Report: Steelers fear that DPOY T.J. Watt tore his pec in win over Bengals

Peace Frog

1 minute ago, Simon said:

The QB's arm would have to be several feet OB and the receiver's hands would have to be several feet OB also.

Unless they were playing in a hurricane, but the NFL is too chickenspit for that anymore. :D

I could see it if someone the size of Gabe Davis runs all the way across the end zone and has planted his toes at the sideline, Josh has scrambled right and is almost all the way at the sideline or just about to go out at lets say the 5 yard line. He throws it down the sideline. Ball is physically out of bounds, but still live/in play.

Davis, over 6ft, is falling forward AND has arms stretched out and catches the ball 5 feet out of bounds, but with toes still in. Catches, keeps his feet down, and then completes his fall.

I'd be very surprised for the refs to say "no TD". And I believe with Davis' feet still in bounds, it "makes" the ball still in bounds as well. If refs did say No TD, there would be a revolt and a rule change.

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

And even in those scenarios it's probably still a score, because no ref is going ot make that call as incomplete.

Agreed.

Side note: How awesome is it that the Bills are so good, this is what we spend our Monday's discussing now?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

So you're saying if I'm running down the field right at the sideline, and right before I hit the end zone I hold the ball out to my side, and I reach farther then the outside of the pylon, it isnt a TD? Outside of the pylon isnt a TD even if I possess the ball and my feet are in bounds?

I believe the way it works is if you are in bounds and are still established in bounds in the end zone - you are fine, but if you leave your feet where you are no longer established as in bounds - the ball must be inside or they will mark you down where the ball was when you last established yourself inbounds and that is why you see those guys contort their body to get the ball back inside the pylon as the dive along the goal line.

Additionally if you were running down the sideline and dove and got hit knocking you well into the white OOB, but were spinning Ala John Elway - if while you are in the air before landing - if the ball crosses the goal line inside the pylon - it is a TD. If on the other hand you spun with the ball out of bound and that hit down first - even if part of you body landed in the e zone - if you were out of bounds first - the spot is were the ball left the field of play.

Think about the Superman dive Josh did a couple of years ago and how he worked super hard to ensure the ball hit the pylon.  That was critical for the TD.  There was another scramble where he got knocked out of bound inside the 10 - he was extending for the first down, but the marked him short and people got mad, but they marked him at the point where the ball crossed OOB as he was in the air because on landing he was no longer in bounds.

It is just a bunch of goofy scenarios that happen a bunch and can be critical, but they do a piss poor job of explaining on TV.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/theres-optimism-that-steelers-t-j-watt-did-not-fully-tear-his-pec-and-could-return-in-roughly-a-month/

There's optimism that Steelers' T.J. Watt did not fully tear his pec and could return in roughly a month

Is this like RGIII "partially tearing" his ACL or Kevin Durant "straining" his achilles.

Just call it a season and heal up, man.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The Durant reference is spot on. A bball player with a really bad “calf strain”— just asking for that Achilles tear. 

Yeah...I mean I find it hard to believe it would heal up enough to not reoccur within the first game back with all the pushing and tackling they do that strains that area of the body

33 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

If Watt is looking for 2nd and 3rd opinions on his pectoral tear, the opinion of the original doctor couldn't have been good.

If a team doc told him it's minor, he might be wanting to go outside and get another opinion before he goes out and makes it worse?

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Najee Harris with high ankle sprain as well.

Looks like they got good news on him also.

Says he'll be ready to go next week vs New England.

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Dude gets injured pulling off one guys helmet and then trying to behead the QB.  Tears his juiced up pec.  

Another Watt bro sidelined with pec injury (his bro bro is out with a bunch of torn bits as well).  Nothing to see here NFLPA and NFL!

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

influenced to juice even more?

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hate to see injuries. Also, he is a dirty player.

11 hours ago, Doc said:

See ya later, T Watt. 

9 hours ago, Freak-O said:

A torn pec is the kind of injury I associate with juiced up bodybuilders, where the muscle has outgrown its tendons. 

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah that's not a great example of him being a dirty player...........but he is never the least bit concerned that he may cheap shot someone.   If it won't draw a flag there is no restraint with him.   Example:  for most players there is a difference between a peanut punch and punching someone like you are in a street fight.......there is a measured restraint...........Watt isn't afraid to punch another player full force in the junk if he misses.   I'd be good with him on my team but as an opposing player I don't wish him well and I've always felt that he and JJ were roided up on another level than the average NFL player so these type of injuries eventually happen to heavy juicers, IMO.

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

These guys (the Watt bros.) seem fragile, and I would guess it's because they are juicing like crazy and are "puffed up" beyond their natural size and strength level.

They're like an F1 car that is so tweaked and hot-rodded, so close to the edge of breaking with regard to every component, that one problem comes along and BOOM....you have a failure.

Compare both those guys to a guy like Reggie White, who was just a natural horse and had "honest" size and strength without the need for juicing and much greater reliability as a result.

6 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Oh, these guys are clean, they just eat a lot of protein and lift,  as I have been told several times by members here, 😂🤣😆,

6 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

The Watt bros should be using that TB12 miracle beverage. It not only miraculously heals whatever ails you but it halts the aging process and keeps you young forever. Julio Jones has said he was using it and he looked young again.

Has the NFL ever tested that stuff ? ... Coming from a guy who has some "shady" dealings to help him win in his past, random testing of that could be interesting.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

You guys need to knock it off, Bosas and Watts are cleaner than a sterile surgery instrument...:cry:

Also for those of you that are turning this TJ Watt thread into a TD catch vs no TD catch thread please stop derailing this important thread with negative and non TJ Watt talk and get it back on track with some TJ Watt talk:wub:

• Haha (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

You guys need to knock it off, Bosas and Watts are cleaner than a sterile surgery instrument...:cry:

Also for those of you that are turning this TJ Watt thread into a TD catch vs no TD catch thread please stop derailing this important thread with negative and non TJ Watt talk and get it back on track with some TJ Watt talk:wub:

Does this surgeon work for the cartel or the black market?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Well if they didn’t run him 300 million times a game

Believe it or not he only had 4 carries at the half and finished with just 10; I was in a barn full of Stiller fans who were less than pleased.

The play he got hurt on was terrifying; it looked Napoleon McCallum gruesome on first viewing and didn't get a lot better on the second.

The Cruel Contortion Of Najee

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.