Stats that reveal how dominant we were against the Rams

BillsFan619

JA breaks his single game completion percentage record - 83.9%

JA had 353 total yards and 4TDs

Jalen Ramsey allowed a perfect passer rating of 158.3 (PFF's initial grading). If I recall correctly, when they introduced him at the start of the game, he was the #1 ranked CB out of 116

JA had more rush yards than the Rams whole team - 56 to 52 (I know JA running, especially late, is a hot topic but still)

No punt game again (four out of the last six games have been no punt games)

First team in NFL history to have seven sacks, three INTs and not punt in a game

ZERO blitzes in the game but SEVEN sacks

We won by 21 points even with four turnovers (gotta clean that up though)

The 21-point win is the second-largest margin of victory in a season opener against a reigning Super Bowl champion

In the words of Sean McVay, “This was a humbling experience”.

We be good, Bills Mafia. On to the Titans. Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Shameless LAMP 

Carry on. 

I can add some of these myself 👍🏻 

Josh Allen is the only NFL player since 1950 to have at least three career games with 250+ passing yards, 3+ passing touchdowns, 50+ rushing yards, and a rushing touchdown.  

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Jalen Ramsey allowed a perfect passer rating of 158.3 (PFF's initial grading). If I recall correctly, when they introduced him at the start of the game, he was the #1 ranked CB out of 116

JA had more rush yards than the Rams whole team - 56 to 52 (I know JA running, especially late, is a hot topic but still)

First team in NFL history to have seven sacks, three INTs and not punt in a game

The 21-point win is the second-largest margin of victory in a season opener against a reigning Super Bowl champion

I did not realize that there were zero blitzes in the game.  Looking back, I can't remember one.  This is the statistic that impresses me the most.  Not that any of the other statistics are not amazing, but because it shows HOW MUCH THIS TEAM HAS IMPROVED FROM LAST SEASON.  The Bills of recent vintage got lots of pressure, but never got to the passer.  Last night, they did, and did a lot, and did it without blitzing.  They also did it against a QB who is a savvy veteran who has a very good shot at the Hall of Fame.  Incredible!

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 2

Here’s a few more:

Yards per play: Bills-7.1, Rams-3.7

Yards per pass: Bills-8.8, Rams-4.0

Yards per rush: Bills-4.8, Rams-2.9 Perhaps the most impactful as the Rams could never force us to bring a safety up and take us out of our cover 2 concepts.

• Like (+1) 1

I've seen a few references saying that we didn't blitz at all but I specifically remember one blitz where Stafford completed a long pass. I remember it because it was a big talking point that you don't blitz Stafford because he's so effective against it which proved true.

But yeah, the game was complete dominance. We gifted them 4 turnovers and a kickoff out of bounds and it was still a blowout. Not many teams in history could have recovered from those mistakes against the defending Super Bowl champions, let alone do what the Bills did.

Edited by MPT
  • Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

JA’s % would have been 86+% had the Lil’ Dirty ball been fought and not intercepted.  The ball was in the right place.  The defender just made a phenomenal play.

16 hours ago, K-9 said:

Here’s a few more:

Yards per play: Bills-7.1, Rams-3.7

Yards per pass: Bills-8.8, Rams-4.0

Yards per rush: Bills-4.8, Rams-2.9 Perhaps the most impactful as the Rams could never force us to bring a safety up and take us out of our cover 2 concepts.

They have no running game.  Their best back was Sony Michel--and they dumped him.  Now it's Darrell Henderson.  lol

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

JA’s % would have been 86+% had the Lil’ Dirty ball been fought and not intercepted.  The ball was in the right place.  The defender just made a phenomenal play.

McKenzie handed the ball to him....

You look at that stat about no punts in 4 of the last 6 games, and Josh Allen's performance in his last 3 games going back to the playoffs, where he was off-the charts, lights-out good, and you wonder...

Have we relatively recently, going back to the end of last year, climbed to a new, higher level than before?

Josh had some down games last year, especially earlier in the season, but it's like he has elevated beyond that now and you can almost expect brilliance.

It will be interesting to see if we can maintain this level of play all year long.

It just feels like we have climbed to a new level.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.