Dak out 6 to 8 weeks now what for the cowboys

oldschoolfootball1963

I think it would take an offer the Niners couldn’t refuse and Jerry might be one of the few that would do it.

However, I believe the Niners kept Jimmy G around because they aren’t sure Trey Lance is ready to lead a title contender.  The conditions in Chicago were terrible but he didn’t look that great.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Do they go get jimmy g ? this team looked lifeless and I’ve never seen Dak look so bad. I’m officially worried their season is done. 

I do not think they can get Jimmy without a couple of nice picks or a big player.  I think they may have to suck it up and see where they are in a few weeks. 

I think they were in for a dogfight in that division and now they are in trouble and I for one say let it burn.  🔥 

Jimmy G is at least going to fetch SF a third as a comp pick and I am not sure they are comfortable with Lance yet - so Unless Dallas blows them away and Jimmy wants to go - I just don’t see it.

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Who goes first? Kingsbury or McCarthy

Dallas might decide that the season is dead and Jerry has only ever fired one coach in season. 

I suspect the Cardinals might decide the season is still salvagable and therefore at some point conclude they might benefit from the "bump" you sometimes get from a coaching change. 

So if I was having a bet? Kliff.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Dallas might decide that the season is dead and Jerry has only ever fired one coach in season. 

I suspect the Cardinals might decide the season is still salvagable and therefore at some point conclude they might benefit from the "bump" you sometimes get from a coaching change. 

Agree

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree with this 100%.  I don’t think McCarthy goes during the season and if he does it is like the last game - not at a bye or anything.

Kliff should be gone - I just do not know the full extent of the Murray/Kliff relationship.  Murray with the new contract essentially owns that team - so if he wants Kliff gone - adios.  If he wants Kliff around - I think he stays.  

That team looks like it could underperform badly until Hopkins gets back.  Then I worry they have some talent to turn things around.

I think Rhule is dead man walking - that owner wants to win now and they just are not set-up to win.

I also think Salah in NY might be in some trouble as the fan base is killing him for the injury debacles and rolling out Flacco repeatedly.   That looks like a bad situation if they do not get their hands wrapped around it.

Edited by Rochesterfan

34 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I agree with this 100%.  I don’t think McCarthy goes during the season and if he does it is like the last game - not at a bye or anything.

Kliff should be gone - I just do not know the full extent of the Murray/Kliff relationship.  Murray with the new contract essentially owns that team - so if he wants Kliff gone - adios.  If he wants Kliff around - I think he stays.  

That team looks like it could underperform badly until Hopkins gets back.  Then I worry they have some talent to turn things around.

I think Rhule is dead man walking - that owner wants to win now and they just are not set-up to win.

I also think Salah in NY might be in some trouble as the fan base is killing him for the injury debacles and rolling out Flacco repeatedly.   That looks like a bad situation if they do not get their hands wrapped around it.

Yea. I feel for Saleh a bit. I don't know if he is a good head coach or not but I know the Jets luck the past two years has been rotten. I remember from my own soccer coaching days I went in as an assistant manager at a club one year with a new coach who had been successful elsewhere, was a really good semi-pro coach and a good guy and it just never worked out. Our goalkeeper decided to emigrate to Australia and left after 4 or 5 weeks, our top striker broke his leg in the 3rd game of the season, our pitch flooded during a particularly bad storm and we ended up without a home ground for half a season and ultimately he got fired at the end of a solitary season in charge. I am not sure anyone could have dealt with what we faced and done any better. I sort of feel a bit like that with Saleh. Maybe he does suck anyway. But he'd need to be Vince bleeping Lombardi to overcome some of the injuries and issues he has had there at a time when he is looking build a culture and turn a ship around. 

The two coaches I'll add to the watch list are Rivera if the Commanders are bad (fortunate to win yesterday) and Frank Reich is in playoffs or bust mode in Indy. And he might even need to win a playoff game to be safe. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. I feel for Saleh a bit. I don't know if he is a good head coach or not but I know the Jets luck the past two years has been rotten. I remember from my own soccer coaching days I went in as an assistant manager at a club one year with a new coach who had been successful elsewhere, was a really good semi-pro coach and a good guy and it just never worked out. Our goalkeeper decided to emigrate to Australia and left after 4 or 5 weeks, our top striker broke his leg in the 3rd game of the season, our pitch flooded during a particularly bad storm and we ended up without a home ground for half a season and ultimately he got fired at the end of a solitary season in charge. I am not sure anyone could have dealt with what we faced and done any better. I sort of feel a bit like that with Saleh. Maybe he does suck anyway. But he'd need to be Vince bleeping Lombardi to overcome some of the injuries and issues he has had there at a time when he is looking build a culture and turn a ship around. 

The two coaches I'll add to the watch list are Rivera if the Commanders are bad (fortunate to win yesterday) and Frank Reich is in playoffs or bust mode in Indy. And he might even need to win a playoff game to be safe. 

I agree - the issue with Salah that I have seen is how and what he says to the media and then what happens. 

He is meeting the media on Monday and Tuesday basically saying Zack Wilson may be ready for Game#1 we are working him out.  He then says after both practices that there were no set backs with Zack.  Then Wednesday it is he will be inactive until game 4.  The fans are WTF.

I know it frustrated Bills fans that they would not give a timeline on White, but I think this is why.  We do not know what the doctors are going to say - so we will follow up with on schedule and no real info.

The injuries are bad, but he has handled the media even worse - even the Brown injury was sort of a WTF moment that he never gave context to.  Those things cause ill will and now the fan base is starting to call him “Steroid Pinocchio”.  

I can’t see the owners loving that even though he is Joe Douglas’s guy.  Just crazy.

11 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I agree - the issue with Salah that I have seen is how and what he says to the media and then what happens. 

He is meeting the media on Monday and Tuesday basically saying Zack Wilson may be ready for Game#1 we are working him out.  He then says after both practices that there were no set backs with Zack.  Then Wednesday it is he will be inactive until game 4.  The fans are WTF.

Yes they are frustrated. I was breezing through their forum Saturday and one of their fans posted that Salah stated Queen Elizabeth was out two to four weeks.

Edited by sherpa
  • Haha (+1) 12

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

this is 2 out of 3 years Dak will miss multiple games.

The one two years ago was a freak. This one a direct result of not protecting your Quarterback. The Cowboys let their line age out without having the next generation in the building and they are now paying the price. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Do they go get jimmy g ? this team looked lifeless and I’ve never seen Dak look so bad. I’m officially worried their season is done. 

The Cowboys and Dak did not look good at all even before he got hurt. This will most likely be McCarthy's final year before Jones goes out and offers Sean Peyton and boat load of money to be their new HC.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.