Hotel options and ride to game

Dave in Avon Lake now

I'm coming from Cleveland for Bills Browns game and trying to decide where to stay for access to game.  We're going to stay overnight and Hamburg Hampton Inn is one option.  Says it is a 10 minute ride but not sure if they offer shuttles. I've read about Uber after the game.  Any thoughts on best options to stay?

Hamburg is not far from the stadium. Uber is possible but you would be better off walking somewhere away from the stadium so they would have an easier time picking you up and avoiding the crazy traffic as much as possible. I would imagine the cost would be astronomical tho with how they price rides during peak times.

Edited by Big Turk

Hampton Hamburg is an easy commute to Stadium.  I doubt any hotel would do a shuttle and I have heard bad thigs about Ubers fighting their way into stadium traffic and just giving up.  My suggestion, park on Rte 20 short of the stadium and walk a little.

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Hampton Hamburg is an easy commute to Stadium.  I doubt any hotel would do a shuttle and I have heard bad thigs about Ubers fighting their way into stadium traffic and just giving up.  My suggestion, park on Rte 20 short of the stadium and walk a little.

Perhaps OP is planning on drinking and doesn't want to deal with potential DUI/DWI issues.

My advice would be to go somewhere after the game for a few hours and then call an Uber once the traffic dies down.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Perhaps OP is planning on drinking and doesn't want to deal with potential DUI/DWI issues.

My advice would be to go somewhere after the game for a few hours and then call an Uber once the traffic dies down.

Walk over and enjoy some food and post-game convo at Big Tree then get a Uber. It's the easiest call

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

I'm coming from Cleveland for Bills Browns game and trying to decide where to stay for access to game.  We're going to stay overnight and Hamburg Hampton Inn is one option.  Says it is a 10 minute ride but not sure if they offer shuttles. I've read about Uber after the game.  Any thoughts on best options to stay?

That’s a good place. Also a nice one in East aurora.

37 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Big Tree Inn is you’re friend.  All the old timers were always there meaning Kelly and crew.  It’s diagonal from Hammers Lot.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Uber drivers expect a tip. I suggest you stiff the Uber driver then use Lift the next time. 

I keep both on my phone.  Recently, coming back home at the airport, Uber wanted $80 to get me home, Lyft was $35.  

1 hour ago, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

I've heard of people posting flyers in the hotel elevator asking for rides to/from the game. There's bound to be some people staying there also you could carpool with.  Offer them $$$ or beer. 

If you choose to Uber, use ECC as your pick up / drop off point (they have a designated rideshare spot for this purpose). 

I stay at the Hamburg exit now for games now that I don’t have family nearby anymore. It’s very convenient to get to & from the stadium when driving but I haven’t used a rideshare from there for a game so can’t comment on availability, pricing, etc. 

Just FYI, you may want to have to Uber over to somewhere like JP Fitzgerald’s if you’re wanting a sit down meal & libations post game. Waterstone grill is ok and has a bar but it was closed most Sundays last year. There’s a pizza joint in a little strip plaza nearby but I think they close pretty early too. 

• Like (+1) 1

Three hotels on Slade Ave. in West Seneca are actually about 4 miles to stadium. Near direct route to stadium, requiring two right and left turn from hotel lot 2/3 mile and directly onto Abbott Rd.,which is just over 3 miles straight to the stadium.

…..a NYS thruway exit is a 1/4 mile to Slade. Ave.

Edited by I am the egg man

19 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Three hotels on Slade Ave. in West Seneca less than 4 miles to stadium. Near direct route to stadium, requiring two right and left turn from hotel lot within a 1/2 mile and directly onto Abbott Rd.,which is 3 miles straight to the stadium.

…..a NYS thruway exit is a 1/4 mile to Slade. Ave.

Do you know the names of the hotels by any chance?

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Do you know the names of the hotels by any chance?

Hampton Inn, Staybridge Suites, Country Inn/Suites.

Two large grocery stores and a liquor store about a 1/4 mile-away from them, fast food restaurants not much further. At least a few decent bar/pizza/wing/beef on weck places 10 or so minutes away, including the oft raved about Schwabl’s roast beef sandwich, 911’s and Duff’s wings.

If one is driving or renting, drive yourself to the game and park, try to park in one of the lots on the left side of Abbott Rd. heading toward stadium and before it. After the game they open 3-4 lanes heading opposite the stadium for a bit. Accidents aside, it goes fairly quick given the enormity of the event.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.