Two Ex Bills (Hughes & Howard) Were the Stars of the Texans Tie with the Colts

RoyBatty is alive

6 hours ago, buffalostu2 said:

Howard only ran 6 pass routes and had two targets?   It just happened that they were TDs and one was defensive mix up someone said above.   Not sustainable I would think but all the best to all the ex Bills.

This.

I rarely make these type of statements but any somewhat athletic person (as long as they catch it/running correct route) could have scored that 2nd TD.

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's brought in throwaways at QB 4 of the last 4 seasons.  

Can you imagine if McBeane offered Bills fans, year after year,  the pu pu platter of Brissett, Rivers, Wentz and now Ryan?  lol, come on--there isn't even any sarcasm that works for this.

The Indy GM and the man who hired Frank Reich is Chris Ballard.

6 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I always liked Jerry but he was maddening to watch - especially last season.  

I could never figure out Jerry over his last few seasons in Buffalo.  He regularly found a way to get pressure but he rarely brought the QB down.  I can’t explain why.  Either the QB would throw it right before he got there or he’d miss a tackle.  His pressure rate was excellent but his sacks were extremely low - he had 2 sacks all of last season!  

Hate to say this but in the playoffs against KC he was very close to sacking Mahomes on the final completion.  That kind of summed up Hughes in Buffalo his last few years.  

I think a big part of the explanation for Hughes' "close but no cigar" play is that sacks are more a function of team play than most people think.

As for Jerry Hughes he's probably still better than Epenesa but he's making a lot more than Epenesa and is at the end of his career.

17 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Let’s pump the brakes  a little with your last point…I don’t “fear” them exactly but it’s way early to be writing them off..

I put a lot more stock in the thumping the Colts gave us last year than their performance in this Week 1 game ( which wasn’t a loss) ..

The Bills will probably put in a bad performance at some stage this year against one of the bottom feeders as well ( like they did last year..)

I didn't write them off, what I wrote was any fear was "greatly alleviated" and it certainly was.  When you have expectations such as the Bills do this year, a tie for a potential competitor, is as good as a loss IMO, especially to the Texans.

On 9/13/2022 at 12:15 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Colts need to clean house.  Frank has to go...

After that fiasco yesterday, it is looking that way. Two of their easiest opponents and getting shut out by the Jaguars.  Next week they are going against the Chiefs.  Hope Frank can turn it around, he is great at comebacks.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

After that fiasco yesterday, it is looking that way. Two of their easiest opponents and getting shut out by the Jaguars.  Next week they are going against the Chiefs.  Hope Frank can turn it around, he is great at comebacks.

Not unless he's under center...

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.