Bills Equipment Crew

Warcodered

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

So....Josh doesn't have them deflate the ball?

Someone else deflates Josh’s balls…,

it’s a joke…, 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Eyeroll 1

I find this stuff interesting too.

But 700 pairs of receiver gloves?  I get that you want multiple backups of everything for everyone on the team, but 700???

I imagine that's what they'll need (and then some) for the entire season, and they just cart the whole lot of them around with them from game to game, so it's kind of impossible to find yourself short.  But I don't know!

13 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I like seeing these segments. Last year, I think week 1 they showed how it takes 3 of them to get Diggs jersey over his pads... the wrs like them tight so dbs can't grab at them. Cool job, good post

I remember back in the day Bruce Smith (and everyone else in the league) doing that same sort of thing, so OLmen couldn't get a grip on his jersey--and then he adopted the extra trick of spraying everything down with WD-40 so it was impossible to get a grip! 

I believe that was outlawed at some point.

• Haha (+1) 1

I had no idea there was so much that went into getting a ball ready for Allen and how you can't simply use the balls out of the box.

If this is something all equipment managers have to do I am wondering why there isn't a company that does this(along with probably several options based on what various players like and what equipment managers do to them) and then sells them the balls in game ready condition.

Seems like a potentially very profitable business.

Timely post and thanks for sharing.

For some reason, during the Thursday night game,  I was thinking about how and who gets all that stuff to the away games.  Seems to be a massive undertaking.  Those guys work way before the game and they probably stay quite late to get it all packed up ready for the ride home.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I had no idea there was so much that went into getting a ball ready for Allen and how you can't simply use the balls out of the box.

If this is something all equipment managers have to do I am wondering why there isn't a company that does this(along with probably several options based on what various players like and what equipment managers do to them) and then sells them the balls in game ready condition.

I already have a business plan and a company name for this:

”Rubbing My Balls in the Dirt, Inc.”

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Tom Brady reportedly takes his footballs home to his house and has multiple brushes and oils he applies for each and every type of conditions.  

If you watch the Tampa games their footballs don't even look brown, they look black.   

12 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

Tom Brady reportedly takes his footballs home to his house and has multiple brushes and oils he applies for each and every type of conditions.  

If you watch the Tampa games their footballs don't even look brown, they look black.   

I wonder if he has Giselle help get his balls ready for action?

13 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Good piece on this mornings Today Show on the bills equipment manger and how much stuff they travel with.

https://www.today.com/video/go-behind-the-scenes-with-the-buffalo-bills-equipment-staff-148231749733?playlist=mmlsnnd_todayarchivesmonday

Nice find. Thanks.

I like the cameo appearance of 17.

On a Uni devoted FB group I’m on, they showed a college equipment manager prepping the footballs first with shaving foam / cream, leaving it on for an hour, wiping off and then using the mud product and brushing. I think it was that the shaving cream softened the leather a bit and helped remove whatever oils / grime was used in manufacturing.

I seriously LOVE this kind of content and when I was young wanted to be an equipment guy. Just the ritual to it, the careful control of the aesthetic, ….

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I wonder if it's the same mud as they use for baseballs because that family has a real racket.

It is. Around 1:48 in the video you can see the canister. I only recently found out about that family and yeah that's quite the racket.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.