Did Diggs get nicked? (my speculation only)

Simon

At one point I thought I saw him take a funny hop at the top of a route, then Kumerow ended up getting a lot more snaps than expected. Hard to imagine a healthy Diggs foregoing more opportunities to torture Jalen Ramsey.

Is Stefon hiding a little something?

• Simon changed the title to Did Diggs get nicked? (my speculation only)
2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No sign of injury and nothing reported. He was fine after the game. 

The Bills were using him sparingly all game. I’m not sure what that’s about.

And yet his final stats were great by all standards. Imagine if he got even more use.

1 minute ago, 716er said:

They ran almost every time Kumerow was in (and he was in a lot).

I expect them to run that same package a few times Monday night and hit him with a big downfield pass on a play action.

He seemed to come off the field almost every time he made a big play - obviously the TD but the first down, some over hte middle stuff the next play he'd be on the sidelines for whatever reason.  

3 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Vrable is that you?

Id be curious and maybe someone will point it out, of the ratio of run to pass plays when both Kumerow and Moss were on the field at the same time.

I don’t recall them passing out of that formation once, but to be fair I had a few pops and tokes last night.

Edited by 716er

Today's Joe B article in the Athletic suggests they are specifically limiting Diggs’ snaps in an effort to keep him fresher and improve his efficiency. He played about 67% last night compared to mid-80s last year. Davis played almost every snap, which makes sense given his blocking prowess. 

I don’t think it’s an injury thing, but it bears watching how the snap counts go next week. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, 716er said:

Id be curious and maybe someone will point it out, of the ratio of run to pass plays when both Kumerow and Moss on the field.

I don’t recall them passing out of that formation once, but to be fair I had a few pops and tokes last night.

You got to believe they are keeping track. I too lost some time last night. Gonna be a good year!!!

2 minutes ago, 716er said:

Id be curious and maybe someone will point it out, of the ratio of run to pass plays when both Kumerow and Moss were on the field at the same time.

There was at least one play I remember seeing Kumerow out there and thinking "obviously a run", but it was a pass. Can't remember exactly at what point of the game though. However, I agree that it's a run probably 9 out of 10 times when Kumerow is on the field.

48 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Didn't he get the last TD on the last drive?

Last scoring drive.  Bills had two more possessions, the one where Moss fumbled, then a Victory.

50 minutes ago, Simon said:

At one point I thought I saw him take a funny hop at the top of a route, then Kumerow ended up getting a lot more snaps than expected. Hard to imagine a healthy Diggs foregoing more opportunities to torture Jalen Ramsey.

Is Stefon hiding a little something?

Do you remember when you saw that hop?   'cuz Diggs scored that deep TD halfway into the 4th Q, where he was running pretty damned fast.

Now he did kind of roll his ankle and trip at the end of the route, but it wasn't clear how designed that was. 

There were 5 snaps after that, so basically Kumerow got 9 other offensive snaps through the game. 

Glancing through the game, it seems like Diggs was targeted or had a reception on every drive, so maybe Kumerow just went in as a blocker on some packages throughout the game?  He can basically block downfield or in the backfield like a skinny TE, too skinny to block inline though.

Edited by Beck Water

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Last scoring drive.  Bills had two more possessions, the one where Moss fumbled, then a Victory.

Do you remember when you saw that hop?   'cuz Diggs scored that deep TD halfway into the 4th Q, where he was running pretty damned fast.

Now he did kind of roll his ankle and trip at the end of the route, but it wasn't clear how designed that was. 

There were 5 snaps after that, so basically Kumerow got 9 other offensive snaps through the game. 

Late 1st / Early 2nd maybe?

Diggs was the one coming off the field in the heavy formations, I think he only played 70ish% of the snaps. Gilliam came in for him several times, and Kumerow towards the end. Probably gameplan dependent based on opponent, and not injury related.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Well they better not run every time Kumerow is in there as it will kind of give away the surprise ha ha.

It's all a cat and mouse game that coordinators play. They may run everytime he is in there for 3 straight games, then play action and he's wide open in the 4th game because the other team is watching tape.

That was Gabe's TD last night. Fake the run block on the Allen bootleg and then take off and he's wide open. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.