First impression: James Cook

Victory Formation

From what they all have been saying about this prior to the season he has yet to show all the potential that they were heaping on him but it's only his second game so i'll give him a pass .

I was waiting for him when he was running to cough it up but he didn't & he had a couple of good runs & Moss has continued IMHO to show me absolutely nothing to think he needs to be here for being the "Power Back" that they say he is he would be better of adding to the draft picks for next season !! 

The only thing Moss does is take carries away from Motor there were more than a couple of looks last night that id Josh would have handed the ball to Singletary he would have hit some massive holes & picked up some good yards but for what ever reason they seem to have Moss in there and he does nothing .

Singletary seems to be one of the old school backs that need to get into the groove of the game but they only on occasion give him enough reps to get to feel it & Moss takes away from that . Never been a Moss fan never will be one !! 

But i do hope to continue to see improvement from Cook !! 

Edited by T master
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, T master said:

From what they all have been saying about this prior to the season he has yet to show all the potential that they were heaping on him but it's only his second game so i'll give him a pass .

I was waiting for him when he was running to cough it up but he didn't & he had a couple of good runs & Moss has continued IMHO to show me absolutely nothing to think he needs to be here for being the "Power Back" that they say he is he would be better of adding to the draft picks for next season !! 

The only thing Moss does is take carries away from Motor there were more than a couple of looks last night that id Josh would have handed the ball to Singletary he would have hit some massive holes & picked up some good yards but for what ever reason they seem to have Moss in there and he does nothing .

Singletary seems to be one of the old school backs that need to get into the groove of the game but they only on occasion give him enough reps to get to feel it & Moss takes away from that . Never been a Moss fan never will be one !! 

But i do hope to continue to see improvement from Cook !! 

You mean other than the run Moss picked up 18 yards and a first down on?

• Like (+1) 1

I'm glad that in garbage time the Bills were able to give him some real NFL action. It seemed to me that in his 1st series he ran tentatively. He looked to run with more assertiveness afterwards. Nice job by the coaching staff to give the young man some confidence. I see him busting off a long TD run against the Dolphins on Sunday

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm glad that in garbage time the Bills were able to give him some real NFL action. It seemed to me that in his 1st series he ran tentatively. He looked to run with more assertiveness afterwards. Nice job by the coaching staff to give the young man some confidence. I see him busting off a long TD run against the Dolphins on Sunday

Seemed to be running to protect the ball - maybe they said something to him like don’t worry just go play 

1 minute ago, Pags24 said:

I'm not impressed with Cook, but I'll give him some more time.  At this point I'll take Motor and Moss in our backfield

He hasn't really had much of a chance with starters out there.  I think it's fairly impossible to have a measured opinion at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’ll take some reps before Cook acclimates to the offence. Figuring out exactly how to use him is also a work in process for Dorsey. But it’s pretty obvious what they see as his value added for the offence. Game breaking speed from the RB position, including in the passing game. I expect him to deliver some big plays. Just one more thing to preoccupy opposing DCs. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think I can give all the RBs and Gilliam a little time to let Dorsey, Kromer and Skipper establish their plan with the running game.

It obvious that after the OL being reschemed, that they need to get some film to determine what needs to be timed out better.

Josh also has to work with the new scheme when he does go into the RPO mode.

It's obvious that the passing game is getting most of Dorsey's attention right now.  Give the guy some time to work up the running game.

I am happy that Josh only had 1 run.  Taking him more out of the running game and replacing it with the RBs will be good in the long run.

One of the great outcomes besides being 2-0 is how the Bills have been able to give their young players and backups some significant playing time. It will only help later in the season. Having two rookie CB’s starting the entire 2nd half, Shakir and Cook on the field for significant snaps and Van Roten pinch hitting for Mitch and the Bills winning 41-7 is very valuable experience for them.

Love it!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

He hasn't really had much of a chance with starters out there.  I think it's fairly impossible to have a measured opinion at this point. 

Well I did say I'll give it more time.... the title of this thread is "first impression", so that's my first impression.  Not saying he can't/won't contribute, just haven't been impressed so far.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.