Shakir Should Not Be Inactive

EmotionallyUnstable

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Maybe I missed this discussed via McD post game, or the discussion on here…

The Bills leave themselves short handed on the outside with just Diggs, Davis, Kumerow when Shakir is inactive. 

An injury to our #1 or #2 would have us forced to use certain personnel, with Knox as the split end, or possibly force Kumerow into action. 

I think TD Jesus is a capable WR, but I’d rather have the rook be available to step in, instead of have all three RBs (Single, Moss, Cook) active each week. It is not necessary. 

Thoughts?

I think they will make Moss inactive in upcoming games,

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This take has nothing to do with how things went and everything to do with how things COULD go. 

Having that #6 WR could be vital if there is an injury to Diggs or Davis. Dressing 3 RBs is something they traditionally have not done. We’ve always dressed 6WRs, IIRC. 

I am not arguing Kumerow should be the inactive, but instead it should be one of the RBs.

A few weeks ago ppl were talking about cutting/trading Singletary or Moss and now we want all three of these guys active? 

Again, activating Shakir wouldn’t necessarily mean the top 4 guys would see fewer snaps. It just protects them mid-game to injuries and gives them more versatility at the position. 

Why all of a sudden the shift to 3 RBs plus Taiwan, instead of 2RBs and 6 WRs

I don't know, Ask McD!  My opinion is they are doing it because they feel for the first time they have 3 RB that offer uniquely different skill sets. Singletary best blocker and finding and  running through the opening, Moss inside power back, Cook pass catching out of backfield and maybe running wide.

Personally I've wanted them to use 3 RB even last year with Yeldon.  Cook offers more upside though long term IMO.

They'd primarily use him as a return only guy and my guess is they trusted Crowder more fielding punts in Prime Time on opening night in LA than a rookie.  Look what happened to Cook despite fumbles not being a problem in college.

I also think they like Kumerow as a WR more than most of us do.  Especially as a blocker.  To quote the insufferable Aaron Rodgers, “I love his reliability. I think he’s a fantastic, steady player who’s very heady on the field. He makes plays, he plays with a lot of confidence and he’s a guy you love having on the squad."  My guess is McDermott and staff see him the same way. 

Crowder can also line up on the outside if need be but I still think Shakir is your best third option so I was a little surprised he wasn't activated last night.  Maybe he will be next week or maybe we're all idiots who think more of him than the current coaching staff.

• Agree 1

They kept all the running backs active. That is why Shakir was inactive, I think. I kind of doubt Moss will be active next game, and I'd bet Shakir is active in his place. For some reason they felt they needed all their backs for this game, but two of them fumbled, so I think they won't do that again for awhile.

I think Moss took a lot of the plays that Cook was supposed to get. But then he fumbled too.

4 hours ago, djp14150 said:

In this game they carried 3 RB snd Gilliam.  They could switch and only go with 2RBs and activate him.

Taiwan Jones too. So 4 RB's. I think Moss will be inactive often going forward.

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I don't know, Ask McD!  My opinion is they are doing it because they feel for the first time they have 3 RB that offer uniquely different skill sets. Singletary best blocker and finding and  running through the opening, Moss inside power back, Cook pass catching out of backfield and maybe running wide.

Personally I've wanted them to use 3 RB even last year with Yeldon.  Cook offers more upside though long term IMO.

Can we please stop with the Moss is the inside power back? He has never shown this. Singletary is better inside by a wide wide wide margin.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Interesting to me that they trust cook enough, in a pass heavy offense, to be Allen’s right hand man potentially pass protection as a rookie

Well they obviousy don't. He played 2 snaps. One as a runner and the other where he was split out as a receiver. 

It won't be popular but until they have that confidence in Cook if they sit any of their running backs it will be him. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

51 minutes ago, 716er said:

Can we please stop with the Moss is the inside power back? He has never shown this. Singletary is better inside by a wide wide wide margin.

Was just about to reply with this after reading the thread. Devin appears to be significantly better inside the tackles to my eyes as well. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Who do you think he takes snaps from though? I don't personally see it

Most likely Moss. Personally I think Motor should be getting more touches (at least a 65% to 70% clip or 15 attempts). He looked slippery quick, and decisive while running hard.  And he's  still averaging over 4.5 a carry.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, MJS said:

They kept all the running backs active. That is why Shakir was inactive, I think. I kind of doubt Moss will be active next game, and I'd bet Shakir is active in his place. For some reason they felt they needed all their backs for this game, but two of them fumbled, so I think they won't do that again for awhile.

I think Moss took a lot of the plays that Cook was supposed to get. But then he fumbled too.

Taiwan Jones too. So 4 RB's. I think Moss will be inactive often going forward.

Jones is ST players.  He rarely does an off snap.

in roster I don’t rvrncall him a RB.

ST(5). K, P, LS, 2 ST players ( him being one)

Edited by djp14150

11 hours ago, ganesh said:

I think they will make Moss inactive in upcoming games,

Possibly.

Could they swap Shakir for Crowder or McKenzie? Keep in mind, I am President of the Lil' Dirty fan club.😁, so... maybe Crowder? I believe the Titans play more man (could be wrong on this) and Lil Dirty is better against man. Plus doesn't Shakir have PR skills?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.