Tua and his sensitive fan base (JA17 Related)

billsbackto81

27 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

At least they don’t cry racism every chance they get like Lamar’s fan base

Because nobody here is worried about Josh's running getting him hurt. 🤔

18 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

This what happens when people put too much stock into college football IMO. 

College games are bought and paid for.

Big names pay lower teams to get beat up on.
it’s sweet when the underdog kicks the crap out of the big name team.  

ask yourself 

Why is the average NFL players career  roughly 3 years?

You end up with the Tua’s and Mac Jones’ portrayed as being legit 

Sam Darnold? Basically done as a starter 

Faker Mayfield may not be far behind 

and then the fans get all moody someone disagrees with them. 

I don't know about that, but for me as a rule with Alabama QBs with the amount of talent and coaching around them they better be lighting the college football world on fire if you want them to do the same in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m done with this.  I’m done with them.  At least Pats fans bad mouth the Bills out of obvious envy.  You can hear it whenever they speak.  The pain is literally unhideable.

These Dolphins fans try to puff up their chest and walk right next to the Bills thinking they deserve to be in the same glow.

I absolutely can’t believe I am saying this, but here it is…

…go patriots.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bills fans used to get super sensitive too. It is what fans trying to sell themselves that their guys are better than they are do. That used to be us. Miami are very much in that spot. 

Ya but once allen was playing well people were still clinging to the narrative it was a little different. It took literally two full seasons of mvp level play to win over the critics.

Most young quarterbacks don't get that much scrutiny.

But Tua has not had a game even close to that level yet.

Edited by Sharky7337

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I’m done with this.  I’m done with them.  At least Pats fans bad mouth the Bills out of obvious envy.  You can hear it whenever they speak.  The pain is literally unhideable.

go patriots.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

j/k 🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bills fans used to get super sensitive too. It is what fans trying to sell themselves that their guys are better than they are do. That used to be us. Miami are very much in that spot. 

Try to criticize Mac Jones over on Pats* forums. They will run you out of town saying he is the next goat and how smart he is then throw in he will do better with a simplified offense now that McDaniel is gone. The Pats** fanbase is one I truly relish seeing get caught up in QB purgatory!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

54 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree but with the caveat that with regards to Allen there really never has been a comp for him and that includes his first two years in the league.

After his first and second seasons many mocked him as a running back playing QB. Thing is, that’s not even really a put down. For a dude with his size that has a cannon and a gunslinger mentality to be so good with his feet that other fan bases mocked him as a “running back” was always actually a compliment IMO. 

Even now Miami fans like to point to Tua having better passing numbers than Allen in each players first two seasons. But Tua’s passing numbers are only marginally better and when you throw in each players contributions on the ground Allen laps Tua.

That said it will be interesting to see what Tua can do this year. He may put up very good numbers and prove he can be a franchise guy. I’m still worried about his ability to be available consistently though.

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I agree but with the caveat that with regards to Allen there really never has been a comp for him and that includes his first two years in the league.

After his first and second seasons many mocked him as a running back playing QB. Thing is, that’s not even really a put down. For a dude with his size that has a cannon and a gunslinger mentality to be so good with his feet that other fan bases mocked him as a “running back” was always actually a compliment IMO. 

Even now Miami fans like to point to Tua having better passing numbers than Allen in each players first two seasons. But Tua’s passing numbers are only marginally better and when you throw in each players contributions on the ground Allen laps Tua.

That said it will be interesting to see what Tua can do this year. He may put up very good numbers and prove he can be a franchise guy. I’m still worried about his ability to be available consistently though.

For the third time, my comment was not about Josh. 

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

LOL- Like Tua would have the arm strength to throw an a 55 yard piss missile on the run.

The difference? Tua doesn't attempt that pass-(The TD to diggs)  If he does, It is 15 yards under thrown as he simply does not have half the arm strength JA17 has

Well, he could get it there, but he would have to float it super high, which would allow the defender to get back into the play.

Weak armed QB's can throw it deep. It isn't about how far you are trying to throw it. All these QB's at the NFL level can throw the ball 50+ yards. It is about the velocity that you can get the ball down the field with.

Mac Jones INT to Hyde in the playoffs is a great example. Decently deep ball thrown with good accuracy, but it had to be floated high in the air, which let Hyde get to it. Josh Allen can get the ball there much faster, which makes it much more difficult for defenders.

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Presented for you reading entertainment. 😂 Crying over the supposed double standard. I found it comical to say the least.

https://phinphanatic.com/2022/09/09/josh-allen-underthrows-pass-tua-tagovailoa-gets-criticized/

For me this is a big who cares?  Tuna will have to prove on the field that he can do what JA does.  Until then, what does all the chatter matter?

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, he could get it there, but he would have to float it super high, which would allow the defender to get back into the play.

Weak armed QB's can throw it deep. It isn't about how far you are trying to throw it. All these QB's at the NFL level can throw the ball 50+ yards. It is about the velocity that you can get the ball down the field with.

Mac Jones INT to Hyde in the playoffs is a great example. Decently deep ball thrown with good accuracy, but it had to be floated high in the air, which let Hyde get to it. Josh Allen can get the ball there much faster, which makes it much more difficult for defenders.

Very fair points

47 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

These Dolphins fans try to puff up their chest and walk right next to the Bills thinking they deserve to be in the same glow.

I absolutely can’t believe I am saying this, but here it is…

…go patriots.

BLASPHEMY! 😂

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Ya know, some how, I am not worried in the slightest about Tua’s availability😂,

Frankly, it is a forgone conclusion that Tua will be injured this season, after all, AJ Epenesa is coming for him…, 😁👍

Good topic, but I don't think it's fair to laugh at Dolphins fanbase. All fanbases are the same or at least similar in this respect, including ours. There were tons of comments like "If Josh threw this INT like X then national media would eat him alive" over the last few years.

I was reading opener thread on Chiefsplanet. When McKenzie caused that INT and Tirico said that it shouldn't be an INT but NHF (Not His Fault), Chiefs fans started screaming how unfair it was because last year Mahomes had several such "interceptions" and nobody had said that it was not his fault. So they are now crying that there is double standard when judging Allen and Mahomes lol.

Let's just make sure we don't act that way. People are way too sensitive about their players overall.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Presented for you reading entertainment. 😂 Crying over the supposed double standard. I found it comical to say the least.

This is ridiculous…  Schwartz could have substituted Tua for Mac Jones and made the same exact point.  It’s more about the style of QB who’s accurate throwing short but is hesitant or struggles to push the ball downfield for big plays.  

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Honest question: do you think Miami fans are even aware that they took Tua over Herbert while Herbert is shaping to be a far better QB?

They just don't seem aware that yes, Burrow was drafted #1 and has already been to a Superbowl but you know, there's a QB who was on the board who you could have drafted, and he's looked aMAZing the last two years....

Maybe I'm wrong.

Oh they are aware and know it was a misstep.  They’ll try to rationale the decision for drafting Tua by comparing the records of both teams which don’t really tell you much.

Edited by JohnNord

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

https://phinphanatic.com/2022/09/09/josh-allen-underthrows-pass-tua-tagovailoa-gets-criticized/

not sure what point the writer is trying to make…but, when you suck, you’re going to get criticized.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.