Weather for Monday Night Game

Awwufelloff

36 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I don't care what anyone says,....with as much weather as the Bills dealt with the last season or two, it should work to our advantage this season.  It's not the great equalizer,  especially when you have a top defense and an offense with playmakers all over the place.  The Bills players have experienced the wind, the rain, the snow, the freezing cold...they know what to expect, they know what gear and shoes to wear, they don't have to deal with raucous crowd noise on offense, etc..  I think whenever we have a bad weather game this season, it's advantage Buffalo.

The only "great equalizer" will be the same thing as any other game... Turnovers.  Hang on to the ball.

Wishful thinking.

Rain especially is the great equalizer, and the wind, what happened versus the Pats last year in the windstorm.

You NEVER want bad weather when you are a heavy favorite which is exactly what the Bills are.

What the Bills experienced last year is borderline irrelevant, history.  It is like when peolpe learn I am from Buffalo and assume i love cold weather, absurd assumption prima facie.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

42 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I don't care what anyone says,....with as much weather as the Bills dealt with the last season or two, it should work to our advantage this season.  It's not the great equalizer,  especially when you have a top defense and an offense with playmakers all over the place.  The Bills players have experienced the wind, the rain, the snow, the freezing cold...they know what to expect, they know what gear and shoes to wear, they don't have to deal with raucous crowd noise on offense, etc..  I think whenever we have a bad weather game this season, it's advantage Buffalo.

The only "great equalizer" will be the same thing as any other game... Turnovers.  Hang on to the ball.

This could not be further from the truth 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Wishful thinking.

Rain especially is the great equalizer, and the wind, what happened versus the Pats last year in the windstorm.

You NEVER want bad weather when you are a heavy favorite which is exactly what the Bills are.

What the Bills experienced last year is borderline irrelevant, history.  It is like when peolpe learn I am from Buffalo and assume i love cold weather, absurd assumption prima facie.

Yep.  I would be nervous playing the Jets in bad conditions.  Rain makes everything suck.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BigAl2526 said:

At this point, I'm seeing thunderstorms during the day, and scattered thunderstorms in the evening.  I would guess, the storms will be winding down by the time the game happens, so hopefully there won't be any lightening delays.  I could imagine the turf being wet though.

I believe the turf dries pretty well and quickly.  I think they'll have the fans out to dry it as well.  I went to the Falcons game last year and they had tons of fans blowing on the field.

14 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Predicting the exact time and place rain will hit 3-4 days early is impossible.

Exactly!

Actually, it’s not.  Convincing people who have never studied meteorology and/or have professional forecast experience that they aren’t meteorologist’s is impossible.  The weather for Orchard Park this time of year is not that dynamic and the models generally do well even 3-4 days out.  You’re mostly timing frontal or trough passage which isn’t that hard to do compared to forecasting the band placement of lake effect snow.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Actually, it’s not.  Convincing people who have never studied meteorology and/or have professional forecast experience that they aren’t meteorologist’s is impossible.  The weather for Orchard Park this time of year is not that dynamic and the models generally do well even 3-4 days out.  You’re mostly timing frontal or trough passage which isn’t that hard to do compared to forecasting the band placement of lake effect snow.  

Meteorology is 90% learning where to stand in front of a green screen and 10% looking hot.  Anyone can draw accidental ***** on a telecast and call it a cold front.  We ain't buying what you're selling!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Meteorology is 90% learning where to stand in front of a green screen and 10% looking hot.  Anyone can draw accidental ***** on a telecast and call it a cold front.  We ain't buying what you're selling!

Fun fact, most on-air meteorologist’s aren’t meteorologist’s they are actors regurgitating forecasts and model data.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Absolutely, and well stated.

The randomness of convective activity is largely over in Western New York in late Sep.

Forecasts are largely front related, which is a much easier prediction.

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Yes but they can’t predict exactly where and when scattered showers will form. They can get the when pretty close but it can still be off hours this far out. Rain is likely in WNY Monday but the storms are scattered. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.