Who are most misleading teams after week 1

Orlando Tim

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

For the bills sake I truly hope the Rams aren't a dud this year and a 7 win type of team or we might be looking at a far different reality for this team a few months from now.

I feel fantastic about the O because the Rams defense is still elite.  Maybe not as good without Miller but it added a HOF MLB and if not for self inflicted mistakes we score 40.  

Our Defense looks nasty - but that Rams oline could be one of the worst in the league.  I'm Thrilled don't get me wrong and not downplaying what we did at all.  And I love that we looked physically dominant on both sides. 

I'll just feel better after watching it wreck another team with a good oline/QB combo - especially while Tre is out.

Or - not let Henry go off and make Tanny look like Mahomes.  

I think the Packers might actually be done. They won't be near as bad as they looked yesterday without both OTs & their WR1, but they could be a .500 team. Rodgers body language & attitude was bad, I think he either retires after the season or forces a trade.

The 49ers are in trouble if they stick with Lance. I don't see him ever becoming what they thought he could be.

Edited by 947

52 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Week One is a liar.

But Cinci was inconsistent last year as well. 

I think that the Titans will be good, the Giants will be bad, Atlanta won't be that competitive and the Colts will be good.  

I think Atlanta will have a lot of “moral victories” this season. Their Oline is competent and Drake, Pitts and Patterson are a good set of weapons and Mariota will add value with his legs. 

But while their offense may be able to put up points their defense is going to let them down a lot but I can see them losing a lot of one possession games because their offense can score.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

For the bills sake I truly hope the Rams aren't a dud this year and a 7 win type of team or we might be looking at a far different reality for this team a few months from now.

Other thoughts - for reasons relevant to the bills I hope the Cardinals are as bad as they looked or you might as well get ready for the Chiefs to be hoisting another SB trophy in Feb. 

Titans/Giants - happy for Daboll but still not sure they are going to be that good this year, also think titans will be fine and head to Buffalo ready to prove something.

Bengals showed what happens when a good team turns the ball over consistently and their game was eerily similar to Bills opener last year against the same team, but think they'll be fine in long run. Steelers are going to be in big trouble going forward without Watt.

I'm not a Trey Lance fan and 49ers are in a for a long season if they don't go back to Jimmy G sooner than later, chicago could surprise though despite a lot of folks thinking they'd be competing with Lions for last place in NFCN.

Raiders are going to be good despite losing to chargers and I wouldn't be surprised if every team in the AFCW wins their home matchups against eachother this year because that's how good every team there is.

I watched that Bears / 9ers game and Trey Lance was horrid even in the rain.  He looked lost and the 43% completion percentage and 50 QBR are quite telling.  It is the age old story of developing a young QB vs tanking the season.  I would not be happy as a 49'ers fan.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Cincy will miss the playoffs. Tennessee will too. Green Bay would if they were in the AFC but might sneak in because the NFC sucks.

Vikings should be in your final group. They are not as good as the Bills or Chiefs but they are as good as they looked Sunday. One of the best teams in the weaker conference.

Yeah, I was gonna come in here to say that Cinci is in trouble.  All of that OL retooling and Burrow was still under constant duress.  They’ll win 9-10 games but that may not be enough.  Brutal loss for them yesterday.

Also agree that the Vikings have a “fresh” feel about them…have to get over seeing sourpuss Zimmer on the sideline and realize they have a coach who will make good use of those offensive weapons.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, I was gonna come in here to say that Cinci is in trouble.  All of that OL retooling and Burrow was still under constant duress.  They’ll win 9-10 games but that may not be enough.  Brutal loss for them yesterday.

Also agree that the Vikings have a “fresh” feel about them…have to get over seeing sourpuss Zimmer on the sideline and realize they have a coach who will make good use of those offensive weapons.

No Duck and no hobbled Ben. 
Mitch s/b better than those two 

They won’t get 2 easy wins. 

39 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

I watched that Bears / 9ers game and Trey Lance was horrid even in the rain.  He looked lost and the 43% completion percentage and 50 QBR are quite telling.  It is the age old story of developing a young QB vs tanking the season.  I would not be happy as a 49'ers fan.  

Agree, and the dilemma the 49ers have now is basically 2 options:

1) Stick with Lance and crash and burn with him or hope he improves as the season goes on and contend with him, if the former happens jobs will likely be lost since the 49ers are a team built to win now.

2) Pull the plug very soon if he don't improve and go back to Jimmy G for rest of year. If that happens you really can't go back to Lance (barring another injury to jimmy g) and you essentially throw in the towel.

My guess is that they will stay the course but he's going to have to improve dramatically to even be serviceable which is the claim that's all Jimmy G is/was.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

We turned the ball over way too much and it was anybody's game at halftime.

