Next Gen Stats show that We are very lucky to hav JA #17 in a Bills Uni

BuffaloBill

We can all say Thank goodness the Bills brain trust traded Up to draft him when they had the chance. The consensus of QB's being #1 or 2  or 3 in ratings was not at all consistent.

I am so glad they looked at #17's intangibles of height, intelligence, arm strength and drafted him. With hopes of he being the franchise QB we have been wanting for decades.

HE"S HERE!~!~!!!!! and its Not luck for me,  lucky means random chance occurring. its all skill....***swoosh*****

🙂 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah but if Tua made that pass people would say he underthrew it or somethin somethin that I read like that.

buddy.  There is a thread where this was an under thrown pass. 

Another to Gabe maybe and a low pass to McKitrick for the TD 

Just go deep is what Josh said to Diggs 

And it worked. 
the turf monster tripped Diggs and he fell making it look under thrown. 

Somehow I don’t think “Just go deep” is an actual play call. 

6 hours ago, Calidiehard said:

Tua can only make that throw in the pocket giving it everything he has. Josh did it on the run with a flick of the wrist.

In the interview with his dad and agent that was posted elsewhere, even Jalen Ramsey marveled:

"he's throwing on the run off his back foot and he just flicks his wrist and it goes 50 yards"

• Awesome! (+1) 2

8 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

https://www.nfl.com/videos/next-gen-stats-josh-allen-s-3-most-improbable-completions-week-1

The throw to Diggs on the move is something to simply marvel at.  

Over 55 yards in the air while running 2/3 speed and jumping at a weird angle off one foot...

Sometimes I think Allen needs to be checked to determine if he is actually human and not some cyborg that has been created to play football.

• Haha (+1) 4

5 hours ago, muppy said:

We can all say Thank goodness the Bills brain trust traded Up to draft him when they had the chance. The consensus of QB's being #1 or 2  or 3 in ratings was not at all consistent.

I am so glad they looked at #17's intangibles of height, intelligence, arm strength and drafted him. With hopes of he being the franchise QB we have been wanting for decades.

HE"S HERE!~!~!!!!! and its Not luck for me,  lucky means random chance occurring. its all skill....***swoosh*****

🙂 

Many years ago, I decided to stop fretting about who was drafted, where they went, and whether or not it made sense based on the need at the time.   I read reports, follow to an point but beyond that I just like to enjoy draft day. 

In that regard, I was very happy with the JA pick, and had no preference other than I thought Rosen really had the potential to be abrasive and perhaps lacked critical leadership skills (admittedly based on very limited information). 

So, I was happy they took him, spent no time worrying about draft order and what they gave up to get him, the knocks on him and settled in for the show. 

What a show!  The very cool part of the JA years for me has been the return of fun to the Buffalo Bills. He’s been such a special player to watch, he seems like a very good guy, and the dynamic of the team improved so much.  

I would have loved to see a SB win or two along the way, and the pain of a bad day still stings, but damn if this is not a great ride. Kudos to BB and McD for what they’ve done as well, of course, and all the players who  connect with each other and the fan base. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, muppy said:

McBeane's biggest psychological hurdle in drafting Josh was getting past the historical dogma (compelling as it was) that "accuracy can't be learned."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Like many here, and after 50 years of Bills fandom, old fans like me have seen more than our share of "swing and a miss" attempts to fill the QB position. 

My concern was his accuracy, and my ability to find convincing cases on college QBs with sub 60% completion averages that went on to solid consistent careers.

I was a fan the moment he was a Bill, but maintained concerns that faded with each and every great play.

Watching him play QB coupled with the organizational transition that has happened in parallel is an Amazing experience to be a part of. 

Josh Allen is the face of the NFL in the making. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

McBeane's biggest psychological hurdle in drafting Josh was getting past the historical dogma (compelling as it was) that "accuracy can't be learned."

I agree, I'm sure that came into conversation more than once...

They liked his traits, and believe those traits would feed his motivation to improve and be the best could be. be.

I assume they probably analyzed his throwing motion and saw very correctable traits. 

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

In every way, Josh is my favorite Bills QB ever.

And I say that as a big Kelly fan growing up. But even as a young teenager, I could see he could be a jerk at times (before he matured a lot). The way Josh's teammates love and appreciate him is a whole different thing. That that combines with his physical creaturehood, his dawg toughness, his smarts, his insane will to win and improve, his being funny as hell and even a good actor is something just... like... HOW DID THIS GUY HAPPEN?  You can't love it enough.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.