A Few Thoughts About the Rams Game, in no particular order

Virgil

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

One thing I'm surprised haven't seen /read more about either in articles, TV or even posts here (one article mentioned  it) Ramsey calling Allen trash in 2018. 

Have to wonder if that is still on Allen's mind and his goal is to just make Ramsey's like living hell every time he takes the field against him.  Articles about Ramsey having a perfect QB rating against him is pretty rare.

I’d say that’s a safe bet

58 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

One thing I'm surprised haven't seen /read more about either in articles, TV or even posts here (one article mentioned  it) Ramsey calling Allen trash in 2018. 

Have to wonder if that is still on Allen's mind and his goal is to just make Ramsey's like living hell every time he takes the field against him.  Articles about Ramsey having a perfect QB rating against him is pretty rare.

Really? I feel like I’m seeing that everywhere 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Is this board satire? If so, bravo.

9 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

Not really the place for this, but did not want to start a new thread

I was at the game, and I felt that the Rams fans were very unknowledgeable

Every time, the RAMS had a crucial 3rd or 4th down, their fans were on their feet cheering. The Rams on the sidelines tried to get the fans to quiet down

GO Bills

I was at the game also, and you are absolutely right. In their defense, they've only had a team since 2016. I will say that they were polite, and welcoming to the throngs of us Bills fans.

True story-- as I mentioned in another post, there was that moment between plays that one of the sideline reporters on the Jumbotron announced that Stafford had just hit 50,000 career passing yards. That's a pretty huge accomplishment, IMO, and I started clapping, and cheering because I wanted to be a gracious guest in their house, and I respect Stafford, and I respect the game. Then I realized that I was the only one clapping in my entire section-- maybe the whole stadium. It was embarrassing.

I would say that Bills fans made up about 15% of the crowd-- but we were almost as loud as the Rams fans on opposing third downs. It seemed like there were times that DJ What's-his-name was begging for crowd noise. Rams fans had all the intensity of a drive-in movie theater. 

9 hours ago, RiotAct said:

hahaha that’s funny.  If I was at the game, I’d be egging them on.  “Yeah, cmon, cheer for your team here!!!”

I can't speak for the rest of the stadium, but we had quite a few Bills fans in  our section cheering on the Bills D on the Rams third downs. Most of the Rams fans around us were more interested in their phones.

• Haha (+1) 1

I feel like dorsey is not getting enough credit in mainstream media. Yes Allen was unstoppable and will always get the attention but dorsey legitimately called a nearly flawless game against mcvay who is considered as a genius of scheme. I don't think there was ever a game daboll called where there wasn't a series I didn't like. Dorsey seemed to play right into Allen and Diggs strengths and right out of Donalds strengths. So far I'm extremely impressed with dorsey.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I will say that they were polite, and welcoming to the throngs of us Bills fans.

They were probably scared to death of you guys. :D

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

but we were almost as loud as the Rams fans on opposing third downs.

Yeah, it sounded pretty close on TV. Close enough they I would have guessed it was 30-40% bills fans, not 15%

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Simon said:

They were probably scared to death of you guys. :D

Yeah, it sounded pretty close on TV. Close enough they I would have guessed it was 30-40% bills fans, not 15%

I've been to all three of the Bills games in LA, since football returned. After the Bills at Rams in '16, and the Bills at Chargers in '17, Bills players quipped that it felt like a home game, (even after Late Nate Peterman's record-breaking performance...) There's a ton of us transplanted WNYers in SoCal. 

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

You're not wrong, but I also feel like that's who we are.  We bend, but don't break.  The fact that he was the ONLY threat out there and they only scored off a turnover on a great throw and catch, I don't know that I can complain.  He didn't specifically beat any single person.   I'll take that output every day

If I recall correctly, they scored the TD after Bass kicked it out of bounds and the ball came out to the 40.   If felt like a turnover.

This game could have easily been 41 to 3 or something like that.

I wish Moss didn’t fumble.  Wanted Josh to get over 300 and have time to get Cook back out during back-up time to get him some reps and help his confidence. 

9 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

10. Knox ....

Absolutely agree. I'm sure his emotions are still a bit fragile as well. Let him play a supporting role for a couple of games. I have no problem with that.

With that said, I have an image of him pointing up after he scores his first TD. I don't think I've ever gotten chills while screaming like an animal, but it might happen then.

The Bills had a great game plan to take what the Rams defense offered and neutralize Donald's pass rush.  It worked perfectly.  They needed Knox and Gillian to be lead blockers to hold down the fort for the 2 seconds for Josh to deliver the ball and they did a fantastic job of it.  Knox was not asked to go down the field; today it was all about blocking. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I was surprised at the end to read the snap counts that McKenzie was on the field for 26 snaps (44%) to Crowder's 18 (31%).  I didn't think it was that many.

Neither of them had a huge impact relative to their number of snaps.  McKenzie 2 receptions on 3 targets with 1 TD and 1 INT that was really on him for double-clutching the catch.  Crowder 3 receptions on 4 targets with an interception that he arguably contributed to.

So no Beasley contributed 5 receptions out of 7 targets, 2 interceptions, and 1 TD?  

Just a thought.  I think we will be fine with Crowder/McKenzie in the slot. 

Edited by Bob in STL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.