At this point, anybody scare you?

Ga boy

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

The biggest concern with the Chiefs is how their front office seems to keep striking gold and finding multiple starters/possible stars each year in the draft. Brett Veach is truly the best in the business based on what he's done the last 3 years.

McDuffie had zero yards allowed in coverage before leaving with an injury

Karlafits had 6 pressures at DE

Moore had a big kick return and reception

Pacheco had almost 100 all purpose yards and a TD.

If this continues I really don't see how the Bills can touch this team as long as Reid and Mahomes are there to reap all these rewards.

They can touch this team because beane is doing the exact same thing And they didn’t need more stars because Buffalo returned in almost entire roster intact except for its defense of line which it upgraded dramatically

Just because the topic of the thread is what teams make you nervous doesn’t mean that I don’t think we can touch the Chiefs Von Miller is going to eat

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They can touch this team because beane is doing the exact same thing And they didn’t need more stars because Buffalo returned in almost entire roster intact except for its defense of line which it upgraded dramatically

Just because the topic of the thread is what teams make you nervous doesn’t mean that I don’t think we can touch the Chiefs Von Miller is going to eat

Chiefs may have the best oline in the NFL which to me is going to be the difference against them this year despite our new look dline.

How the Bills (and every other team) missed out on a guy like Creed Humphrey is mind boggling.

As far as Beane having the same success I still disagree for 2 main reasons:

1) No SB appearances or win yet

2) Chiefs are further ahead in the window/process than Bills are and have already proven they can be as good, if not better than previous chiefs teams that had guys like Hill, Honey Badger, etc. Bills are likely going to lose some key guys like the chiefs did after this year and it will have to prove they can compensate for that like the Chiefs apparently have.

12 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Chiefs may have the best oline in the NFL which to me is going to be the difference against them this year despite our new look dline.

How the Bills (and every other team) missed out on a guy like Creed Humphrey is mind boggling.

As far as Beane having the same success I still disagree for 2 main reasons:

1) No SB appearances or win yet

2) Chiefs are further ahead in the window/process than Bills are and have already proven they can be as good, if not better than previous chiefs teams that had guys like Hill, Honey Badger, etc. Bills are likely going to lose some key guys like the chiefs did after this year and it will have to prove they can compensate for that like the Chiefs apparently have.

So you’re saying that being has not shown the ability to replace key guys I want some of what you’re smoking

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So you’re saying that being has not shown the ability to replace key guys I want some of what you’re smoking

He really hasn't had to yet, if anything he's upgraded certain positions which is a great thing.

But what I'm getting at is what's he going to do next year when Allen's contract kicks in like Mahomes did recently. How are guys like Poyer going to be replaced because we all know this is his last year here. Pretty sure Edmunds will walk too even though I don't think that will be a big loss.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

He really hasn't had to yet, if anything he's upgraded certain positions which is a great thing.

But what I'm getting at is what's he going to do next year when Allen's contract kicks in like Mahomes did recently. How are guys like Poyer going to be replaced because we all know this is his last year here. Pretty sure Edmunds will walk too even though I don't think that will be a big loss.

Several capable safeties already on the roster

When I think about it, I believe they can hang with anyone as long as they execute. I still get weird feelings during games. Old ghosts from the drought era. Stuff like the Bills taking a lead late in the game only for the defense to give up the tying/winning score on the next drive. All those seasons of watching those defenses give an opponent 20 when it was 3rd and 19. They were the definition of mid during those years. But even now with all the firepower this team has I still get those stupid doubts like, "Oh man... they're gonna blow this lead!" But the cool thing now, is that when I think of that, I just remember, "Well, if they do score they have to give the ball back to Josh Allen..."

Since Josh's rookie year I've had the sense about him that he's just a gamer. In his first couple years it wasn't always pretty but the dude would just find a way game in and game out (mainly in 2019 as 2018 was the "take your lumps" year but even then you could see the 'never say die' attitude he had). Now, he's a gamer, and everything is really pretty. His progression has been amazing to watch. 

But yeah...there are times it just feels like they're unstoppable on offense and then the defense gets in there and whereas in years past they were getting pressure on the QB consistently, they had a hard time getting home for the sack. Now with Von here they're feasting. When both sides are playing on fire like that it provides such a spark for the team. 

The schedule scares me.

I've bolded the games which I think will be particularly difficult (notice the Lions are bolded) but even Cleveland, the Cheatriots*** and the Jets are gonna come out swinging and are minimally trap games.

Only Chicago is a gimme IMO. 

09/19  TITANS  7:15 pm

09/25  @ Dolphins  1:00 pm

10/02  @ Ravens  1:00 pm

10/09  STEELERS  1:00 pm

10/16  @ Chiefs  4:25 pm

10/30  PACKERS  8:20 pm

11/06  @ Jets  1:00 pm

11/13  VIKINGS  1:00 pm

11/20  BROWNS  1:00 pm

11/24  @ Lions  12:30 pm

12/01  @ Patriots  8:15 pm

12/11  JETS  1:00 pm

12/18  DOLPHINS  TBD

12/24  @ Bears  1:00 pm

01/02  @ Bengals  8:30 pm

01/08  PATRIOTS  TBD

19 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

The biggest concern with the Chiefs is how their front office seems to keep striking gold and finding multiple starters/possible stars each year in the draft. Brett Veach is truly the best in the business based on what he's done the last 3 years.

