Tua and his sensitive fan base (JA17 Related)

billsbackto81

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I honestly don't think he played as bad as a lot of people are saying.

I would say he played "ok to descent".

No "wow" throws though, that's for sure.

If Tua did anything, he showed how bad the Pats really are. I don't see that kind of performance as a challenge to the Ravens on the road. Teams already know he's gonna take the short stuff all the time and hope for the best on YAC. Anything with long developing routes will get him killed

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

If Tua did anything, he showed how bad the Pats really are. I don't see that kind of performance as a challenge to the Ravens on the road. Teams already know he's gonna take the short stuff all the time and hope for the best on YAC. Anything with long developing routes will get him killed

I think that's a fair assessment.

In saying that, He may get bailed out sometimes by mcdaniels QB friendly system and the YAC from hill /waddle/Edmunds 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I think that's a fair assessment.

In saying that, He may get bailed out sometimes by mcdaniels QB friendly system and the YAC from hill /waddle/Edmunds 

Yeah that's what they're banking on but once teams get enough tape on what they do, being that one dimensional will kill that offense in a hurry no matter what Hill or Waddle do

Edited by buffalo2218

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

Yeah that's what they're banking on but once teams get enough tape on what they do, being that one dimensional will kill that offense in a hurry

Yep I agree.

I think "best case scenario " for them, is he turns into Jimmy G and they have a similar offence from the 49ers last year. (Replicating McDaniels offence)

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Yep I agree.

I think "best case scenario " for them, is he turns into Jimmy G and they have a similar offence from the 49ers last year. (Replicating McDaniels offence)

What I'm finding incredibly funny is people are saying Armstead was such a good signing. If he's playing LT and Tua is left handed, who's protecting Tua's blind side?

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn’t watch the game, box score looks decent for Tua.  How did he actually play?

I saw almost every throw and I didn't see him look beyond his 1st read a single time. Even some of those open 1st read throws he flat out missed. When his 1st read was covered he panicked and either threw a near-interception or took a bad sack and almost coughed up a fumble on one occasion. All of that against a severely undermanned Pats defense. It was flat out a bad game. The stat line is all scheme and skill players making plays. He is a below average game manager and it's all he'll ever be.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

When his 1st read was covered he panicked and either threw a near-interception or took a bad sack and almost coughed up a fumble on one occasion. All of that against a severely undermanned Pats defense.

I won't dispute any of that, but the defensive coach on the opposing sideline has some history of doing that to even good QBs.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Simon said:

I won't dispute any of that, but the defensive coach on the opposing sideline has some history of doing that to even good QBs.

True, but the QB in question also has a history of that. And it's his 3rd year. There's a point where you have to accept that the player is who he is.

That Pats vs Fins game today was like watching the 6-3 Bills v Browns game of what 15 years ago?  Horrendous QB play on both sides.   Tua is pure hot trash though.  Always has been.  He's accurate when his first read is open and only needs to throw the ball 10 yards.  Anything other than those circumstances and he still looks completely lost in year 3.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, H2o said:

I still believe that Tua's hip injury has affected his ability to drive the ball down the field. If you look at his first couple of seasons at Alabama, his arm looked stronger to me. He has the hip injury, gets to the NFL, and now the total affect of that injury is evident. I don't think he'll ever be the same at this point. Can he be serviceable in a West Coast style of offense? Probably, but he's never going to be a top 15 QB imo. And anyone trying to compare Allen or the throws he makes to Tua and the throws he makes, it's like trying to compare a 2022 Rolls-Royce Phantom to a 1994 Buick Regal. 

Yup, that hip/ pelvis, brake/injury in effect, ended his career for the most part, he is unable to use his legs, hips and torso in a fluid throwing motion, he appears to “lurch” ( for lack of a better word)  his upper body forwards when he throws the ball in attempt to create power/velocity, the kid is in denial and so are his coaches and fans. If nothing else he made himself a multi millionaire out of all of this pretending to be a NFL QB over the last two plus years, so in that case more power to him.

5 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I honestly don't think he played as bad as a lot of people are saying.

I would say he played "ok to descent".

No "wow" throws though, that's for sure.

I completely disagree. 
Here's a “wow” from yesterday!

btw, “descent”?? 🤦‍♂️ Yes, Very descent.

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Watched a couple third downs from that game. One Tua threw for 5 yards on 3rd and 11, the other he air balled it to no one. There was another longer passing play where he skipped the ball about 6 yards short of the receiver. His receivers make some great plays after the catch.

3 minutes ago, Luka said:

Watched a couple third downs from that game. One Tua threw for 5 yards on 3rd and 11, the other he air balled it to no one. There was another longer passing play where he skipped the ball about 6 yards short of the receiver. His receivers make some great plays after the catch.

That’s the whole scheme. It’s what the 49ers did with Jimmy G and Deebo. Tua can be successful and win games doing that. But deep down, he is not a special qb.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s the whole scheme. It’s what the 49ers did with Jimmy G and Deebo. Tua can be successful and win games doing that. But deep down, he is not a special qb.

3rd down and the red zone is really where you figure out what what kind of player you have at the QB position. The scheme can be successful, certainly. I just don't see Tua making the kind of elite throws you see Mahomes, Allen, Herbert or Burrow making. That leaves a team like the Phins on the outside looking in. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bills fans were just as sensitive about Allen his first couple years. Difference is Allen has legit superstar skills. I think Miami makes the playoffs and Tua has a decent stat year. But there is nothing special about the guy. He is Jimmy G.

Honestly, Bills fans are just as sensitive about Allen now. Difference is, Allen is a legit superstar. I don't think Miami makes the playoffs and Tua has a mediocre stat year. There is nothing special about him. He is not quite Jimmy G. 😉

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.