Sunday Night Football: Tampa Bay @ Dallas Game Thread

Simon

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

Well, that was a short season. 🤷‍♂️

Much like my 'run' in the TBD Survivor Pool. Done in on Week 1 by the stupid Titans. I have never been eliminated in the first week. I guess there's a first for everything. Oh, well. One less thing to do...

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Much like my 'run' in the TBD Survivor Pool. Done in on Week 1 by the stupid Titans. I have never been eliminated in the first week. I guess there's a first for everything. Oh, well. One less thing to do...

You're just getting rid of the unnecessary things in your life :D

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

Never good to hear about any injury. 

But he was not playing well. Indecisive, inaccurate. I have never bought into the hype surrounding him and tonight was proof of why.

Yeah nobody wants anybody to get hurt, but I do wonder if this injury is going to gloss over the fact that he was ***** awful.

43 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Me too!

I already hated the Titans, now this gives me yet another reason.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Monday morning reflections:

1. Is this the year Tampa finally committs to Fournette as a featured part of their offense? Ronald Jones is gone, as is Bruce Arians... a playcaller who generally lacks patience for the run game. He looked fast and decisive last night. Can see him having a big year.

2. I am not sure how many more losses to the offensive line Tampa can absorb. Personally I think if Smith is out long term it is time to flip Tristan Wirfs to the blindside. He has been an elite right tackle his first two years. Time to see if he can man the big boy spot. 

3. Talking of offensive lines a lot of the pre-season talk has been around this being the worst Dallas Oline in over a decade. It looked every bit that last night. It wasn't just rookie tackle Tyler Smith that was up and down. The whole line struggled. Not sure how fixable that is. 

EDITED: Just seen that the hit that took Dak out has actually been diagnosed as a broken bone in his throwing hand. Well that's that. I always say nothing can sink a season faster than a bad offensive line. Dak done for 6-8 weeks. Dallas done for the year. Stick a pin in Mike McCarthy. 

4. The Cowboys know their protection is struggling and their adjustment first half was to try and go heavy play action keep extra guys in to protect and only run 2 or 3 people into the pattern. Which resulted in every Dallas receiver looking double covered - they were. 

5. As a spectacle compared to last year's Thursday night opener this was a boring football game. The two brands that I think most NFL fans are officially over are the Cowboys and Brady. I need to see less of both in prime time. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.