McDuffie had zero yards allowed in coverage before leaving with an injury

Karlafits had 6 pressures at DE

Moore had a big kick return and reception

Pacheco had almost 100 all purpose yards and a TD.

If this continues I really don't see how the Bills can touch this team as long as Reid and Mahomes are there to reap all these rewards.

Veach is an excellent GM. No doubt about that. But wouldn't read too much into a game against Arizona. Their gameplan was arguably the worst I have seen put together in a decade. Both on offense and defense they game up with a plan that played perfectly to Kansas City's strengths. It was mind bogglingly bad. 

KC are still the team the Bills have got to get through. Veach, Reid and Mahomes are awesome. But week 1 was as much about Arizona's incompetence as KC's competence. 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Veach is an excellent GM. No doubt about that. But wouldn't read too much into a game against Arizona. Their gameplan was arguably the worst I have seen put together in a decade. Both on offense and defense they game up with a plan that played perfectly to Kansas City's strengths. It was mind bogglingly bad. 

KC are still the team the Bills have got to get through. Veach, Reid and Mahomes are awesome. But week 1 was as much about Arizona's incompetence as KC's competence. 

Agree but can't you say the same thing about the Buffalo vs Rams game? 

Teams that can compete for AFC title is KC and SD. I think it is extremely important for the Bills to get a bye and home field advantage. Both KC and SD are in a much more competitive division then they Bills. Hopefully, they beat each other up and pave the road for the Bills home field advantage throughout the playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree but can't you say the same thing about the Buffalo vs Rams game? 

Teams that can compete for AFC title is KC and SD. I think it is extremely important for the Bills to get a bye and home field advantage. Both KC and SD are in a much more competitive division then they Bills. Hopefully, they beat each other up and pave the road for the Bills home field advantage throughout the playoffs. 

I'd say the main issue in that game was that the Rams offensive line was ovewhelmed talent wise. The only element in which I would accuse the Rams of getting their gameplan wrong is I think they got away from the run too early. The Bills shut it down effectively but I thought the Rams should have persisted and tried to find some outside runs away from the teeth of the defense. I am not sure asking Stafford to throw 41 times into cover 2 looks was a winning strategy. Otherwise the Rams had the right gameplan. They were just overmatched in key areas and out executed by the Bills. When a defensive line just outplays your offensive line there is very little you can do about it as a coach. We have seen it all week 1. Offensive lines that get beat badly get their teams beat. 

I think had the Rams' line held up that would have been a closer football game. In contrast the Cardinals' gameplan never game them a chance. It was utterly imbecilic. 

I agree with you those are the main three contenders. and I agree that the #1 seed is important for Buffalo. We should have got it last year and had we, maybe we are sitting here with a Lombardi. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The schedule scares me.

I've bolded the games which I think will be particularly difficult (notice the Lions are bolded) but even Cleveland, the Cheatriots*** and the Jets are gonna come out swinging and are minimally trap games.

Only Chicago is a gimme IMO. 

09/19  TITANS  7:15 pm

09/25  @ Dolphins  1:00 pm

10/02  @ Ravens  1:00 pm

10/09  STEELERS  1:00 pm

10/16  @ Chiefs  4:25 pm

10/30  PACKERS  8:20 pm

11/06  @ Jets  1:00 pm

11/13  VIKINGS  1:00 pm

11/20  BROWNS  1:00 pm

11/24  @ Lions  12:30 pm

12/01  @ Patriots  8:15 pm

12/11  JETS  1:00 pm

12/18  DOLPHINS  TBD

12/24  @ Bears  1:00 pm

01/02  @ Bengals  8:30 pm

01/08  PATRIOTS  TBD

I am not so sure about the Steelers. TJ Watt won't play and that is huge for the Bills. Harris is already playing thru an injury and Trubisky is their QB. I don't think it will be a cakewalk but the Bills should win this one somewhat comfortably. I realize Pitt did win at Cincy but Burrow **** the bed with that awful pick 6 plus the missed FG's didn't help either.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd say the main issue in that game was that the Rams offensive line was ovewhelmed talent wise. The only element in which I would accuse the Rams of getting their gameplan wrong is I think they got away from the run too early. The Bills shut it down effectively but I thought the Rams should have persisted and tried to find some outside runs away from the teeth of the defense. I am not sure asking Stafford to throw 41 times into cover 2 looks was a winning strategy. Otherwise the Rams had the right gameplan. They were just overmatched in key areas and out executed by the Bills. When a defensive line just outplays your offensive line there is very little you can do about it as a coach. We have seen it all week 1. Offensive lines that get beat badly get their teams beat. 

I think had the Rams' line held up that would have been a closer football game. In contrast the Cardinals' gameplan never game them a chance. It was utterly imbecilic. 

I agree with you those are the main three contenders. and I agree that the #1 seed is important for Buffalo. We should have got it last year and had we, maybe we are sitting here with a Lombardi. 

No doubt the Rams Oline was over matched. Whitworth and Safford losses really hurts the Rams. Bills sacked the Rams 7 times and had relentless pressure without blitzing once. How much is a result of Rams porous Oline or a Bills great pass rush? Time will tell. I will add on Oliver got hurt early too. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.