Comparing the Von Miller signing to another famous signing...

Special K

I know it is hard to compare between two different sports, but I compare the Bills signing of Von Miller to the Warriors signing of Kevin Durant.

In both cases, a team with a huge star player (Steph Curry, Josh Allen), adds a highly talented star player to make a great team nearly unstoppable. 

I know the Warriors had already won a Championship before signing Durant, but they won 2 in a row with him in dominating fashion and would have won a third if Durant did not get hurt...hopefully the Bills can follow this trajectory and lift a couple of Lombardi trophies in the next couple of years!!

Thoughts??

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Special K said:

I know it is hard to compare between two different sports, but I compare the Bills signing of Von Miller to the Warriors signing of Kevin Durant.

In both cases, a team with a huge star player (Steph Curry, Josh Allen), adds a highly talented star player to make a great team nearly unstoppable. 

I know the Warriors had already won a Championship before signing Durant, but they won 2 in a row with him in dominating fashion and would have won a third if Durant did not get hurt...hopefully the Bills can follow this trajectory and lift a couple of Lombardi trophies in the next couple of years!!

Thoughts??

Why does the screaming in my head never run out of breath

Edited by Malazan

I'd also compare deals like the one that brought Cornelius Bennett to us and the recent deal to acquire Diggs too. If we win the SB, the Miller/Diggs acquisions will rank right up there with the acquisition of our HOF'ers, Josh, Diggs and Miller. Signing Mario was big too, but we never even got to the playoffs when he was here. Too bad we had no QB then or Mario would have a SB ring.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I really can’t stand comparisons between two different sports. There are 5 guys on the court in Basketball … one guy has way more impact on every game than in Football outside of the QB position. You can literally win a championship with just two incredible guys.

44 minutes ago, Special K said:

Thoughts??

While not the perfect comparison as you’ve acknowledged, that same thought actually crossed my mind last night too.  Definitely can see the similarities.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Thoughts??

Thought it was going to be James Lofton.

• Agree 1

Interesting topic. In terms of star status and a FA signing, it seems closest to Mario Williams.

I however immediately thought of Bryce Paup and the impact he had on the defense. He played OLB in a 3-4, but would likely be a 4-3 DE today. Let's hope Miller can generate a season like Paup had in 1995 also his first with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I'd also compare deals like the one that brought Cornelius Bennett to us and the recent deal to acquire Diggs too. If we win the SB, the Miller/Diggs acquisions will rank right up there with the acquisition of our HOF'ers, Josh, Diggs and Miller. Signing Mario was big too, but we never even got to the playoffs when he was here. Too bad we had no QB then or Mario would have a SB ring

Mario isn’t a hall of famer , miller is 

Mario had Hall of Fame talent not the work ethic and relent of guys like miller and JJ watt from his era 

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.