At this point, anybody scare you?

Ga boy

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Chargers, Chiefs, and maybe now the Vikings. Vikings were one of the “easier”games on the schedule.  Bills get them at home and Tre should be back by then.

Still worry about physical teams, but less so than in the past. Bills front 7 looks stout.

I don't worry about physical teams at all. That is why they did so much to revamp that D line in the offseason. They drastically improved the two most glaring defensive weaknesses from last season: The ability to stop the run and the ability to get constant pressure with 4. The D line play was my favorite part of the Rams game. 

They are the best team in the NFL.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

What I'm most scared of right now is self-inflicted gaffes. 

If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with turnovers and botched kickoffs, I think we have the best team in the league. I didn't honestly believe it in the off-season when all the pundits were riding that train of thought, but after watching a ton of football after our contest Thursday night I do now. 

Doesn't mean we're about to go undefeated. Chiefs, Chargers and Vikings all look tough. But none of them "scare" me if we're playing mistake-free football. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, H2o said:

I think the Chargers and Chiefs pose the biggest threat, with the Chiefs being atop the list. The Chargers have both Mack and Bosa as their edge rushers. When he gets back healthy, they will have JC Jackson and Derwin James roaming the Secondary. That offense has the ability to put up a lot of points. The Chiefs seem to still be the Chiefs. They are our arch nemesis at the moment. The question is which of us are the new New England and which is the Indianapolis Colts? I think we have the Ravens' number, especially with our defense against their offense. McDermott/Frazier have shown this already. The Dolphins do not really scare me at all. We are going to beat Tua to death. He's already weak armed, but pressure rattles him completely and causes him to make terrible throws. Josh also loves playing against their defense, so being shut down by them doesn't really seem viable to me. I know daggone well they can't score with us. There's really no one else at this point. 

Not worried about the Chargers too much. They could have lost at home to the freakin' Raiders. No one but Tampa would have me worried and that's only because of the GOAT.

AFC

1. Kansas City

2. Indy (Because we've struggled against them)

3. Cincy

4. Denver (pending)

5. LA Chargers

6. Baltimore

7. Las Vegas

NFC

1. Tampa Bay (because of TB12)

2.  Los Angeles (not really)

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Like (+1) 1

Only thing that can beat us at this point is ourselves imho.

And with that i mean injuries or just turnovers & penalties & undisciplined play. Something i wouldnt really expect from the group of guys we have & coaching staff.

This Title is OURS!!! Really trying to temper my excitement though but why should I have to? Lets enjoy the ride because it appears this team is special

• Agree 2

I don't think there is a single team in the NFL that isn't in fear of playing our Bills.  Our team has built genuine respect with #17 and guys like Diggs and now Von Miller?

The VON effect cannot be understated THIS SEASON. I am very tempted to listen to him also...the past Burn It. Thinking about how much better the team is this year with that one acquisition alone just makes me excited! 13 seconds was last year, this is Now.

as far as teams I fear? meh I don't fear em I PITY THEM. They're about to run into a buzzsaw!

🙂 m

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Certainly the Chiefs.   Still the Chargers, and the Bengals will recover.  Miami might be a surprise.  The Ravens.  The Bucs - Brady and those receivers and that defense.  

This is still preseason.  You can be sure there will be teams that scare in December, and you have to assume that the Bills will come back to earth.  They won't play 16 more games like Thursday night.  

As others have said, however, right now the Bills scare every team.  As his kicker missed that field goal, you know that Mike Vrabel's first thought was, "And we have to go to Buffalo next week?"

• Like (+1) 1

Every Bills fan should say the chiefs. The Chiefs are still the top dog in the AFC, no matter who the media picks as their favorites, until the bills can actually beat them in the playoffs.

Titans always play us tough too. Despite their loss yesterday I still worry about them. But the bills run defense looks improved so that should help. Buffalo just needs to match their physicality + intensity. I think they will.

Indy always plays us tough too. They always start out slow so I don’t think yesterday was a representation of what they will be.

Chargers offense looked good. Justin Herbert is Justin Herbert. They are going to be an issue if for no other reason than they have Herbert. Mack was a beast on the d line.

Not overly concerned about Miami yet. Yes, Hill will probably be a PITA but they still have Tua as their QB. I think he will crumble against our pass rush.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

KC made it look effortless yesterday.  I have no idea how Kelce is so consistently wide open.  Seems like covering him would be a good idea but no one does. We certainly don't.  Losing Tyreek likely eliminates the threat of the homerun play but stopping their normal offense will remain a major challenge.  Got to generate a pass rush against Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 1

This year, more than any other year, I am NOT focused on what other teams are doing.  There's ebbs and flows to every season, and the Bills will go through them too

Singular focus is on getting the #1 seed.  That is the biggest determining factor on if we can make it to the Super Bowl.

The rest is just noise

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.