Who are most misleading teams after week 1

Orlando Tim

My take on the AFC after week 1 is:

The Bills, Chiefs, Chargers are legit

The next tier is the Ravens (who are lower ceiling but reliable and well coached) and the Bengals (high ceiling but a critical flaw and less reliable). 

The Raiders, Colts, Dolphins, Broncos and Cleveland are potential playoff teams but their ceilings are all low. Tennessee are also a fringe playoff contender but they feel in a different category... they are a team on the slide but might still be good enough in a bad division to scramble to 9 or 10 wins. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

My take on the AFC after week 1 is:

The Bills, Chiefs, Chargers are legit

The next tier is the Ravens (who are lower ceiling but reliable and well coached) and the Bengals (high ceiling but a critical flaw and less reliable). 

The Raiders, Colts, Dolphins, Broncos and Cleveland are potential playoff teams but their ceilings are all low. Tennessee are also a fringe playoff contender but they feel in a different category... they are a team on the slide but might still be good enough in a bad division to scramble to 9 or 10 wins. 

No Steelers anywhere?

9 hours ago, Locomark said:

I think this is pretty decent except for the Ravens. They ran for 53 yards against the Jets. I just think they are wildly overrated by a lot of people and their RB and CB injuries will hurt them in that division. They have to run to win. The other team that is awful that won is the Bears. 

Maybe, let's see what happens when they get their top RB back in Dobbins either this week or next. Right now they've got whatever's left of Kenyan Drake and a couple other nobodies. 

19 hours ago, Logic said:

Teams who aren't as good as their week one performance might indicate:

- Miami Dolphins
- Washington Commanders

- Pittsburgh Steelers

- Minnesota Vikings

- Baltimore Ravens

Teams who are better than their week one performance might indicate:

- Green Bay Packers

- Los Angeles Rams

Teams who are as bad as they looked:

- New England Patriots (stink-o-rama)
- New York Jets (gonna be a loooong year)
- Dallas Cowboys (woof)

- Arizona Cardinals

Teams who are as good as they looked:

- Kansas City Chiefs

- Buffalo Bills

Just a couple of changes. Kingsbury and Kyler are never going to quite put it together, and Baltimore is good but I’m on the train that believes Lamar, while very talented, won’t achieve sustained success with that play style.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 1:38 PM, Logic said:

Teams who aren't as good as their week one performance might indicate:

- Miami Dolphins
- Washington Commanders

- Pittsburgh Steelers

- Minnesota Vikings

Teams who are better than their week one performance might indicate:

- Green Bay Packers

- Arizona Cardinals

Teams who are as bad as they looked:

- New England Patriots (stink-o-rama)
- New York Jets (gonna be a loooong year)
- Dallas Cowboys (woof)

Teams who are as good as they looked:

- Kansas City Chiefs

- Buffalo Bills

- Baltimore Ravens

Thought it might be interesting to re-visit this thread now that week two is in the books.

Looks like I may have been right about the Vikings, Steelers, Packers, and Cardinals. 

I was probably wrong about the Dolphins and maybe the Ravens?

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Thought it might be interesting to re-visit this thread now that week two is in the books.

Looks like I may have been right about the Vikings, Steelers, Packers, and Cardinals. 

Add the Eagles to "good as they looked." They look terrific and are gonna win the NFC East. I am eating a little crow on Hurts; I thought he would be awful but he's worked hard to improve his game. 

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

I was wrong about the Vikings. Cousins sucks and Hurts is much improved. Still think the Chargers are legit.

My top 5

1. Bills

2. Chiefs

3. Bucs

4. Chargers

5. Dolphins

Bottom 5

32. Seattle

31. Chicago

30. Indianapolis 

29. Houston

28. Carolina

No idea why I switched from team name to city...lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Early signs point to this season being very underwhelming for competition across the league. A bunch of teams might make the playoffs that have no business being there.

SF just became one of the top 2 teams in the NFC with Trey Lance getting hurt. Not impressed with anyone else over there. Maybe Brady puts it together or maybe it's finally the year he's all done. Too early to say.

In the AFC the Bills and Chiefs are the only real teams. The Chargers will win big games but are still too inconsistent. The dolphins are pretenders - Bills by 20. Cinci may bounce back but they clearly have problems, same with Titans. Baltimore could be alright. If Cleveland can hang around, maybe Watson makes them a contender. Indy looks the worst they've been in 20 years somehow. Pitt, Hou, NYJ, NE, Jax, going nowhere. Raiders gonna Raider.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.