Anyone ever get Covid twice?

Draconator

My wife and I had it in October 2021. We have it for a 2nd time currently. 

It's a virus, and everyone is going to get it at some point. Might this be a yearly thing where, like the flu, you're chances of getting it are high and we have to accept it as part of modern day society? 

Absolutely!

We drove 9 hours to Florida with a young lady/family friend on 12/19/19. She had just returned from working in NYC. She coughed the entire way, and by Christmas Day my wife put me in the back seat, and she drove the 8 hours home (no wrecks). No test then, but I coughed into February. I was never worried for a second. But I got my shots ASAP. 

We went to California in June, and I got it again. This time tested, but whatever. I would not have missed a day of work for what I had. But I avoided people for a while. I also would not have skipped the trip for the results. 

I actually think I’ve had mild cases randomly. I follow the rules. 

Edited by Augie

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

Absolutely!

We drove 9 hours to Florida with a young lady/family friend on 12/19/19. She had just returned from working in NYC. She coughed the entire way, and by Christmas Day my wife put me in the back seat, and she drove the 8 hours home (no wrecks). No test then, but I coughed into February. I was never worried for a second. But I got my shots ASAP. 

We went to California in June, and I got it again. This time tested, but whatever. I would not have missed a day of work for what I had. But I avoided people for a while. I also would not have skipped the trip for the results. 

I actually think I’ve had mild cases randomly. I follow the rules. 

Maybe that's your issue.  I don't   LOL 

19 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

I got my 2nd booster in April. The latest to come out is the 3rd which deals with the latest Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 variants. I’ll be getting it before the Thanksgiving family gathering.

Have you ever considered that all of this is just a bunch of bull####? Shots here, shots there... here a shot there a shot. I know covid was/is around but its not "the world is ending" certain people want to feed us.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

Have you ever considered that all of this is just a bunch of bull####? Shots here, shots there... here a shot there a shot. I know covid was/is around but its not "the world is ending" certain people want to feed us.

Sorry, I thought you had a legitimate question and not a political statement. Take your anti-science comments to PPP. I don’t want to get suspended for replying.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Sorry, I thought you had a legitimate question and not a political statement. Take your anti-science comments to PPP. I don’t want to get suspended for replying.

Real science isn't remotely political... not what I was saying. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, T&C said:

As has recently been reported, this will most likely become like the annual flu vaccination but it appears that it will not be a mandatory vaccine. Some years they correctly identify the flu strains that appear and some years not so much. It appears that developing an annual Covid vaccine will be more effective than flu vaccines as they are targeting one particular coronavirus rather than predicting which flu viruses to target. Data has shown that Covid has a much larger impact on hospitalization and death than the typical flu virus. You can certainly take your chances and not get the annual covid shot. 
You may have seen the re-emergence of Polio in NY. People that avoid those vaccinations may encounter very serious consequences if they are exposed. The avoidance of vaccines may resurrect diseases that were thought to be eliminated.

You can select whatever vaccine you want to receive. Unfortunately, that decision is not just isolated to you as one can be a carrier and expose it to others who it may severely impact.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas 2019 I caught something, like a flu bug.  Tired, achy, bouts of coughing.  Went to the doctor and they ran some tests, could only tell me it was something viral, but not the flu or pneumonia, and just let it run its course.  Took me about 2-3 weeks to get over whatever it was.  Now when I look back at that appointment my online records say "Covid positive". 

Fast forward to this past spring, I think it was late May, my wife had gotten back from Florida at a medical conference and tested positive.  Even though we tried to be safe, I caught it about 4 days later.  Two home tests came up negative, but a Walgreens rapid came up positive.  And recently my brother, his wife, and two kids returned from a Florida vacation and came down with it.  A friend of my wife had a friend also recently in Florida that came down with it.  So stay away from Florida people if you don't want the Covid. 

I was bad off the first time. Zero energy for about a month. Fever, chills, shaking. Thing is, my wife was in the hospital at the time, and oddly enough, I caught it from the hospital's emergency room. 

This time, just feel a little run down and a slight sore throat. Nothing major at all.  I caught it from a tailor shop as I bought a suit, and the guy who fitted me said he was tired but we just thought it was from the damp, dreary day it was. Nope. 

My wife is down and out with it both times. She got the antibody infusion the first time. This time she got the prescription pill form of the antibodies. And yes. Both times I gave her the vid. 

Forgot to mention: Both of us vaxxed and boosted. Me twice, her once. We were going for this latest booster just approved, then bam. 

Edited by Draconator

31 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I have had it twice I am vaxed and boosted and still got it but I understand that you can still get it even if your Vaxxed my problem is now I’m dealing with long Covid issues

I had a lot of health problems before I even got sick so maybe I would be dead so there’s that

Hope you get over the issues and post here long time!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was just having this conversation last night. Knock on wood .. not only have I not had Covid, I haven’t had so much as the sniffles since pre-Covid. 

I have friends and loved ones who’ve had their asses kicked by Covid, So I do consider myself lucky and fortunate. 

I am vaxxed with one booster and will very likely get a 2nd booster prior to winter. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.