MNF: Broncos at Seahawks

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, CNYfan said:

I think that the Broncos hired Hackett in an attempt to bring Aaron Rogers when that situation was going on.  Russel was a consolation prize and Hackett is not yet a real Head Coach.  

That is how I read it, the main reason N. Hackett was hired was to bring AR with him, but that didn't work and that was a real bad debut.

I don’t think Rodgers was ever gonna leave GB for Denver. Just a strategy move for Rodgers to get what he wanted contract wise.

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

They had issues all night. Couldn’t get the plays in on time, couldn’t get out of the huddle, they have played there they know it’s loud.. How are you not prepared? Shannon sharpe on the manning cast I can’t believe I was agreeing with, why is Gordon in to start the drive? And my favorite at the end KICK WHAT… KICK WHAT.. I was in tears laughing 

It was unbelievable how they could never get a snap off with more than a second or two on the play clock.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Russ ended with okay stats, but in reality he stunk. Any pass down the field was basically a toss up for grabs.

Right. Sloppy, pick-up game style passing game. They have the athletes to make the plays, and Wilson gave them the chance to make the stat sheet look decent, but there was no crispness to it. I think it will come. "Smartest man in the room" Hackett treated camp and preseason as nothing more than an opportunity to get your players hurt, and it showed here.

That was the most insane final drive play calling I've seen in years.

42 seconds on the clock with 4th&5. You have 3 time outs and an old but still solid QB in Russel Wilson.

With that he chose to attempt a 64 yard field goal? After killing 25 seconds in clock more or less.

If anything line up a formation at 40 seconds, and if you plan to waste time at least try a hard count.

Then after taking the ball out of their highly paid QB's hands they miss an absurd FG to which Hackett gets "revenge?" by calling 2 timeouts randomly in the last 15 seconds.

WTF

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I know everyone is, deservedly, calling out Hackett's decision making, but don't let Russ off the hook. He dropped the ball without being touched, then threw the ball behind the LOS on 3rd and 14 within 2 seconds of the snap. Choke job.

Well, he did learn under the best...

9 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

Has football become worse? Outside of the Bills game all games I’ve watched this weekend have been clown shows. 

Lots of great QBS are at their end or retired already We were spoiled during the golden era of football the last 15 years. Brees, Rivers, both Mannings, Big Ben, Luck retiring. Brady, Rodgers, Matt Ryan are all near their end.

Edited by Awwufelloff

7 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

Has football become worse? Outside of the Bills game all games I’ve watched this weekend have been clown shows. 

It's week 1 and there's less preseason action from starters than ever before. The Broncos will finish with a much better record than the Seahawks. It took multiple flukey plays and an all-time bad coaching series for them to lose this game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.