Dak out 6 to 8 weeks now what for the cowboys

oldschoolfootball1963

Welcome back to the League Cam!  They can win some games with Cam being their 3rd Rb that throws once in a while.  McCarthy should never have been hired, but there they are.  It’s amazing how much Jerry will spend to retain players and how quickly he will criticize them, but mediocre coaches are his thing and he won’t admit a mistake and fire them.  How long did Garrett hold on? Then replace him with the definition of mediocre.  It’s shocking honestly.  What’s next?  Hire Greg Roman for another run heavy O?  C’mon man.  They are getting what Jerry deserves.

20 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wonder if they could find a way to work out a trade for Jimmy G or even Lamar. I think deep down the Ravens want to move away from a very limited passer and him being traded would not stun me.

No way Lamar is getting traded in season, the Ravens have a shot to compete this year.   I personally think they are signing their own death warrant if they sign him long term, hence I’m hoping they do it. 

Jimmy G, I wouldn’t make the move for, the 9ers should command a lot for him and he has a no trade clause so he has to agree.  I can’t see him wanting to go be a lame duck.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

My question is does this injury cover/gloss over for Dak playing like absolute dog ***** in that game.

It may for some in the short term.  Cowboys are stuck with him for years.  His contract is untradeable and has become a "poster child"

of risk in creative cap financials.  They started his contract with a void year and have already restructured him twice.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dak-prescott-19089/

So, if he does keep playing bad Jerry and the 'boys have their hands tied.

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wonder if they could find a way to work out a trade for Jimmy G or even Lamar. I think deep down the Ravens want to move away from a very limited passer and him being traded would not stun me.

I don't see anything like that happening (see my above post).

General Note:  When team use the Void Years and Restructures, most times it works out OK.  When situations like this happen it

can cause a team to blow everything up and start over.  Restructuring players who get injured often and/or players whose play

falls off is a killer.  Especially when a player has a "No Trade" clause like Dak has.  He can stop any trade he doesn't like.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. I feel for Saleh a bit. I don't know if he is a good head coach or not but I know the Jets luck the past two years has been rotten. I remember from my own soccer coaching days I went in as an assistant manager at a club one year with a new coach who had been successful elsewhere, was a really good semi-pro coach and a good guy and it just never worked out. Our goalkeeper decided to emigrate to Australia and left after 4 or 5 weeks, our top striker broke his leg in the 3rd game of the season, our pitch flooded during a particularly bad storm and we ended up without a home ground for half a season and ultimately he got fired at the end of a solitary season in charge. I am not sure anyone could have dealt with what we faced and done any better. I sort of feel a bit like that with Saleh. Maybe he does suck anyway. But he'd need to be Vince bleeping Lombardi to overcome some of the injuries and issues he has had there at a time when he is looking build a culture and turn a ship around. 

The two coaches I'll add to the watch list are Rivera if the Commanders are bad (fortunate to win yesterday) and Frank Reich is in playoffs or bust mode in Indy. And he might even need to win a playoff game to be safe. 

I’m not sure what of this post is more gibberish, the sympathy for a Jets coach or all of the European futball gobbledegook sprinkled throughout. Take this nonsense elsewhere Ted Lasso. 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, transient said:

I’m not sure what of this post is more gibberish, the sympathy for a Jets coach or all of the European futball gobbledegook sprinkled throughout. Take this nonsense elsewhere Ted Lasso. 🤣

Hey, don't be disrespecting Gunner Bill. He belongs here.

You can take your s*** elsewhere, transient.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Poleshifter said:

Hey, don't be disrespecting Gunner Bill. He belongs here.

You can take your s*** elsewhere, transient.

Either I'm missing the sarcasm/humor in your post, which is entirely possible, or this is a bit of an overreaction to some good natured ribbing (which GB clearly got, since he laughed at it).

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Do they go get jimmy g ? this team looked lifeless and I’ve never seen Dak look so bad. I’m officially worried their season is done. 

Jimmy G will be starting again soon for the 49ers based if Lance continues to look like hot garbage.

Hard to write any team off after week one but Cowboys future is pretty dismal at present.

7 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I agree with this 100%.  I don’t think McCarthy goes during the season and if he does it is like the last game - not at a bye or anything.

Kliff should be gone - I just do not know the full extent of the Murray/Kliff relationship.  Murray with the new contract essentially owns that team - so if he wants Kliff gone - adios.  If he wants Kliff around - I think he stays.  

That team looks like it could underperform badly until Hopkins gets back.  Then I worry they have some talent to turn things around.

I think Rhule is dead man walking - that owner wants to win now and they just are not set-up to win.

I also think Salah in NY might be in some trouble as the fan base is killing him for the injury debacles and rolling out Flacco repeatedly.   That looks like a bad situation if they do not get their hands wrapped around it.

agree

At least Clifford has modeling to fall back on.

McCarthy? He has nothing but his lard ass to soften the blow. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

If I were the Cowboys, I would be calling up Fitz right now and seeing if he could be coaxed out of retirement. He's certainly better than anything they have

I agree.  Nobody could learn the playbook faster.  Sign today.  Start this weekend.  

There is no sense in them bringing any other QB in to replace Dak.  Their OL is battered(as evidenced by the fact that they signed old man Peters and are trying to get him in shape), the WR corp are depleted(until Gallup and Washington get back), and Dak will be back by mid-season.

Edited by LabattBlue

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Notre Dame might give them a running.

The major difference is ND has legitimate reasons for being held back - location, actually being somewhat of a school that makes players study. The cowboys get talked about like they are some dynasty team when they are basically the Wisconsin Badgers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.