GR reporting both Tim Settle and Ed Oliver not practicing today

richNjoisy

I was just over on the Titans board and it appears the Bills are doomed without Ed Oliver.  The members there describe Oliver as the key to Buffalo's defense and apparently as good as Aaron Darnold. 

" I can't stress enough how important Ed Oliver is to Buffalo's defense " :w00t:

Of course they fail to mention they just lost their best pass rusher ( LB Harold Landry, 12 sacks in 2021) for the season with an ACL

Some pretty funny reading....

Edited by HOUSE
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Plus getting him and JPhillips back against Lewan is always a good time. I'm not against having Epenesa inactive and rotating Shaq in to be better against a run-heavy team. Could balance out losing Settle. Plus we still have DJones in the middle too.

GnBS300.jpg

when is this from??!!

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

when is this from??!!

Right after the game in 2019. In Nashville, was PACKED with Bills fans. More so than even usual.

It was a hard fought game. JP had a great game. He and Lawson jawwed Lewan into 1 (maybe 2) bad drive-killing penalties, just ate his lunch all game. Pretty much won the game for us. And then when Lewan took to twitter later that day they didn't let it slide.

Love having these dudes back on the team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm one of those weird bastards who actually spells out entire words.  

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

You should go real old school and not use contractions:lol:

5 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

You have an unhealthy fascination with the man’s calves.  I hope for his sake it’s not sexual.  :D 

What's wrong with that?:cry:

7 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

When you settle you agree to something less than you want. I like Settle

6 hours ago, WickedGame said:

This is a great thread about abbreviations. 

A word as long as abbreviations oughta... well, you know...

49 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

As a seller of my extensive LP's and CD collection NM is near mint for me......just saying.

NM = nonmetallic aka Romex

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Settle & Oliver are DTs. Lawson is a DE. No idea what you mean.

Didn't think it was a complicated post. Maybe I'm wrong. I think Shaq will be activated on the D line vs the Titans because he's pretty good vs the run. With Settle and Oliver possible out, I think Shaq sees the field with his pass rushing and run stopping abilities. Regardless of DE or Dts positions.  Hope that helps. 

Edited by newcam2012

15 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

At least we have DaQuan Jones....he's excellent in the middle.

I have a feeling Oliver plays but Settle is out. 

Yeah an ankle you can stabilize but a compression sleeve on a calf isn't going to do much when you are trying to push against 300+ men and stop the equivalent of a small car coming at you

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

Yeah an ankle you can stabilize but a compression sleeve on a calf isn't going to do much when you are trying to push against 300+ men and stop the equivalent of a small car coming at you

I think he is wearing the compression sleeve to increase blood-flow to heal it quicker?  

Ideally we have one of these two back.  If not, we will need Lawson at DE, and have a LB over the DTs.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.