At this point, anybody scare you?

Ga boy

KC and the Titans scare me still.

Miami does NOT scare me, though they looked much improved and Hill added a huge impact to the team.

Miami is WAY better than this board thought they were in the Miami vs. NE game thread...where the Fish got no respect.  They look like a 9/10 win team to me.

I still say we beat them twice, without TOO much trouble.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Miami does NOT scare me, though they looked much improved and Hill added a huge impact to the team.

Miami is WAY better than this board thought they were in the Miami vs. NE game thread...where the Fish got no respect.  They look like a 9/10 win team to me.

The patriots might be the worst team in the NFL. 

Tua looked awful. 

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah, the first game was pleasant to watch but this is a tough league, and the Bills will have things go wrong, as all teams do over the course of the season.

First seven games: Rams - Titans - Dolphins - Ravens - Steelers - Chiefs - Packers

I don't know which team it will be but at least one of them will catch the Bills on an off week, and it could be more than one.

At the start of the season there was talk that going 4-3 or even 3-4 over the first 7 games would not be surprising.  At this point, based on the mistakes they made against the Rams, I think 5-2 is probably the best we can expect.  The Rams O line was not good, which made our D line and our overall D look tremendous, but against a better O line the Bills will have a tougher contest on their hands.  The Rams game is not a guarantee of future success.

The AFCE plays the NFCN and AFCN this year, so the Bills play only one game against the AFCW, which this year is a blessing, even if the one game is against the Chiefs.  As for the Chiefs, they played a pretty bad Cardinals team, so we still don't know how good the Chiefs actually are.  I'm somewhat more impressed by the Chargers beating a good Raiders team.

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm not that worried about the Titans.  They have Henry back but they lost Brown, and the Bills D line is much bigger and stronger, so the Bills should win a tough game next Monday.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, teef said:

it's too early in the season for me to be too nervous about anyone.  as others have mentioned, the chiefs are the biggest pain in the ass still.

the Tre effect 

The Miller effect 

how many times did KC punt ?

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

Not so much KC but Mahomes scares me. He's the kind of guy who could come into Buffalo for the championship game, icy cold temperature, insane crowd, and just act like it's nothing to him.

In that respect he's the only one I really fear. But I'm interested to see how he does against a better defense that's smart enough not to blitz him every other play

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Dolphins might be for real.  Kinda scary.  So are Ravens.  Chiefs are scary.  We’ll know more after they play Chargers.  Really about both teams.  I’m not counting Colts and Titans out yet.  Bills scare everybody.  Go Bills 🏈🦬

Watch Tua's every throw yesterday here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3A-q7UKWOA , and then reassess whether Dolphins are scary. Yes, every given Sunday, Jags game last year, etc, but Dolphins need better plays from Tua before they are in the conversation of "scary".

• Like (+1) 1

After game 1, it looks like there are about 4 teams that play in a different league than the rest, Bills, Chargers, Chiefs, TB even though they didn’t capitalize on 4 trips to the RZ, still looked solidly better than the rest.  

I’m  sure others will emerge, but the NFL got what they jabbered about for years, parody, the games are getting almost as bad as the NBA in terms of lack of excitement.   Ohhh who can t get pumped about a “shoot out “ between the Eagles and the Lions.. yeah, nobody cares. 

Every fan should be cautiously optimistic for a number of reasons. For all we know the Rams might be a 6 win team this year. I doubt it but I'm always going to be skeptical until i see a bigger sample size.

And even if the bills steamroll the titans next week there's going to be question marks considering they lost at home to the Giants who most folks thought would be in contention for #1 overall pick.

For me we'll truly learn a lot about this team starting week 3 against the Fish because that's the first of what looks to be a true murderers row up until midseason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

18 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Then why'd you list Miami?

because I believe they will be one of the stronger teams.  I think Hill adds that much.  Time will tell if I’m right or wrong.    Waddle and Hill are a heckuva 1-2.  They get Baltimore this week. A good test.  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.