NFL "Around the League" Gameday thread

TBBills

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the weekly PFF weird grading outcome where Mahomes somehow comes in as the 8th best QB of the week:

I watched almost the whole Chiefs/Cardinals game and that grade is absurd. He was almost perfect.

They did clearly get #1 right, not even close.

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It amazes me how the Bengals spent a lot of money revamping their offensive line and they’re still terrible.  

Is it possibly on Burrow?

Some of those are good OL. If the OL is changed/ improved, and the QB is still getting killed, then when do we look at the scheme or the QB?

Rob Johnson could have been behind the 1990s Cowbows line and still been sacked 3-5 times a game. Sometimes it is the QB.

Also, Pittsburgh's D Line when healthy can cause havoc against anyone. We have seen it first hand. Problem is staying healthy.

5 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Is it possibly on Burrow?

Some of those are good OL. If the OL is changed/ improved, and the QB is still getting killed, then when do we look at the scheme or the QB?

Rob Johnson could have been behind the 1990s Cowbows line and still been sacked 3-5 times a game. Sometimes it is the QB.

Also, Pittsburgh's D Line when healthy can cause havoc against anyone. We have seen it first hand. Problem is staying healthy.

They have four new starters on the offensive line of whom only one - Alex Cappa is a proper upgrade. And he is a "good" guard rather than a great one. La'el Collins is pretty much done as a player, that is why a Cowboys team as bad upfront as they showed last night was willing to move on. He has never been the same since hip surgery really limited his mobility. Ted Karras their center is a career backup. Miami tried to make him into a starter in 2020, it failed, he went back to the Pats as a backup last year and now the Benglas are trying the same trick. Their LG is Cordell Volson a rookie out of North Dakota State who I liked coming out. I thought I was higher than the consensus having a 5th on him and the Bengals took him in the 4th. He has potential but this is a huge step up in competition. Which leaves the one returning player - Jonah Williams at left tacke. He is an NFL right tackle masquerading as a left tackle and have said that since they drafted him out of Alabama. 

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I said the same thing earlier in the thread, they continually left one if not two receivers wide open because of the pressure they were trying to bring on Mahomes.

Was a really bad defensive game plan.

Mahomes is too mobile to blitz. 

It's too easy for him to move, and his arm is too strong. 

He flicked one yesterday 30-yards on a rope to Kelce. 

On 9/12/2022 at 12:28 PM, HappyDays said:

Here's the weekly PFF weird grading outcome where Mahomes somehow comes in as the 8th best QB of the week:

I watched almost the whole Chiefs/Cardinals game and that grade is absurd. He was almost perfect.

It is part of the reason people think PFFsucks.  Lamar was not good against the Jets.  Tannehill was alright against a weak Giants defense.  Mahomes was brilliant against a previous playoff team - not a top 5 team.

I love Josh, but even if you take away one pick - he still had another that was not great, Mahomes just completed everything with 5 TDs and no picks - sure seems like they should be closer.

🤦‍♂️

On 9/12/2022 at 12:51 PM, GunnerBill said:

They have four new starters on the offensive line of whom only one - Alex Cappa is a proper upgrade. And he is a "good" guard rather than a great one. La'el Collins is pretty much done as a player, that is why a Cowboys team as bad upfront as they showed last night was willing to move on. He has never been the same since hip surgery really limited his mobility. Ted Karras their center is a career backup. Miami tried to make him into a starter in 2020, it failed, he went back to the Pats as a backup last year and now the Benglas are trying the same trick. Their LG is Cordell Volson a rookie out of North Dakota State who I liked coming out. I thought I was higher than the consensus having a 5th on him and the Bengals took him in the 4th. He has potential but this is a huge step up in competition. Which leaves the one returning player - Jonah Williams at left tacke. He is an NFL right tackle masquerading as a left tackle and have said that since they drafted him out of Alabama. 

Add to that Burrow being out all preseason with appendicitis- not even able to practice and you have a recipe for what happened Sunday.

I think they will get better as Burrow gets more comfortable, but I don’t think that is the upgrade at OL that the media envisioned during the off-season.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.