First impression: James Cook

Victory Formation

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

it is like winning like this is such an unfamiliar feeling to us fans that people just go back to the usual bag of negative posts. But even the positive threads on here are so whacky; I think the winning has brought a lot of “different” posters out of the woodwork. 😃

I don’t think you are accurately remembering the bad times 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I was trolled also when I said that Josh Allen was the best QB in the 2018 Draft.

Yup, my opinion is unpopular, you don’t like it and I don’t care.

Nevermind the fact that I said Cook has top 10 potential, he just needs more seasoning.

No you said you didn't like his personality, which you don't know at all. Maybe he has anxiety, my 5 year old son has high functioning autism and I could totally see having unexpected facial expressions in situations where there are a lot of people, shoot I make unexpected faces that don't convey what I actually am thinking and I'm about as genuine a person as you'll find. 

Like chill a second on your take, because it's based on what exactly. 

Fact, Singletary and Moss train with him and without question would have vouched for his character. You don't know better than them, you just don't. 

Also, have you been drinking op?

First impression, cut him.... 😂

My first impression of Cook was not the one fumble last night, I watched the preseason games.   He looks to have a skill set that could be useful, time will tell.  My bet is we wont see him much when the game is close.  

The problem I see is 4 RBs active and have the QB  get 2/3s of the rushes. 

Motor needs more touches.... 

32 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

First impression, cut him.... 😂

My first impression of Cook was not the one fumble last night, I watched the preseason games.   He looks to have a skill set that could be useful, time will tell.  My bet is we wont see him much when the game is close.  

The problem I see is 4 RBs active and have the QB  get 2/3s of the rushes. 

Motor needs more touches.... 

He does, maybe he was on a pitch count? 

4 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

For a RB that is kind of smug and full of himself, boy did he disappoint. He will never make it in the NFL if he can’t: A) Hold onto the football and B) Run between the tackles.

I see a player who has top 10 potential, but his personality is a bit abrasive to me. For a guy who hasn’t proven a darn thing, I see no reason for him to have such a disproportionate level of confidence. Yup, you made it to the NFL, your brother is a good player, you were drafted in the 2nd round, but keep in mind that even a player drafted in the 7th round can eat your lunch if you’re not careful.

When I’ve listened to Cook, I didn’t get that impression at all. He came across as quiet, shy, and didn’t elaborate too much. I don’t think he has found his comfort zone talking in front of cameras yet, but that was my impression. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

Kareem Hunt fumbled his first possession.   How’d the rest of the season turn out for him? Not too bad

So…. You are saying Cook is a woman beater now? Great. Now we must cut him just in case he ends up like Hunt. 

• Haha (+1) 1

He seems like a pretty quiet, reserved guy. He doesn't seem smug or abrasive to me at all. He does seem confident, but why would you want an NFL player on your team who is not confident? Confidence is important.

What is your opinion on Diggs? Diggs is VERY smug, often abrasive (to other teams and fans especially), and supremely confident. Yes, he is proven, but are you turned off about that in him? I guarantee you he has been like that ever since coming into the league. That's his personality.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.