Tua and his sensitive fan base (JA17 Related)

billsbackto81

Back to the OP

You seriously can’t make this stuff up. It is almost comical. On Thursday night, the Bills’ star quarterback, Josh Allen, threw two deep passes.
Both came up a bit short.

One could have been a touchdown if it stayed in the air another yard, the other, a pass to Stephon Diggs, was short enough that Diggs had to go to the ground to catch it and rolled into the endzone for the TD.

Josh said to Diggs 

Just run deep.
A true audible, an uncalled play. 

Josh is on the run and passes deep. 
Diggs makes an adjustment and trips himself and makes a great catch 

What other pass was he talking about? 

This is why I so interested in the Miami — New England game this weekend.  Miami has a rebuilt line and two speedsters.  I believe Tua can make the throws from a clean pocket.  I think his two receivers will adds points to his accuracy.  Can his line give him the time? 

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

TuAnon is on one today:

Clueless 

Josh did an audible to Diggs. 

"Josh told me to just run and get open."

Seems easy to us. 😉

this was planned and not an oh shite what do I do now. 

The turf monster got 2 or 3 players 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Back to the OP

Josh said to Diggs 

Just run deep.

I would guess the deep pass to Gabe.  I did think it was a bit short but it was in an area where Gabe has the separation and time to adjust to the ball so really it doesn't matter other than if he threw it better, it might have been a deep TD instead of just a deep pass.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

God, I hate the Fish

OK, they asked for it.  Am rooting for the 🤮 Patriettes*** tomorrow.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Back to the OP

Josh said to Diggs 

Just run deep.

That actually made me lol. They have to build a dink & dunk offense around Tua Dongawhackola and in order for our QB to make the horsey go, he tells his receiver to run. Run fast.

All of their career comps and they will never understand the Donger is not equipped to do that. 

54 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I would guess the deep pass to Gabe.  I did think it was a bit short but it was in an area where Gabe has the separation and time to adjust to the ball so really it doesn't matter other than if he threw it better, it might have been a deep TD instead of just a deep pass.

Josh missed his landmark on that play by 3 feet, almost 123 feet down the field. Oh and when he missed by just three feet, he did it on the correct side so only Gabe could adjust to make the catch.

• Agree 3

I think Dolphins fans, not incorrectly, sense the media ball-washing all of a sudden and hate it since it is a division rival. 

They are used to a baseline where the Bills and Allen don't get full respect, and think that things are out of whack. 

In truth, we are seeing a necessary correction. The accolades we are seeing now are a long time coming, even if it seems almost scripted. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

This is what happens when people put too much stock into college football IMO. 

College games are bought and paid for.

Big names pay lower teams to get beat up on.
it’s sweet when the underdog kicks the crap out of the big name team.  

ask yourself 

Why is the average NFL players career  roughly 3 years?

You end up with the Tua’s and Mac Jones’ portrayed as being legit 

Sam Darnold? Basically done as a starter 

Faker Mayfield may not be far behind 

and then the fans get all moody someone disagrees with them. 

you’d hope good scouts would be able to pick up on it.  Perhaps not most scouts are good?.  Bean on the other hand seems to have an ability, esp in later rounds, to find the overlooked guys.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

I think I read somewhere from somebody who tracks such things that Allen's TD throw to Diggs was the fastest ever recorded running quarterback where the completion went xx yards downfield. It was almost all arm that chucked it 50 yds because he never really set.

Some other analyst who diagrammed the the play said  most quarterbacks would have been happy just trying for the underneath receiver. To say the throw to Diggs was underthrown shows a complete ignorance of the game by the author of the article.  Somebody should take away his keyboard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It wasn't supposed to be like this.  Brady leaving was supposed to be the end of one team dominating the division.  There was supposed to be parity in the AFC East, with each team having a shot.

But just as that window opened, here comes Allen and the Bills, and again the media is just talking about one team.  For the Jets and Phins, and their fans, they feel baited.  The end of one powerhouse owning the division seems immediately followed by the start of another.

Take a second and remember how we felt when Brady left.  Now imagine how you'd feel if the Bills improved but all of a sudden the Dolphins owned the division the last two years and all you heard was Tua, Tua, Tua.  You'd be salty too.

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, wppete said:

Tua is was a decent college QB but not a starting QB in the NFL. Glad he is on the Dolphins. 

I don't think the book is closed on Tua yet.  He's just entering his third season and this will be his first under an offensive guru type of head coach and with a full complement of weapons.  I'm not afraid of him ever unseating Josh as the best QB in the division, but he can certainly turn out to be a quality starter capable of taking his team to the playoffs.

I’m over anyone, being compared to anything, that Allen does. He is 1-of-1. He’s a unicorn. Everyone (that doesn’t know what they were watching) says, “but Allen wasn’t good his first two years.” Your guy isn’t going to get there. Your guy isn’t physically talented enough to take that leap. That’s why Tua gets dragged in these conversations. These are the people shouting down the “but Tua was better than Allen his first 2 years guy.” The “Tua was better first 2 years guy” has been trying to make the case that he may make a similar jump. Those shouting him down are pointing to certain plays as evidence as to why he won’t ever come close to that level. He can’t make the throw that Josh made from a clean pocket. Allen did it at 13.6 MPH. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

OK, they asked for it.  Am rooting for the 🤮 Patriettes*** tomorrow.

That actually made me lol. They have to build a dink & dunk offense around Tua Dongawhackola and in order for our QB to make the horsey go, he tells his receiver to run. Run fast.

All of their career comps and they will never understand the Donger is not equipped to do that. 

Oh.  Are you sure?  I thought his name was pronounced  Tru-a Dungo'highflow-a

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.