He isn't any better. He also isn't worse. 

I'd play Dieter at guard and move Eichenburg out to tackle if it were me. I am not sure why Jackson is still in the lineup other than "he was a 1st round pick". 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.