Tua and his sensitive fan base (JA17 Related)

billsbackto81

40 minutes ago, Luka said:

3rd down and the red zone is really where you figure out what what kind of player you have at the QB position. The scheme can be successful, certainly. I just don't see Tua making the kind of elite throws you see Mahomes, Allen, Herbert or Burrow making. That leaves a team like the Phins on the outside looking in. 

Totally agree and well said. That’s what’s tough about scouting qbs now. The league is so pass happy and the rules favor the offense so much, that a lot of average qbs can put up good numbers. 

watch Tua put up like 30+ tds and I would pay money for them to play the bills in a playoff game in January.

50 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Comparing Josh's TD pass to Diggs and Tua's last pass yesterday when he got out of pocket and tried to make a throw without setting his feet in the link below, not sure what Dolphins fans/media try to complain about.

https://youtu.be/g3A-q7UKWOA?t=398

I saw that and thought the same thing. It felt like McNerd was trying to give him one more confidence building throw and he skipped it 

On 9/11/2022 at 11:52 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

👻 Tua is 3 - 0 against NE

WITHOUT BRADY.

Belicheat has a losing record in Miami even with Brady.

plus Fitzpatrick played and lost the NE  game in Tua’s first season there 

Winning records mean everything 

Just ask Tebow fans and Garoppolo fans and even Mitch Trubisky has a winning record 

Winning is a great deodorant in sports. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, syhuang said:

Comparing Josh's TD pass to Diggs and Tua's last pass yesterday when he got out of pocket and tried to make a throw without setting his feet in the link below, not sure what Dolphins fans/media try to complain about.

https://youtu.be/g3A-q7UKWOA?t=398

TF with that music?  Is that an actual Dolphins fan putting together highlights?  It sounded like My Little Pony meets Teletubbies or something.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bills fans were just as sensitive about Allen his first couple years. Difference is Allen has legit superstar skills. I think Miami makes the playoffs and Tua has a decent stat year. But there is nothing special about the guy. He is Jimmy G.

You and I got into it about Josh back in the day, but the big difference between Josh and Tua is that even during a “bad” rookie season Josh made at least a couple of “wow” plays every game.  Those who weren’t (yet) willing to jump on the bandwagon focused on the negative, while those of us who fell in love with the guy during training camp and preseason dreamed of what we hoped he would become.

I don’t know what Tua fans latch onto these days.  What elite trait does he possess?  I asked my Bama friend that question and he got upset.  He fell back upon the “most accurate QB I’ve ever seen” stuff and when I said “but what about throws longer than 10 yards?” he didn’t speak to me for a week.  😂

31 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Well I did instantly try to rationalize how Allen underthrew both Diggs and Davis on those long completions. Diggs literally fell over waiting on the ball. 

Then you saw that he didn't have both feet planted firmly on the ground on the Diggs throw and had to throw a touch pass to Davis?  Good.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Well I did instantly try to rationalize how Allen underthrew both Diggs and Davis on those long completions. Diggs literally fell over waiting on the ball. 

Kurt Warner said Ramsey played the short route because he didn't believe Allen could make the throw over the top of him running that way because almost no other QB can.  Complaining about that being underthrown is simply ridiculous since he threw the ball 55 yards in the air running 2/3 speed jumping in the air off one foot with a flick of the wrist...he didn't even put much arm into it. The degree of difficulty on that was like a 9.99 out of 10. Mahomes and Herbert are probably the only other two QBs that would even attempt throwing that pass the same way he did.

And personally, I'd much rather have him throw the ball a little short than throw it just out of a receiver's reach and have it fall incomplete.  The first goal on a wide open throw is to complete it...everything else is secondary.  If you remember, Allen used to have great difficulty completing deep throws. He would throw them a mile over his receiver's head.

Edited by Big Turk

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Kurt Warner said Ramsey played the short route because he didn't believe Allen could make the throw over the top of him running that way because almost no other QB can.  Complaining about that being underthrown is simply ridiculous since he threw the ball 55 yards in the air running 2/3 speed jumping in the air off one foot with a flick of the wrist...he didn't even put much arm into it. The degree of difficulty on that was like a 9.99 out of 10. Mahomes and Herbert are probably the only other two QBs that would even attempt throwing that pass the same way he did.

And personally, I'd much rather have him throw the ball a little short than throw it just out of a receiver's reach and have it fall incomplete.  The first goal on a wide open throw is to complete it...everything else is secondary.  If you remember, Allen used to have great difficulty completing deep throws. He would throw them a mile over his receiver's head.

Naw, hitting the WR in perfectly in-stride on that play would have been easy for most QBs. :rolleyes:

On 9/10/2022 at 4:14 PM, billsbackto81 said:

I mean it's not like JA got raked over the coals his first 2 seasons, right?

As well as before he even arrived and I couldn't understand it. 

I have been wrong about certain draft selections but I could NEVER understand why so many fans were unhappy about selecting Josh. I mean, what did they want? Another defensive back?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

As well as before he even arrived and I couldn't understand it. 

I have been wrong about certain draft selections but I could NEVER understand why so many fans were unhappy about selecting Josh. I mean, what did they want? Another defensive back?

No, a different QB (Josh Rosen).  I am happy I was wrong and they were right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.