From the Department of Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Takes

Beck Water

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Could also just be this.

These shows love to do this back and forth format even when it's stupid.

Exactly .. they pick a position out of a hat before each segment and one is stuck with the outrageous take .. except Skip Bayless who just always grans the crazy take for himself. ESPN is unwatchable 

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Has to be listened to, to be believed.  Truly 🤮 take by ESPN

WTF?  This guy is employed by ESPN?  Man they do nothing but continue to go downhill.  Back in the Kelly years all I would watch is ESPN and then HBO for Inside the NFL.  WTF this ***** isnt even clickbait.  Its just outright idiocy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Could also just be this.

These shows love to do this back and forth format even when it's stupid.

This makes the most sense about what happened. Marcus generally is pretty on-target. 

There does seem to be the constant need for an argument, in all media and on all subjects.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Here's the whole clip @Beck Water

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YT93lN0w07o

Just fyi

Thanks for this.   It reminded me of something I've been wondering about for a long time.   Why do all these YouTube clips of sports talk shows now insert some dude who looks like he's either "lip-syncing" or "interpreting" the conversation for YouTube viewers?   I'm sure there must be a logical explanation, as it turns up on almost every clip taken from a TV broadcast these days ... is it to get around some sort of copyright issues somehow? 

YouTube-interpreter-reduced.jpg

7 minutes ago, Merle said:

Thanks for this.   It reminded me of something I've been wondering about for a long time.   Why do all these YouTube clips of sports talk shows now insert some dude who looks like he's either "lip-syncing" or "interpreting" the conversation for YouTube viewers?   I'm sure there must be a logical explanation, as it turns up on almost every clip taken from a TV broadcast these days ... is it to get around some sort of copyright issues somehow? 

They're not from the actual show/official channels they're stolen clips so they're doing things to try and avoid YouTubes copyright tools.

9 minutes ago, Merle said:

Yeah it's to get around copyright👍

28 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

He praises Josh and predicts his play Thursday can bring a Championship.

His opening comment was more a stupid joke.

Thanks for posting this.

I think that must be one of those jokes where you ask your drunken bud who just made a comment about "chinks" in front of your Asian girlfriend: "help me understand....if that's a joke, please explain....why is it funny?"

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I think that must be one of those jokes where you ask your drunken bud who just made a comment about "chinks" in front of your Asian girlfriend: "help me understand....if that's a joke, please explain....why is it funny?"

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think you're trying too hard.  

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Here's the whole clip @Beck Water

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YT93lN0w07o

Just fyi

Thanks.  Still weird.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

OK, we'll put it there.  You think having our franchise QB compared to a baby who just learned to potty is funny.

I think it's not funny and in poor taste.  There's a demographic that's into poop and fart jokes, but most grow out of it by age 15 or so.

We can disagree, but I'm not exactly trying hard here.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not going to get into this with you.  Just when I listened to his whole comment, he wasn't bashing JA.

Plus "potty" has nothing to do with a racial slur.  I have an Asian girlfriend so easy with your language.

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Exactly .. they pick a position out of a hat before each segment and one is stuck with the outrageous take .. except Skip Bayless who just always grans the crazy take for himself. ESPN is unwatchable 

That Skip Bayless prick opened his show Monday morning with a Tom Brady and Micah Parsons jersey on his desk and the first thing they talked about, before even me thinking the Bills victory, was how tough it was going to be for him to pick between Dallas and Tompa Sunday night. 

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

I'm not going to get into this with you.  Just when I listened to his whole comment, he wasn't bashing JA.

Plus "potty" has nothing to do with a racial slur.  I have an Asian girlfriend so easy with your language.

Easy mate.  It's called an "analogy". 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Thanks.  Still weird.

OK, we'll put it there.  You think having our franchise QB compared to a baby who just learned to potty is funny.

I think it's not funny and in poor taste.  There's a demographic that's into poop and fart jokes, but most grow out of it by age 15 or so.

We can disagree, but I'm not exactly trying hard here.

Im just saying if you're watching ESPN for their rigorous journalistic integrity then I have some bad news for you.

47 minutes ago, billsfan3482 said:

I watched alot of his takes on friday, and he was VERY complimentary of Allen and the whole bills team..  This same guy was on like 3-4 different interviews and

all were very positive. Literally, no matter what show I watched everyone complimented the bills and allen.

This 4 sec clip, is just enough to get all of you worked up and talkin *****...

Theres more to this clip and i'm not gonna bother watching it. Cuz this guy gave the bills alot of love for how they played.

This kind of nonsense should be removed. Stirring up unnecessary bull####. 

Lighten up. It's hilarious.

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

got to be out of context

That guy has been very complimentary of Allen for a while now

You're a fool if you defend this moron. 

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think you're trying too hard.  If he followed up by talking about an INT thrown to Emmanual Sanders, Probably Not

That's 808's shtick. He takes the devils advocate on everything from Edmunds to Ariza and now to Allen. 

It's OK to admit that these people are fools. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.