Tua and his sensitive fan base (JA17 Related)

billsbackto81

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Bills fans used to get super sensitive too. It is what fans trying to sell themselves that their guys are better than they are do. That used to be us. Miami are very much in that spot. 

Very true GB, but Allen though raw at the start and had his share of boneheaded plays still displayed amazing athleticism, arm talent and overall intelligence. What has Tua shown outside of decent accuracy? They have no choice but to prop up their QB because they'll never get over the fact they took Tua over Herbert.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Presented for you reading entertainment. 😂 Crying over the supposed double standard. I found it comical to say the least.

https://phinphanatic.com/2022/09/09/josh-allen-underthrows-pass-tua-tagovailoa-gets-criticized/

If I recall, Tua was a national treasure, a “can’t miss NFL prospect” when he was at Alabama. Then he hurt his hip and then Miami drafted him. Then the narrative changed.

If he was a can't miss prospect he would have told his buddy in New England and the GM would have asked the HC do you want me to draft him.

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Very true GB, but Allen though raw at the start and had his share of boneheaded plays still displayed amazing athleticism, arm talent and overall intelligence. What has Tua shown outside of decent accuracy? They have no choice but to prop up their QB because they'll never get over the fact they took Tua over Herbert.

I wasn't really meaning Allen so much. We did it for years with guys, and not just QBs either. I remember when Kiko Alonso had his hot start in 2013 and then a talking head (I think it was Brian Billick from memory) did a spot where he said "this kid might be making plays but he is out of position all of the time and eventually that will hurt you" and Bills Mafia went wild. Billick was right. It is just what fanbases, especially those starved of success, do. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I thank them for that decision everytime I watch Herbert play, that kid is almost as athletic as JA and far more polished than Allen was at the same point.  I still don’t see the killer instinct in him, but I’ll take playing Tua EVERY TIME over Herbert.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In the Simms interview Josh said he has been focusing on underthrowing a bit when he has someone deep down field so as to assure a chance for a completion. In his bad long ball year of 2019 all the deep throws were overthrown. Now he’s connecting deep down field virtually every game. The difference is Tua is not trying to underthrow. He just can’t get it there. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This is what happens when people put too much stock into college football IMO. 

College games are bought and paid for.

Big names pay lower teams to get beat up on.
it’s sweet when the underdog kicks the crap out of the big name team.  

ask yourself 

Why is the average NFL players career  roughly 3 years?

You end up with the Tua’s and Mac Jones’ portrayed as being legit 

Sam Darnold? Basically done as a starter 

Faker Mayfield may not be far behind 

and then the fans get all moody someone disagrees with them. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bills fans used to get super sensitive too. It is what fans trying to sell themselves that their guys are better than they are do. That used to be us. Miami are very much in that spot. 

“used to get super sensitive” or “always will be super sensitive”? 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Honest question: do you think Miami fans are even aware that they took Tua over Herbert while Herbert is shaping to be a far better QB?

They just don't seem aware that yes, Burrow was drafted #1 and has already been to a Superbowl but you know, there's a QB who was on the board who you could have drafted, and he's looked aMAZing the last two years....

Maybe I'm wrong.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.