Was that the roughest W1 for survivor pools ever?

eball

I mean, wow.  Depending on your pool, either 4 of the top 5 or 5 of the top 6 most popular picks went down:  Indy, Cinci, Tennessee, San Fran, and in some pools Carolina.

The two pools I’m in lost 56 and 57% of their entries, respectively, and if Seattle somehow upsets Denver tonight that will go up.

Thankfully I had three entries in each and only lost one (damn Colts).

Crazy stuff.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

our pool was pretty heavy tennessee and carolina, bet 40% combined are gone

isn’t the point of survivor to pick a team you’re almost positive is going to win?   If so, why would Carolina be a popular pick over the Browns?  That was far from a given.   Browns are still pretty solid even without Massage-Boy.

Don't know about week 1, but in 2018 almost 65% of those that survived the first two weeks bet on 1-0-1 Minnesota at home against the 0-2 Bills.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-win-vikings-largest-nfl-upset-since-1992-wrecks-survivor-pools-everywhere-211650719.html

"It was the biggest upset the NFL has seen in 26 years."

"The game wrecked survivor pools across the country. Congratulations if you’re among the 35.59 percent of pool players who didn’t choose the Vikings this week."

1 minute ago, sullim4 said:

Every single person, myself included, in my office pool advanced.

The fish and the Ravens were easy picks this week.  Matt Patricia running a Patriots offense has disaster written all over it.  The Jets of course had no chance.

I went with Ravens - The Jets just seem terrible in every facet.

17 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Don't know about week 1, but in 2018 almost 65% of those that survived the first two weeks bet on 1-0-1 Minnesota at home against the 0-2 Bills.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-win-vikings-largest-nfl-upset-since-1992-wrecks-survivor-pools-everywhere-211650719.html

"It was the biggest upset the NFL has seen in 26 years."

"The game wrecked survivor pools across the country. Congratulations if you’re among the 35.59 percent of pool players who didn’t choose the Vikings this week."

Craziest thing was the "biggest upset in 26 years" was solely from the first half.  We didn't do Jack all in the second.  Kind of like how our 1 point off record setting beating of the defending champs was solely from the second half.

Edited by 1ManRaid

4 hours ago, eball said:

I mean, wow.  Depending on your pool, either 4 of the top 5 or 5 of the top 6 most popular picks went down:  Indy, Cinci, Tennessee, San Fran, and in some pools Carolina.

The two pools I’m in lost 56 and 57% of their entries, respectively, and if Seattle somehow upsets Denver tonight that will go up.

Thankfully I had three entries in each and only lost one (damn Colts).

Crazy stuff.

I have a few self rules when doing survivor.  Always pick a home team for one, never pick the colts for another one.  They lost to the Jags week 1 for the Jags only win of the year a couple years ago.  I don't care how much they are favored.  I won't bet them.

31 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

isn’t the point of survivor to pick a team you’re almost positive is going to win?   If so, why would Carolina be a popular pick over the Browns?  That was far from a given.   Browns are still pretty solid even without Massage-Boy.

You only get to pick a team once so a lot of people try to "save" good teams.  If you think one of the poorer teams will get a win you try to get cute and sneak through a week.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.