Dak out 6 to 8 weeks now what for the cowboys

oldschoolfootball1963

According to Colin Cowherd today, Dak should be back in 5 weeks or 6 weeks max. He says today's athletes have the best medical teams and recover faster. The Cowboys also do not want to give up assets for someone like Garoppolo since they need as many picks as they can get since so many of their past picks haven't worked out.

Edited by chongli

Dallas looked lame last night and 5 weeks without your starting QB is more than enough to kill your season.

I don't imagine Dallas will do anything this year, which suits me just fine! 

Maybe they won't be on TV every freaking week now.

7 minutes ago, chongli said:

According to Colin Cowherd today, Dak should be back in 5 weeks or 6 weeks max. He says today's athletes have the best medical teams and recover faster. The Cowboys also do not want to give up assets for someone like Garoppolo since they need as many picks as they can get since so many of their past picks haven't worked out.

Do people actually believe what Cowherd says? It amazing guys like him and Skip have people who pay attention to anything they say. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Do people actually believe what Cowherd says? It amazing guys like him and Skip have people who pay attention to anything they say. 

As long as he praises Josh Allen and the Bills, I am good, haha!

But more seriously, he does irritate me sometimes. There is a promo clip that plays repeatedly on his radio show at commercials where he compares Buffalo to Mike Tyson. He says Tyson struggled against good fighters lik Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis because he didn't have the finer skills necessary when he fought the best, as well as the best coaching, corners guys, etc. He had the best knockout punch, and that's all he needed when he fought most opponents. Then Cowherd says the Bills are like that: they blow out teams, similar to Tyson destroying opponents, but in close games last year they were actually 0-6.

How many times is he going to air that promo? Drives me crazy. But it's either that or SXM NFL Radio when I'm driving.

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Dallas might decide that the season is dead and Jerry has only ever fired one coach in season. 

I suspect the Cardinals might decide the season is still salvagable and therefore at some point conclude they might benefit from the "bump" you sometimes get from a coaching change. 

So if I was having a bet? Kliff.

Why are we talking about the Cardinals needing to "salvage" their season at this point?

25 minutes ago, chongli said:

They actually have drafted pretty well over the last several years.  

I agree they do not want to give up draft picks, but mostly because that is where their talent has come from.

They have done a much worse job at pro scouting and retention of proper talent.

We will see how quickly Dak comes back, but the timeline will most likely be dependent upon how they do while he is gone and how the NFC East looks.  I think they will be struggling - so I think they let him fully recover, but could rush him if they are still alive.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Why are we talking about the Cardinals needing to "salvage" their season at this point?

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Maybe they won't. But come back in 5 weeks. I suspect we will bein exactly that spot. 

Maybe they're just trying to reverse they're standard play well early and collapse at the end pattern.

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Maybe.  What's the def'n of salvage though?  If they're 3-3 after 6 games, do they need to salvage?

Possibly. I think the standard for Kliff this year is win a playoff game. If it gets to a stage where they don't think that is on then he could be in trouble. They are a really old, beaten up roster. I just don't see a lot of energy or dynamism in that team. 

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Possibly. I think the standard for Kliff this year is win a playoff game. If it gets to a stage where they don't think that is on then he could be in trouble. They are a really old, beaten up roster. I just don't see a lot of energy or dynamism in that team. 

Well...energy and dynamism are what the Birdies just paid Murray the Big Bucks to keep in their house.  So if you're right, they spilled their birdseed.

Marquise Brown, Rondale Moore, and Andy Isabella are all 4th year players.  James Conner 6th year.    Now AJ Green is geriatric, I'll grant you that.   But lack of youth isn't the problem with the rest of them. 

Their OL looks kinda typical for age and experience.  Average 9 years, but it's 3 vets and 2 younger guys.

DL, Lawrence and Allen are relatively young.  JJ Watt is seems to be going the "Light's Out" or Trent Murphy route, but he's the same age as Von Miller.

Their DB are relatively young - a lot younger than our safeties that's for sure.

I had to look up their LB.  I don't see the age issue.

So yeah, they got a couple of older players in Green, Ertz and Watt, but otherwise I don't think age is the problem?

I do agree that in his 5th year, Kingsbury is expected to show them something in the playoffs.  OTOH, Murray is now the $230M man.   I would think that might influence things.

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, transient said:

Either I'm missing the sarcasm/humor in your post, which is entirely possible, or this is a bit of an overreaction to some good natured ribbing (which GB clearly got, since he laughed at it).

If it was good natured ribbing, then I take it back. I didn't know if you were familiar with GB's work.

Sometimes we need a <sarcasm> tag around this place.

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The one two years ago was a freak. This one a direct result of not protecting your Quarterback. The Cowboys let their line age out without having the next generation in the building and they are now paying the price. 

i said 2 times in 3 years he is missing multiple games.. thats it.. its just fact.. crap why does everyone feel they need to 1 up everyone around here. I realize it was freak but its still fact. moving on.. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.