Dak out 6 to 8 weeks now what for the cowboys

oldschoolfootball1963

6 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The Cowboys and Dak did not look good at all even before he got hurt. This will most likely be McCarthy's final year before Jones goes out and offers Sean Peyton and boat load of money to be their new HC.

Correct. The line play, the scheme and Dak were all struggling before he got hurt. They know they are in trouble.

It’s not that I wish harm on opposing players, it’s that I hope all opposing teams have zero success, especially Dallas, that is the most over hyped team in the league, they under perform annually, and the owner is the definition of the slang usage of the word “tool”…, Arizona is not far behind,  with their under performing child QB and the all show and no go HC. 

3 hours ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Do they go get jimmy g ? this team looked lifeless and I’ve never seen Dak look so bad. I’m officially worried their season is done. 

Worried? Sounds like something to celebrate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Dallas might decide that the season is dead and Jerry has only ever fired one coach in season. 

I suspect the Cardinals might decide the season is still salvagable and therefore at some point conclude they might benefit from the "bump" you sometimes get from a coaching change. 

So if I was having a bet? Kliff.

Kliff won’t be going. They said on the broadcast they just extended his contract for a few years ( I forget the exact number but the gyms contract was also extended to add continuity). This went along with the new contract for Murray as well, so they have a core group. Again m just repeating what broadcasters said during the chiefs thrashing them.   ( btw KC’s offense looked amazing, better than ours w no turnovers and they had two new receivers replacing Hill andnew tight ends and at least two prominently used backs. 5 td pas / 360 yds passing ,44 points, seriously they looked more varied and unpredictable than with Hill. Kelce also had over 100 yds!  They are dangerous )  
Jerry was pretty upset about the o producing 3 points and they looked horrible on offense. They lack experienced, productive receivers. Without Dax they are toast , so firing their coach now makes little sense. Who would take that job with no NFL starting caliber QB ; I would expect them to let it play out coaching wise ( can’t really fire a gm can they , as they, the Johnson clan, approved this roster going in ) but they have to try.to bring in a QB I would think at a minimum for emergency backup , unless some prominent name is out there I don’t remember right now. After the 49 ers loss to the bears and Lances terrible performance, I doubt they trade Jimmy right now..  JMHO, but that’s what I heard discussed yesterday. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Dak is an idiot. Didn’t anyone tell him you get hurt more standing in the pocket.  He should be running a lot more taking on defenders every chance he has.  This way he will not run the risk of injury as much. 

It's risky to let your QB throw the ball when the game is out of hand and there's no reason for it. Cowboys paid the price. 

3 hours ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Do they go get jimmy g ? this team looked lifeless and I’ve never seen Dak look so bad. I’m officially worried their season is done. 

I've never been so happy watching a game other than the Bills game against the Rams !!

26 minutes ago, Malazan said:

It's risky to let your QB throw the ball when the game is out of hand and there's no reason for it. Cowboys paid the price. 

It was a two score game with like 6 mins left. They were playing badly, but it wasnt impossible to come back

24 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Wonder if they call about keenum? One of the better backups in the league 

I wonder how quick Beane hangs up the phone

There isn't much Dallas can do. When you pay elite-QB money to a QB who is not elite, and are also paying elite-RB money, you're too cap strapped for anything but the cheapest moves. They'll likely have to add a street FA or pluck a practice squad guy.

No way the 49ers trade Jimmy, I'll bet they're going to need him soon.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.