If you had to pick a upset this weekend, who and why?

Toyo321

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

I am taking the Jets over the Ravens and boy is this a longshot pick,  Just so sick of hearing all this Lamar contract garbage all this week. Joe Flacco gets a little revenge too, would be bitter sweet.

Lamar, seriously your mom is acting as your agent.  C'mon man.........

Personally the guy is to one dimensional.  Much better QB talent out there than him. 

image.thumb.png.0498af7468ffad9e00d0ab88aec3ad4a.png

i don’t think this is a good week to do it.  Ithink many teams will have rust in their performance.  They just don’t have the real game reps as a unit if they have personnel changes.

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

I am taking the Jets over the Ravens and boy is this a longshot pick,  Just so sick of hearing all this Lamar contract garbage all this week. Joe Flacco gets a little revenge too, would be bitter sweet.

Personally the guy is to one dimensional.  Much better QB talent out there than him. 

I like your pick.  I’ll go with Steelers over Bengals.  Steelers D harasses Burrow, and Steelers offense is better than people give it credit for.  

I could also see Vegas over LA.  Divisional game, Carr and Adams connect and LA comes out flat. 

1 hour ago, 716er said:

Jags over Commanders

this also.  Lots of good games today!.  

Edited by RyanC883

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Detroit over Philadelphia. Detroit looks like an up and coming team with GRIT! Philadelphia QB is Trash 🗑. 

I don't disagree. I think Philly is getting too much praise, personally. I don't think they are that good.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

I am gonna go with Vikings over Packers. Vikings skill positions are head & shoulders above anyone the Pack have. Now can Cousins get it to them? I think Rodgers will miss Adams. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ny33 said:

I took the Jags in my survivor pool. Didn’t want to waste the Broncos or Ravens

I've found that planning ahead is how people lose survivor pools.

Your job is to survive THIS week. Most of these pools don't last long past the midpoint of the season. There are enough matchups to exploit each week. No reason to go out on a limb right out of the gate. (Of course the payoff is nice, being able to select those teams later, BUT when will Denver or Baltimore have a better matchup than week one?)

Week 1 is usually a bit unpredictable.

My upset picks are the Browns over the Panthers, the Vikings over the Packers (I believe that line flipped), and the Raiders over the Chargers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys beat the Bucs or if the Steelers beat the Bengals but I'm not expecting that to happen.

Here are the lines:

Steelers

Bengals  -6.5

Patriots

Dolphins  -3.5

Saints  -4.5

Falcons

Eagles  -5.5

Lions

49ers  -6.5

Bears

Colts  -7.5

Texans

Browns

Panthers  -0.5

Ravens  -6.5

Jets

Jaguars

Commanders  -2.5

Packers

Vikings  -0.5

Chiefs  -6.5

Cardinals

Giants

Titans  -5.5

Raiders

Chargers  -3.5

Buccaneers  -2.5

Cowboys

Broncos  -6.5

Seahawks

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

At Arizona 6.5 underdogs is the upset I potentially see happening.  

Giants 5.5 underdogs on the road at Ten as well. 

Lions home 5.5 underdogs to Philly... 

Those would be my top 3 with the Bears upsetting the 49ers next if Trey Lance doesn't fulfill the hype. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, T&C said:

Jets over Ravens.

I don't see that but stranger things have happened.

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

At Arizona 6.5 underdogs is the upset I potentially see happening.  

Giants 5.5 underdogs on the road at Ten as well. 

Lions home 5.5 underdogs to Philly... 

Those would be my top 3 with the Bears upsetting the 49ers next if Trey Lance doesn't fulfill the hype. 

So you're picking vs the spread, not straight up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.