Shakir Should Not Be Inactive

EmotionallyUnstable

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Been a rough night for him. Big 4th down whiff on a block. Didn't get his head round for the pass from Keenum and on the outside hasn't looked like getting much separation.

I will give him a pass on that. For whatever reasonC that whole play was delayed, and he wasn’t lined up and ready for the snap. It wasn’t an effort or ability fail, so hard for me to pin it on him presnap. 

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I will give him a pass on that. For whatever reasonC that whole play was delayed, and he wasn’t lined up and ready for the snap. It wasn’t an effort or ability fail, so hard for me to pin it on him presnap. 

Yea the play looked ugly from the off but he definitely blew his assignment.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He sucked tonight. 

Not a great effort from him tonight. A good learning experience while Davis gets a week to rest his injury. But Shakir is not a good run blocker and needs to make more of an impact as a receiver. I think he has to put on a little more weight and practice his blocking so that he can be a more complete WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not worried.  It wasn’t a good first showing, but he was turning heads all camp.  It was his first NFL game and on primetime.  Maybe nerves just had him a bit.  Not everyone steps on the field the fist time and thrives.  Allens first outing was not good.  

People want to analyze and determine players fate way too soon, it’s crazy.  This kid is going to get more chances to show what he can do as the year goes on.  So is Cook too

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Dude looks tiny and slow.  Like I said during those training camp work outs, his feet speed is way too slow to be a good player in the NFL.

Gonna have to improve that quickly.

As soon as Stevenson is ready, Shakir can go to PS.

Stevenson should be cut as soon as he’s back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m not worried.  It wasn’t a good first showing, but he was turning heads all camp.  It was his first NFL game and on primetime.  Maybe nerves just had him a bit.  Not everyone steps on the field the fist time and thrives.  Allens first outing was not good.  

People want to analyze and determine players fate way too soon, it’s crazy.  This kid is going to get more chances to show what he can do as the year goes on.  So is Cook too

Not to mention he probably didn't get much reps in practice since Gabe Davis didn't get hurt until Saturday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.