A bit early, but Chiefs game flexed to Sunday night?

bigfootindy

Looking ahead, I was wondering what the Sunday night game is on week 6, when we play the Chiefs.  It’s Dallas-Philly, which at this rate would be a huge stinker.

According to the procedures here: https://www.nfl.com/schedules/flexible-scheduling-procedures there’s no reason it can’t be, flexing can start as early as week 5.

I know Jerruh (and CBS) may fight tooth and nail against it, but you have to think the NFL would want this in primetime. Anyone else agree?

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, bigfootindy said:

Looking ahead, I was wondering what the Sunday night game is on week 6, when we play the Chiefs.  It’s Dallas-Philly, which at this rate would be a huge stinker.

According to the procedures here: https://www.nfl.com/schedules/flexible-scheduling-procedures there’s no reason it can’t be, flexing can start as early as week 5.

I know Jerruh (and CBS) may fight tooth and nail against it, but you have to think the NFL would want this in primetime. Anyone else agree?

we need less of Dallas. They suck so hard. Kc plays the previous Monday night so two in a row for them 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Yeah....not happening.  I believe networks can protect up to 2 games per season.  While we don't know what games they are for sure, I would bet quite a bit that this game is one of those protected games.  It is the biggest regular season game of the season.  No way a network would voluntarily give it away to another network.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bigfootindy said:

I prefer it stays the same time,  not interested in night games that finish at close to midnight. I like my Sunday afternoon games and hate waiting all day

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Two things.    One, they don’t start flexing games until around week 13.  And two, there is no chance in hell they take away the Cowboys and Eagles.  Eagles are front runners in that division and the Cowboys get coverage no matter what.  

Yep. Dallas is the 5th largest US metro area... Philly is number 8.

Even if it was flexible, they would not flex from this game between traditional NFC East rivals who both reside in large markets.

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

we need less of Dallas. They suck so hard. Kc plays the previous Monday night so two in a row for them 

Like when Pat(hetic)s are playing people love watch when Dallass plays - Having them get their butts handed to them is very popular.

NFL has almost become like professional wrestling with rigged zebras and bad guys.

25 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Like when Pat(hetic)s are playing people love watch when Dallass plays - Having them get their butts handed to them is very popular.

NFL has almost become like professional wrestling with rigged zebras and bad guys.

Kind of funny when calling yourself America’s team alienates most of America, don’t you think?

5 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Two things.    One, they don’t start flexing games until around week 13.  And two, there is no chance in hell they take away the Cowboys and Eagles.  Eagles are front runners in that division and the Cowboys get coverage no matter what.  

Flexing starts week #5. 

But yes, Bills/Chiefs will not be flexed to Sunday night. 

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Kind of funny when calling yourself America’s team alienates most of America, don’t you think?

Fits in with "Moral Majority" and other marketing names.

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

Flexing starts week #5. 

But yes, Bills/Chiefs will not be flexed to Sunday night. 

How soon before than want to flex starting week #2 completely screwing those who travel and need to take time off?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.