Kurt Warner breakdown of Josh’s performance.

Mynamemike

2 minutes ago, Cvanvol7 said:

He has looked damn near the same for 10 years, I feel personally attacked if you think thats a dad bod lol

Haha...it looks like his midsection is really starting to widen and the love handles coming in strong. Or else that shirt makes it appear that way and if that isn't the case he should toss that shirt in the trash unless it's a "Dad Bod" creator shirt.

31 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Man Kurt really starting to get the "Dad Bod" going...

4 minutes ago, Cvanvol7 said:

He has looked damn near the same for 10 years, I feel personally attacked if you think thats a dad bod lol

Just now, Big Turk said:

Haha...it looks like his midsection is really starting to widen and the love handles coming in strong. Or else that shirt makes it appear that way and if that isn't the case he should toss that shirt in the trash unless it's a "Dad Bod" creator shirt.

skynews-drew-scanlon-blinking-white-guy_

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

Didn’t see this posted anywhere please feel free to merge it if so. Nice breakdown from Kurt Warner, going over the film of Josh’s third down conversions from the game Thursday 

Captain Clutch

Warner makes a great point about always looking for the easiest throw and always trying to "steal one." That's one of the things he was really good and what Brady is the master of.

The only play all game Warner was slightly critical of was the one failed 3rd down play to Gabe Davis. Knox was the easy pitch and catch for the 1dt down based on pre-snap alignment, and was wide open for five yards and an easy 1st down...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I hadn't realized how well the Rams D played, and yet still got beat 9 times out of 10.  The Rams covered everyone just like a coach would want, but the X factor that they can't overcome is Josh Allen.  Unless the league creates a new category of QB, for Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, and maybe one or two others, that lets the D play with 12 men, the teams with one of those super QBs will win over and over.  

• Like (+1) 7

Good stuff and thanks for posting this.

Even on the play Warner was critical of, he still made the point that there wasn’t anything wrong with the attempt, because Josh had read the play, and he still put the ball only where the receiver could get it.

I expect when Josh plays the tapes back, he’ll recognise that himself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

didnt warner use to be a big time hater?

baldinger does a much better job of this stuff.

Yeah.

Warner's analysis is probably fine (I'm not watching it), but his platform and timing suck. Other people (like Baldy) have already released the same analysis days earlier.

19 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

didnt warner use to be a big time hater?

baldinger does a much better job of this stuff.

Maybe so, but this is still a good analysis.  Not a puff piece.  A really solid and accurate discussion of what Allen accomplished.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

I hadn't realized how well the Rams D played, and yet still got beat 9 times out of 10.  The Rams covered everyone just like a coach would want, but the X factor that they can't overcome is Josh Allen.  Unless the league creates a new category of QB, for Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, and maybe one or two others, that lets the D play with 12 men, the teams with one of those super QBs will win over and over.  

Its crazy how good the coverage was in most of those situations and it still didnt matter.  Allen and the offense executed.  Besides the Gabe TD, it wasn't trickery or scheming guys open, or blown coverage.  That was all Allen reading the safeties, throwing with anticipation, and our WRs making plays when given the opportunity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mynamemike said:

Didn’t see this posted anywhere please feel free to merge it if so. Nice breakdown from Kurt Warner, going over the film of Josh’s third down conversions from the game Thursday 

Captain Clutch

Really nice breakdowns from Kurt.  You can tell he is starting to believe in Josh, and part of it is that Josh is starting to see the field more aligned with how Kurt saw it when he played and make decisions at the same speed Kurt made them.

I love how he pointed out that the Rams coverage was actually quite good at times, and it didn't matter "your best CB on our best WR and I'm going to beat you anyway".

6 minutes in he goes to the 3rd down we didn't convert and shows that actually Josh missed a different choice there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.