MNF: Broncos at Seahawks

YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Hackett was agonizing over that play call sheet all night. It was between run left, run right, bootleg left, bootleg right. Lot of choices.

Three more choices than what he ran in buffalo

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's what professional athlete Mitchell Schwartz has to say about it:

Same thing there were rumblings about in Seattle...that Wilson tries to be cool but he is a super nerd and people roll their eyes at him when he says stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, MJS said:

Horrible play calling. You have a dynamic QB who has one of the best deep balls in the game and you call dink and dunk pass plays, screens, and runs all night. Especially bad in the red zone. Plays getting in late all game long.

Russ is probably overrated a bit, but that game was not called to his strengths and he looked hamstrung by his own offense all night.

They called the plays they had to based on what the defense gave them. Seattle took away the deep ball. Russ has no other game. He is the most overrated QB I have ever seen and I’ve been saying this for years. He is a good QB, but he has not evolved his game at all, and doesn’t elevate the play of those around him. He is not a leader.

And yes I’ve seen him make some great plays and put his guys in a position to make plays. That one throw to, I think, 82 in the end zone was a good one and could have changed the game.

He’s just not the player so many people think he is because he came into the league as an electric playmaker on a loaded roster. Again, I could be wrong and Russ has all year left to prove himself. 

6 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Clock management (sideline confusion), decision to boot a 64 yarder (kicker poor 60+), and timeouts during the kneel downs. Total hack job.

Or Hackett job?

Yes he was atrocious too. But I really don’t think the play calls themselves were so bad as the game management.

• Disagree 1

Hackett called a 64 yarder "field goal range".  The 2 longest kicks in NFL history are a 64 yarder in Denver & a 66 yarder indoors in Detroit last year by one of the best kickers in NFL history Justin Tucker.  Hackett then doubled down & said he would do it again.  The ST coach needs to tell Hackett that 64 yards is not FG range.  If he has to take his shoe off & bop Hackett on the head to get his point across, he needs to do that.  

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Big C said:

They called the plays they had to based on what the defense gave them. Seattle took away the deep ball. Russ has no other game. He is the most overrated QB I have ever seen and I’ve been saying this for years. He is a good QB, but he has not evolved his game at all, and doesn’t elevate the play of those around him. He is not a leader.

And yes I’ve seen him make some great plays and put his guys in a position to make plays. That one throw to, I think, 82 in the end zone was a good one and could have changed the game.

He’s just not the player so many people think he is because he came into the league as an electric playmaker on a loaded roster. Again, I could be wrong and Russ has all year left to prove himself. 

I think you're wrong. But I'm starting to have second thoughts. Did the Seahawks ever - even in their dominant years - have modern, quick release, high completion percentage, precision passing game? Or was it all "let Russ run around and someone will break open sooner or later?" I'm not sure that works in the 2022 NFL, and it certainly doesn't work if your QB is 33 and not as evasive as he used to be. 

EDIT: I looked it up. High completion percentages? Yes. Of course, a lot of that was dinks and dunks too. But here's the missing element. Wilson had 849 rushing yards in 2014. Then as many as 513 just two years ago. Last year he was hurt a lot and the run disappeared from his game. And tonight? Not a good sign for Broncos fans since he didn't really show any running ability. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

The Denver forum is having a complete meltdown. I like these posts:

"Oh wait ... I just figured it out ...

We had to agree to lose this game in order to get the RW trade.

Must have been hard to make it look like we were really trying."

"This team would get killed in by the Bills or the Chiefs. They lost to a terrible Seahawks team with a geriatric coach. I pray to Sam Walton to fix this."

Positives:
None of our players died
Feel free to book any ski trips in January/early Feb
At least Drew Lock didn’t beat us

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.