Two Ex Bills (Hughes & Howard) Were the Stars of the Texans Tie with the Colts

RoyBatty is alive

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What by chance were the other DLmen doing against Mahomes?  Nothing.  Jerry was the only one creating pressure and non of his line mates were ever in position to take advantage of Jerry moving Mahomes off of his spot.  He had countless pressures in his last game as a bill.  His teammates were nowhere to be found

I guess Beane saw it my way. . . . 

Howard is better than Sweeney, let's be honest. I'm not surprised he played well. The problem was if Howard plays well on a 1 year prove it deal then he's going to want a big contract so he was always going to be a 1 year rental. Meanwhile maybe Sweeney isn't quite as good but he's going to be the budget option and he's good friends with Josh and Dawson so it might be better long term. Hughes might have 1 or 2 decent years left but he's not Von Miller, simple as that

24 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I guess Beane saw it my way. . . . 

Yeah, you’re way.  🤣 

What I said is 💯 facts.  None of the DE’s he kept over Jerry had any effect on Mahomes at all.  

Jerry is gone because he was a FA and wanted to get paid.  If he would’ve taken the minimum like Shaq, he would still be a Bill and Shaq would be a FA.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, you’re way.  🤣 

What I said is 💯 facts.  None of the DE’s he kept over Jerry had any effect on Mahomes at all.  

Jerry is gone because he was a FA and wanted to get paid.  If he would’ve taken the minimum like Shaq, he would still be a Bill and Shaq would be a FA.  

Jerry Hughes was wildly better than Shaq Lawson.

I hated to see Jerry go but 1) I sure cant blame him for his final pay day in his home town 2) Bills cant keep everyone they want

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

They still lost though.

Hughes may have made a rare impact play but I'm confident he won't do much over the course of the rest of the year there unless it's just garbage time stuff against other teams backups when they are down 3+ scores.

But the OJ Howard thing is a bit puzzling because he certainly did not look like a guy who has a lost a step which is what some speculating was the main reason the Bills moved on and ate his contract.

They cut him because of the fascination with useless players like Sweeney who only really contribute on ST and still a big problem with this regime in terms of their overall roster building methodology. Bottom line I think not keeping Howard will prove to be a big mistake later.

How is a tie a loss 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Starr Almighty

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Jerry Hughes was wildly better than Shaq Lawson.

I hated to see Jerry go but 1) I sure cant blame him for his final day day in his home town 2) Bills cant keep everyone they want

For sure.  Making 5M instead of 1M is nice too.  

I figured his time was up as a Bill unless he would’ve taken the minimum.  4.5M gtd was too much to pass up.  

He would make us better….maybe we can pull off a trade for him if someone goes down.  

• Like (+1) 1

Howard really earning his money from the Bills by helping Houston tie Indy. 2 tds from a guy who is so washed up the Bills gave him over 3 million dollars and dumped him without playing a snap. I guess it's hard to crack a roster with Sweeney as #2.

Hughes performance is no surprise, he has been top 10 generating pressure every year for years now.

55 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Howard is better than Sweeney, let's be honest. I'm not surprised he played well. The problem was if Howard plays well on a 1 year prove it deal then he's going to want a big contract so he was always going to be a 1 year rental. Meanwhile maybe Sweeney isn't quite as good but he's going to be the budget option and he's good friends with Josh and Dawson so it might be better long term. Hughes might have 1 or 2 decent years left but he's not Von Miller, simple as that

Wait, so the Bills paid him over 3 million and then dumped him because they were worried he would play well and then leave after this season?   😂

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, you’re way.  🤣 

I'm a Jerry fan. I agree he would have been signed for Vet minimum. And he would be sitting as a healthy scratch next to Shaq. He is just a step slow these days against the good QBs. 

12 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I'm a Jerry fan. I agree he would have been signed for Vet minimum. And he would be sitting as a healthy scratch next to Shaq. He is just a step slow these days against the good QBs. 

His step may be slower than in his prime but it’s still better than most.  I watched every Texan defensive snap this morning-  he had a helluva game Vs a great OL

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

They still lost though.

Hughes may have made a rare impact play but I'm confident he won't do much over the course of the rest of the year there unless it's just garbage time stuff against other teams backups when they are down 3+ scores.

But the OJ Howard thing is a bit puzzling because he certainly did not look like a guy who has a lost a step which is what some speculating was the main reason the Bills moved on and ate his contract.

They cut him because of the fascination with useless players like Sweeney who only really contribute on ST and still a big problem with this regime in terms of their overall roster building methodology. Bottom line I think not keeping Howard will prove to be a big mistake later.

Of course you had to come in and totally ruin the party...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.