Patriots and dolphins (This Year)

youthemanog

I'm happy for this thread. Watching the pat and phins was a big part of my Sunday. there was a tiny voice of worry in my head that was saying maybe Tua is better and maybe the Pats O will be OK. Well, although it is just one game, that worry has been chased away by laughter. Neither QB belongs in the NFL. Tua is a weak armed first read guy with 0 problem causing athletic upside. Mac Jones throws the ball with great anticipation because he CANT throw the ball any other way. My son and I counted out loud in SECONDS how long it takes for passes to go from his hand to receivers. These two team have zero chance. They are terrible. I am happy. 

And does that mean we should worry about the Jets, nope. The Jets are still the Jets. I feel bad for Jets fans. I really do. I have a lot of bad felling for the Phins and Pats, but the Jets just have my sympathy. I was actually rooting for the Jets today. They make me sad. Like watching a wounded coyote on the side of the road. Like, sure, they are vermin and get into your trash and terrorize your pets sometimes, but the poor thing is just laying there whimpering. On the edge of dying. In pain. That is the Jets. Poor Jets.

Let's go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Both their lines is what caught my attention. Always good to scout divisional opponents who maybe on the come up. However I think both their O lines look worse than the rams. They do have good interior players but I feel better about our ability to deal with that after Donald. Overall besides weather (heat week 3 though LA was hot Thursday too) we should be in good shape. 

1 hour ago, Buddo said:

No point, it's boneless. ;)

Jones,atm, simply isn't good enough. Either with his arm (although it's at least a bit better than Tua's) or his head.

Needing an X-Ray, is probably all his own fault for stuffing up his own protections and getting blindsided by a Fin, who came hurtling at him totally untouched, and then absolutely levelled him (fairly I might add).

Maybe they should nickname him Ivar??

1 hour ago, Buddo said:

Jones,atm, simply isn't good enough. Either with his arm (although it's at least a bit better than Tua's) or his head.

Needing an X-Ray, is probably all his own fault for stuffing up his own protections and getting blindsided by a Fin, who came hurtling at him totally untouched, and then absolutely levelled him (fairly I might add).

1 hour ago, Buddo said:

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Neither team looked very good... however it seems like the Phins are carrying themselves with some sort of swagger like they've actually accomplished something...

I saw a CBS article that gave the dolphins an A for the game. I wondered if the author actually watched the game. Because what I saw was a mediocre fins team playing an inept Pats team. Fins did not impress me at much. 

This game was two examples of subpar QB play on both sides.  In the end, the difference was Miami’s weapons who bailed out Tua time and time again.  

Tua’s numbers look so much better than his play would indicate thanks to his skill players.  The 47 yard TD was all Waddle and poor tackling by NE.   In the second half of the game Miami scored a whopping 3 points.  What’s worse is, there are people acting like he played well.  He almost turned the ball over multiple times today including in the 4th quarter.  

As far as NE, the play calling was a f’n abomination but that’s what happens when you have Matt Patricia as your OC.  Mac Jones looked inaccurate but in his defense, the receivers on the field could barely get open forcing him to throw in coverage hoping his receivers could make a play on the ball like they Miami’s did for Tua…. it didn’t happen.  Mac looked like a different QB than we saw for most of the season.  He just don’t have a good play caller or great talent around him

I think the end of the road for Bill Belichick illustrious coaching career is drawing near.  

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

80% of Tuna’s throws were wobbly ducks.

Two or three of his throws skipped off the turf.  He looked especially bad throwing on the run 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

Both their lines is what caught my attention. Always good to scout divisional opponents who maybe on the come up. However I think both their O lines look worse than the rams. They do have good interior players but I feel better about our ability to deal with that after Donald. Overall besides weather (heat week 3 though LA was hot Thursday too) we should be in good shape. 

Miami looks like the same team we trounce by 20-30 pts every year. 

Their OLine looks suspect.

They love blitzing and don't get there way too often leaving huge running lanes for Allen and man coverage that will get exploited.

Tua looks meh at best.

I just don't see them as anything special at all.

From the Patriots forum after their loss at Miami:

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/official-post-game-thread-dolphins-beat-the-pats.1159061/post-6409097

Nothing has made sense with this team since the playoff loss.

The personnel decisions, the free agency moves, the draft, the lack of discipline and creativity.

This is pretty hard to watch.

Actually it was the loss in Foxborough two weeks earlier to the Bills that started the downslide. But, in any case, I'm glad we caused it.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.