Who are most misleading teams after week 1

Orlando Tim

Most of us know that week one can be the most ridiculous week for making prognostications so I am curious who we think is destined to be great but sucked along with sucks but showed up this week. 

I have two each way: GB and Colts get it together and make playoffs. Both had a new QB/WR combo and I think both get worked out.

I also think that Cincinnati is in for world of hurt this year along with the 49ers, who I know lost, but the announcers are acting like it is a forgone conclusion that they will turn it around. Cincy is not sneaking up on anyone and that line might not have improved. Trey Lance yesterday reminded my of Josh is first 5 games. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Week One is a liar.

But Cinci was inconsistent last year as well. 

I think that the Titans will be good, the Giants will be bad, Atlanta won't be that competitive and the Colts will be good.  

I'm the opposite...every year there are teams that made the playoffs the previous year that will miss this year...I feel Titans and NE are those teams in the AFC.  

• Agree 1

Teams who aren't as good as their week one performance might indicate:

- Miami Dolphins
- Washington Commanders

- Pittsburgh Steelers

- Minnesota Vikings

Teams who are better than their week one performance might indicate:

- Green Bay Packers

- Arizona Cardinals

Teams who are as bad as they looked:

- New England Patriots (stink-o-rama)
- New York Jets (gonna be a loooong year)
- Dallas Cowboys (woof)

Teams who are as good as they looked:

- Kansas City Chiefs

- Buffalo Bills

- Baltimore Ravens

• Like (+1) 13

Cincy will miss the playoffs. Tennessee will too. Green Bay would if they were in the AFC but might sneak in because the NFC sucks.

Just now, Logic said:

- Miami Dolphins
- Washington Commanders

- Pittsburgh Steelers

- Minnesota Vikings

- Green Bay Packers

- Arizona Cardinals

- Dallas Cowboys (woof)

- Kansas City Chiefs

- Buffalo Bills

- Baltimore Ravens

Vikings should be in your final group. They are not as good as the Bills or Chiefs but they are as good as they looked Sunday. One of the best teams in the weaker conference.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 9

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Vikings should be in your final group. They are not as good as the Bills or Chiefs but they are as good as they looked Sunday. One of the best teams in the weaker conference.

I agree that the Vikings are good. I just don't think they're the dominant buzzsaw that they looked like in week one. The Packers turned in a typically putrid week one performance, so it's hard to judge how good the Vikings actually are.

Perhaps I should have added a "more information needed" column.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Cincy will miss the playoffs. Tennessee will too. Green Bay would if they were in the AFC but might sneak in because the NFC sucks.

I’m with you on the Bengals, I’ve been saying since he entered the league that Burrow seems to get a complete pass on all these sacks he takes.

His pocket awareness is horrible and the Bengals will need to field a top 5 pass blocking oline throughout Burrows career to get the most out of his play. 

17 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Week One is a liar.

This is so true as it takes about 4-6 weeks in to see who really has what.  On any given week any team out there can lay an egg.

With that said I expect the Bills to come out and play a very good game against TN.  The Bills win (yes, I am being a homer) will put the Titans in a pretty deep hole to start the season.

I am excited to see How the Bills D lines up against TN.  I expect good things.

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

- Miami Dolphins
- Washington Commanders

- Pittsburgh Steelers

- Minnesota Vikings

- Green Bay Packers

- Arizona Cardinals

- Dallas Cowboys (woof)

- Kansas City Chiefs

- Buffalo Bills

- Baltimore Ravens

Vikings are good, Packers and Cardinals are not..otherwise good list

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, nucci said:

Vikings are good, Packers and Cardinals are not..otherwise good list

Thanks.

The Packers lost 38-3 to the Saints last year on opening day. They wound up 13-4.

I don't think this year's Packers team is necessarily going 13-4, but I expect them to be much better than they looked in week 1, just like they were last season.

As for the Vikings, well....see what I just said about the Packers. Hard to judge how good the Vikes really are, given how bad the Pack looked.

The Cardinals...you're probably right about the Cardinals. I may just be ranking them based on last year's reputation. This may be the last year for Kliff Kingsbury if things don't go well.

For me it's the Packers. Early season struggles always should have been expected for them offensively with the loss of Adams, with how green the rest of their receiving corps is, and with David Bakhtiari and Elgton Jenkins still hurt. Their defense had a bad first half but they have a ton of talent and looked much better in the second half. They'll be fine.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

- Miami Dolphins
- Washington Commanders

- Pittsburgh Steelers

- Minnesota Vikings

- Green Bay Packers

- Arizona Cardinals

- Dallas Cowboys (woof)

- Kansas City Chiefs

- Buffalo Bills

- Baltimore Ravens

Good stuff.  Steelers are doomed with Trubisky.  Cardinals may be that bad. 

Vikings (see below) could win the division.

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Observations:

The Bengals will be good - anyone here care to comment on how long you felt like ***t after having your appendix taken out?

The Jets D is going to be a problem and Sauce is going to be one of the best CBs in the league by the end of the season.  

Misleading:

The Chiefs and Mahomes.

Whoa whoa whoa.  Of course Mahomes is great.  But this isn't going to last - that O won't do that again.   

First off.....Will Kingsbury make it to the premiere of Hard Knocks mid season?  That team quit on him and Murray in January.  And I'm still not buying the Chiefs are better without Hill.  You kidding me?  That game was more about the colossal waste of money on Murray then the greatness of Mahomes.   

The Chargers are going to wreck KC on Thursday.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

For the bills sake I truly hope the Rams aren't a dud this year and a 7 win type of team or we might be looking at a far different reality for this team a few months from now.

Other thoughts - for reasons relevant to the bills I hope the Cardinals are as bad as they looked or you might as well get ready for the Chiefs to be hoisting another SB trophy in Feb. 

Titans/Giants - happy for Daboll but still not sure they are going to be that good this year, also think titans will be fine and head to Buffalo ready to prove something.

Bengals showed what happens when a good team turns the ball over consistently and their game was eerily similar to Bills opener last year against the same team, but think they'll be fine in long run. Steelers are going to be in big trouble going forward without Watt.

I'm not a Trey Lance fan and 49ers are in a for a long season if they don't go back to Jimmy G sooner than later, chicago could surprise though despite a lot of folks thinking they'd be competing with Lions for last place in NFCN.

Raiders are going to be good despite losing to chargers and I wouldn't be surprised if every team in the AFCW wins their home matchups against eachother this year because that's how good every team there is.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

We'd didn't struggle against them so why would that effect us?

We turned the ball over way too much and it was anybody's game at halftime.

My point is if the Rams are a crap team this year the Bills might not be as good and already way too overconfident.

And for the love of god someone really needs to tell McD that Zack Moss is not a good football player and to stop wasting carries on this waste of space. Same thing with Mckenzie to a certain degree.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.