At this point, anybody scare you?

Ga boy

2 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

What I'm most scared of right now is self-inflicted gaffes. 

If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with turnovers and botched kickoffs, I think we have the best team in the league. I didn't honestly believe it in the off-season when all the pundits were riding that train of thought, but after watching a ton of football after our contest Thursday night I do now. 

Doesn't mean we're about to go undefeated. Chiefs, Chargers and Vikings all look tough. But none of them "scare" me if we're playing mistake-free football. 

late game coaching panic

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Chiefs and Chargers 

This is it right here, although I might add the Broncos too.

One thing about the Chargers yesterday is that they did not deliver the knockout punch. They let the Raiders hang around.

If the Chargers can show that they have a killer instinct, then watch out.

Chiefs fan here. I attended Bills-Rams at SoFi. The Bills are just simply better than KC. They might have been better last year. This year they definitely are. Yes, the Chiefs offense looked great vs the Cards (and I think they'll put up better numbers than last year on the whole even without Tyreek). But...the Bills will get KC's offense off the field enough times to win; and they'll get to Mahomes despite just rushing four. The loss of Tyreek will be felt most vs the Bills than any other team. Even in the playoff game, which was very much a dink-and-dunk effort for KC, the Bills had numerous chances to get off the field on third down (including on KC's very first series when Mahomes eluded a sack and flipped to McKinnon). I have very little faith that the Chiefs can force the Bills into multiple punts. KC's corners are young/green and simply not ready to go toe-to-toe with Buffalo's receivers. 

I think the Bills win fairly easily in the regular season meeting; I think a playoff rematch could be more interesting depending on how far along KC's rookie defenders come together. But in the end, it's the Bills pass rush. That's the difference. Really hard team to drive the full length of the field multiple times. Eventually, they get you. 

Edited by beebe
edit
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Not worried about the Chargers too much. They could have lost at home to the freakin' Raiders. No one but Tampa would have me worried and that's only because of the GOAT Officials . Fixed.

AFC

1. Kansas City

2. Indy (Because we've struggled against them)

3. Cincy

4. Denver (pending)

5. San Diego

6. Baltimore

7. Las Vegas

NFC

1. Tampa Bay (because of TB12)

2.  Los Angeles (not really)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If scary means, "I don't see any way we can win," then no, I'm not afraid of any opponent.  The thing is, Buffalo is also capable of losing any game they play.  They have to stay diligent and aggressive.  Realistically, they will not go 17 - 0 in the regular season, but there is no team I'm chalking down as a loss at this point.  When they lose, it will be because of a lapse in focus and intensity, and mistakes.

As awesome as the bills are, I thought that the rams might just suck. I didn’t think they were a great time last year. Now, they lost a great pass rusher, have zero speed at receiver, and their oline sucks. It might be a long year for them. 

also, it’s the nfl and things change so much. Just stay healthy 

3 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Chiefs are a big game nemesis until we prove otherwise

Same to a lesser degree for the titans

We beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead then lost in overtime after not getting the offense back on the field. They don't scare me. The Bills are better than last year, and the Chiefs are arguably weaker without Hill.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

If healthy, the only team that can stop the Bills is the Bills.  They're just that good.

Watching that game on Thursday, the feelings from the 90's came back:  our offense is nearly impossible to stop on a consistent basis and our defense is more than good enough to shut any team down.  That's how it felt at the end of last year except for those blundered 13 seconds.  We've picked right back up in 2022 and added a Von Miller.

I think our consistency and camaraderie on both sides of the ball supersedes those explosive 90's teams.

Our D-line is already frightening even as it is still developing, our rookie DB's are adequate and growing, then we get our lockdown corner back.

F being afraid of anybody.  I'm mostly curious as to who will beat us and how?  So flexible on offense and strong on defense with years of playing together in the same systems.  We'll have plenty of tests, it'll be fun. 

I hope they set a goal in the locker room to go undefeated through the super bowl, just for added focus against shooting ourselves in the foot.

All those turnovers Thursday didn't faze us one bit.  That was the scary part (for the rest of the league).

Edited by GaryPinC

6 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Chiefs are still the best. Based on recent playoff performances and team growth, Bills trajectory was to finally take the next step and attain the Super Bowl last year. But they blew it. It's now time for the Chiefs to return.   

there isn't a single oddsmaker or pro sports bettor who would agree with this assessment. the bills will be a small road favorite when they play KC and would be -3 on a neutral field. 

4 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Dolphins might be for real.  Kinda scary.  So are Ravens.  Chiefs are scary.  We’ll know more after they play Chargers.  Really about both teams.  I’m not counting Colts and Titans out yet.  Bills scare everybody.  Go Bills 🏈🦬

Week one overreactions are fun but we know very little about most teams right now including the Bills.

But if you would like to base everything on week one I would say Chiefs hands down the best team in the league with Bills not far behind.

Also think Dolphins, Ravens and Chargers going to be in the picture.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.