NFL "Around the League" Gameday thread

TBBills

3 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Anyone know how to catch different games than what my YouTubeTV is giving me? I wanna see how Mitch does in Pittsburgh and I kinda like that Joey B. But I only have a choice of either Eagles vs Lions or Phins vs Pats at 1. I tried using a VPN but I dunno if that's gonna work. Any tips are appreciated. 

NFL+ is probably your best paid option but that's only on mobile. 

Edited by The Wiz

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Bills already took care of week 1 and now we get to sit back and watch what every other team is going to put up.

I am excited to watch Dolphins vs Patriots just b.c no matter what one of those teams is going to lose the game and they might both look horrible doing it. WIN/WIN

Week 1 Spread.png

My predictions for winners this week:

Steelers

Eagles

Colts

Falcons

Ravens

Pats

Panthers

49ers

Jags

Raiders

Titans

Chiefs

Vikings

Cowboys

Broncos

I'll check back later to see how wrong I am

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

This is going to be tough, I can't decide who I want to lose more, Pats or Phins. I think I'll go with the Phins 

I hate myself for saying this as it’ll mean the Patriots win but I want the Dolphins to lose. It’ll really demoralise their fan base very early on in the season. Even more so if Tua has a nightmare. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

This is going to be tough, I can't decide who I want to lose more, Pats or Phins. I think I'll go with the Phins 

Just now, BritBill said:

I hate myself for saying this as it’ll mean the Patriots win but I want the Dolphins to lose. It’ll really demoralise their fan base very early on in the season. Even more so if Tua has a nightmare. 

Yeah it’s tough. I hate the idea of fins fans getting cocky about their new offense right out the gate, but Pats fans also deserve only abject misery for years to come. 

So I think I’ll go with a fins win where both qb’s look dreadful. Or maybe a 10-10 tie game, that sounds good! 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I just saw an NFL+ Prime

cant these :censored:ing services just have 1 damn package??

Always something more to pay for 

Like the new Hulu + TV +++ 

FFS 🤦‍♀️ 

I'm actually interested in the NFL+ Prime deal.

I actually like when they do the big packages with other providers.  Hulu + Espn+ + Disney+.  $22/mon vs probably $40-45 to purchase them individually.  JMO.

• Like (+1) 3

NFL Week 1 QB talk: Josh Allen set the tone. Now, it's up to others to show what they've got.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-week-1-qb-talk-131835837.html

The NFL wanted Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen to open the season for a reason.

And he delivered.  

Allen threw three touchdowns and ran for another in the Bills' 31-10 rout of the defending Super Bowl champion Los Angeles Rams to kick off Week 1 of the 2022 NFL season.

anyone buying this?

Mahomes Burrow etc need to prove it?

With no Tyreek Hill, Mahomes is out to prove he is still better than Allen 

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I'm actually interested in the NFL+ Prime deal.

I actually like when they do the big packages with other providers.  Hulu + Espn+ + Disney+.  $22/mon vs probably $40-45 to purchase them individually.  JMO.

You find that if you look hard enough 

You can find everything for free that the + offers 

(cuz I’m cheap)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I could use a little help as well. Who would your start?

1) KC RB Clyde Edwards Hillaire or JAX RB James Robinson?

2) KC WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling or LV WR Hunter Renfrow?

I don’t like CEH as a whole this season, but Robinson may be risky first game back from the injury. That’s a tough one. 

PPR league? Then Renfrow all the way. MVS is probably pretty boom or bust. I don’t have a good read on how that WR room will shake out. 

FWIW I drafted both Renfrow and Robinson across my leagues and had no plan to take either CEH or MVS. The only Chief I ended up taking was Pacheco because I think he’ll take over that backfield at some point. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I'd love to have the Dolphins face us at 2-0 only to get stomped week 3. I have no faith the Patriots at all. They are a candidate for the top draft pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'd love to have the Dolphins face us at 2-0 only to get stomped week 3. I have no faith the Patriots at all. They are a candidate for the top draft pick.

Then we might actually have a problem with the Pats again. Bryce Young is 10x the QB Mac is

21 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually think the road team is going to win most of these games today.

I also am looking for a major regression from the bengals and the Steelers being a sneaky winner today. 

The Bengals improved that OL immensely but their corners are still soft. Be interesting to see how they come out of the gate.

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The Bengals improved that OL immensely but their corners are still soft. Be interesting to see how they come out of the gate.

Agreed. I am really looking forward to seeing this bengals team. Again, maybe it is sour grapes from last year, but I just have this gut feeling that they will regress even with the new oline. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.