My point is if the Rams are a crap team this year the Bills might not be as good and already way too overconfident.

And for the love of god someone really needs to tell McD that Zack Moss is not a good football player and to stop wasting carries on this waste of space. Same thing with Mckenzie to a certain degree.

Well, defensively, the Rams actually played a lot better than it seems.

Watch Warner's breakdown of all of Allen's 3rd down attempts.

He points out that on many of them, the coverages are pretty good, it's simply that the Allen/Diggs/Davis combos, are working really well, to the extent that peephole windows, are being made to look like bay windows.

The Rams bigger problems were on offense. Stafford pretty much ignored Robinon for most of the game They need to get that sorted out fast. If they do, they wll be back as a tough out.

Offensively, both the 'Fins and Cheats, looked poor to bad.

As someone said upthread, the 'Fins will probably finish 2nd in the AFCE, but I honestly doubt they so much as sniff the playoffs. They won as much due to Jones ineptitude, as anything they did tbh.

Tua simply didn't make as many mistakes. He also might not have made a pass through the air, that travelled more than about 15 yards. Anything that shows up on the scoresheet as a larger completion than that, is down to Waddle or Hill making people miss, and getting YAC.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 947 said:

I think the Packers might actually be done. They won't be near as bad as they looked yesterday without both OTs & their WR1, but they could be a .500 team. Rodgers body language & attitude was bad, I think he either retires after the season or forces a trade.

The 49ers are in trouble if they stick with Lance. I don't see him ever becoming what they thought he could be.

Look back a few years ago when Rodgers had his top WRs hurt...he was terrible...I think they might be a 8-8 or 9-7 team that leans on their D

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

We turned the ball over way too much and it was anybody's game at halftime.

My point is if the Rams are a crap team this year the Bills might not be as good and already way too overconfident.

And for the love of god someone really needs to tell McD that Zack Moss is not a good football player and to stop wasting carries on this waste of space. Same thing with Mckenzie to a certain degree.

The Bills were good the last two years.  Why would that change now?  What makes them good are players that are still here and they added.

Unfortunately I actually agree with you on one thing... stop wasting downs on Moss.

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I feel fantastic about the O because the Rams defense is still elite.  Maybe not as good without Miller but it added a HOF MLB and if not for self inflicted mistakes we score 40.  

Our Defense looks nasty - but that Rams oline could be one of the worst in the league.  I'm Thrilled don't get me wrong and not downplaying what we did at all.  And I love that we looked physically dominant on both sides. 

I'll just feel better after watching it wreck another team with a good oline/QB combo - especially while Tre is out.

Or - not let Henry go off and make Tanny look like Mahomes.  

Re: Our Defense. The Fins and Pats showed weakness along OL this weekend so that makes me feel good in division. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Most of us know that week one can be the most ridiculous week for making prognostications so I am curious who we think is destined to be great but sucked along with sucks but showed up this week. 

I have two each way: GB and Colts get it together and make playoffs. Both had a new QB/WR combo and I think both get worked out.

I also think that Cincinnati is in for world of hurt this year along with the 49ers, who I know lost, but the announcers are acting like it is a forgone conclusion that they will turn it around. Cincy is not sneaking up on anyone and that line might not have improved. Trey Lance yesterday reminded my of Josh is first 5 games. 

Trey Lance will never be close to Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1

Been saying all off season that I don't believe the Bengals were a fluke last year.  Give them a respectable oline that can give Burrow time (not get him sacked 9 times in a game) and I think they are one of the best teams in the league.  Yesterday's result doesn't change my mind about that.  Remember what that Steelers defense did to us in week 1 last year and then look how we turned out.  Also, the Bengals defense was impressive in the playoffs (they got the stops on Mahomes in the CG that we couldn't one week earlier).  If the oline is improved, I think the Bengals could be a great team this year.

28 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Been saying all off season that I don't believe the Bengals were a fluke last year.  Give them a respectable oline that can give Burrow time (not get him sacked 9 times in a game) and I think they are one of the best teams in the league.  Yesterday's result doesn't change my mind about that.  Remember what that Steelers defense did to us in week 1 last year and then look how we turned out.  Also, the Bengals defense was impressive in the playoffs (they got the stops on Mahomes in the CG that we couldn't one week earlier).  If the oline is improved, I think the Bengals could be a great team this year.

Is that you, Zac Taylor?

I think it is too early to write off the Bengals. Yes, Burrow much like Russell Wilson is probably to blame for a good amount of the sacks he takes. However, that Bengals defense still played at a high level. They only actually gave up 16 points and that is with their QB giving the ball away FIVE times and being sacked seven times. Yes, the Steelers is O is not not above average and maybe not even average but still that's a pretty good performance given the bad situations they were routinely put in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.