Kelce rebus

Italian Bills

Going to be the best TE in NFL history when all is said and done.

Was good before Mahomes and obviously on another level with him throwing the ball his way.

I think teams will adjust as the season goes on and more tape is out there but even if you try and take Kelce out of the game someone else is just going to go off when you have the best QB in the NFL throwing the ball.

33 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

There is actually a pretty easy and proven way to slow him down. You get a defensive end to line up wide and jam him hard at the line— don’t let him free release. A few teams have done this with him (saints come to mind) and it was shown to be very effective. 

I don’t know know why more teams don’t do this— I am assuming there is a significant downside (maybe taking away one of your pass rushers basically).

Paging Epenesa is what you're saying??!!

Athletic, same size, I like it!

53 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

There is actually a pretty easy and proven way to slow him down. You get a defensive end to line up wide and jam him hard at the line— don’t let him free release. A few teams have done this with him (saints come to mind) and it was shown to be very effective. 

I don’t know know why more teams don’t do this— I am assuming there is a significant downside (maybe taking away one of your pass rushers basically).

This... the best way is to not let him get a free release and disrupt the timing

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

He has 6 1000 yard seasons in a row(and likely counting). No other TE in NFL history even has 4 total.

Don't you think if it was possible to stop him they would have figured it out?

The short answer is because he is too fast and athletic for a LB or most safeties to cover and too big for CBs to cover.

I suspect corners can cover him but more importantly they have had too many deep threats to sit a top corner on him 

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So why did Kuup win the triple crown last year?  Why don't head coaches, def coordinators, defensive players can’t have a plan to limit his yardage?? Help me understand that one?

Better yet why don't you just start a thread like this:

Why don't head coaches, def coordinators, defensive players can’t have a plan to limit ________________ yardage

Then just fill in the blank.

I thought it was a good/sincere question by tho OP.

Why the need to be a smart ass?

• Agree 1

I think part of it is that teams try to defend him like a Tight End, which he isn't. Kelce lines up in the slot the majority of the time, he's not an in-line TE very often. If you put a LB on him, like you normally would a TE, he's too quick & gets open. If you put your Slot CB on him, like you normally would a Slot WR (and most slot CBs are undersized), he's too big & physical.

The other part is he constantly gets a free release since he's in the slot. He's deadly if allowed to roam free.

Solution: Put your best cover CB on him, and you can slow him down. Bump him at the line with a LB too, and now you're cooking with gas.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why didn't we just stop Tom Brady for 20 years? It was incredibly obvious he was the key to the Pats dynasty, and yet our coaches didn't do anything about it.

All six of those Chicago Bulls Championships were totally avoidable. Why didn't those stupid teams just guard Michael Jordan???

DUH!!!

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

Because you can beat them without stopping Kelce.

Shocked Donald Trump GIF

26 minutes ago, 947 said:

Solution: Put your best cover CB on him, and you can slow him down. Bump him at the line with a LB too, and now you're cooking with gas.

Maybe put a big strong cornerback on him... someone like Christian Benford maybe?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.