Shakir Should Not Be Inactive

EmotionallyUnstable

Overall - once again it shows McD and the coaching staff know and understand the team better than the fans.

They recognized Game 1 in prime time is a tough spot to insert a rookie full time.  They split time with the CBs, didn’t give Cook a go until the initial emotions settled and he still fumbled, made Shakir inactive - They recognized the difficulties.

Shakir will be fine - he and Josh have almost no time together on the practice field and Josh is not a 3 step drop and throw to a spot QB - it takes time to understand how to read Josh and be on the same page.

Nothing in game 1 discourages me - it is the start of a long path, but he was not ready and Moss - even with all of his faults - was ready and that is why he is dressed for now.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Do you actually understand how moving players to the PS works?

The Bills would need to drop Shakir from the 53, thus exposing him to waivers.  Yes he didn't look good yesterday, but he certainly shown enough in pre-season that he'd be immediately grabbed by some other team.  Beane isn't letting a 5th round draft pick who looked good in pre-season go to save another player drafted in round 6 BTW and who is safely tucked away on IR and could stay there all season if needed.

The only way Stevenson makes it to the active roster is if one of the other WR's gets hurt.  No matter what Shakir's not going anywhere unless he were to get hurt, then he could go to IR.

And BTW the only time Stevenson has looked good was also in pre-season, the same as Shakir.

I 100% understand how the NFL works, and could give two craps if someone takes Shakir off waivers.  The guy just isn't quick enough to make it.

Stevenson has something that every team is looking for, speed.  I'm sure it will change after we play Miami on Sunday, but this team still lacks speed.  It will come back to bite them.

No you can't keep Stevenson on IR all year.  As soon as he is cleared, and he will be soon, the Bills need to make a move.

On pure raw talent, Stevenson>Shakir.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/21/2022 at 10:22 AM, Back2Buff said:

I 100% understand how the NFL works, and could give two craps if someone takes Shakir off waivers.  The guy just isn't quick enough to make it.

Stevenson has something that every team is looking for, speed.  I'm sure it will change after we play Miami on Sunday, but this team still lacks speed.  It will come back to bite them.

No you can't keep Stevenson on IR all year.  As soon as he is cleared, and he will be soon, the Bills need to make a move.

On pure raw talent, Stevenson>Shakir.

Stevenson ran a 4.45

Shakir ran a 4.43

Neither one of them has done anything to date but I like Shakir's hands

Bump.

The Bills CANNOT continue to have only 5 WRs active on game day. They need bodies. The Miami game and today proved this. They keep leaving themselves short handed to carry 3 RBs, two of which rarely play. 

Shakir had a good day today. But this doesn’t thread is more than that. They need to find a way to carry 6 guys into every game, as they have in years past.

We we’re down to Diggs, a hobbled Davis, and Shakir today. That can’t happen. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.