Is it just me or does anyone else LOVE the way Gabe Davis catches the ball?

Big Turk

18 minutes ago, skibum said:

I have definitely noticed the same thing. It really stood out in the KC game, and I have also seen Diggs do the same thing once in a while. I wonder if Gabe learned it from Diggs and just rolled with it. Whatever the case may be, the guy has some of the surest hands I've ever seen. 

As a UCF alum, who watched every game of his in College, I can tell you that he has always been a "hands catcher" with a huge catch radius that could run all the routes. 

The Bills have finally put him into the WR2 position, where he has a chance to showcase all of his skills, and he is making the most of it!

I was so excited when the Bills drafted him, and knew he had the potential to be a great WR in this league. I'm just so proud he's living up to that potential. 

Go Gabe!!!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Gabe reminds me of Eric Moulds and the way he attacked and plucked the ball out of the air.

Moulds was a special WR with terrible teams and QBs. He would be a terror on this offense.

Good stuff, RocCity, Gabe also reminds me a lot of Moulds, with incredibly strong hands -- and even in his deceptively fast, flat-footed running style. But Moulds was angrier with the ball in his hands. It was like he would deliberately search out safeties to destroy after a catch!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

As a UCF alum, who watched every game of his in College, I can tell you that he has always been a "hands catcher" with a huge catch radius that could run all the routes. 

The Bills have finally put him into the WR2 position, where he has a chance to showcase all of his skills, and he is making the most of it!

I was so excited when the Bills drafted him, and knew he had the potential to be a great WR in this league. I'm just so proud he's living up to that potential. 

Go Gabe!!!!!

The other thing that really is interesting to me is that he doesn't have prototypical "deep" speed with a 4.54 40 yard time, but he gets open deep a LOT and has one of the highest YPC in the NFL over the past 2 years(minimum 25 catches), averaging 16.7 YPC, which is 7th best in the league among WR's...one of those players that play faster than their 40 time and really understands how to set up DB's to be able to get open deep.

image.thumb.png.8fa51202c1e99883eea0b79729f096a9.png

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Hopefully, that payday will be from the Bills!!

Oh yea. Cause after Diggs is gone he'll be WR1 with deep chemistry with Allen. 

Also, his awareness and agility is amazing.  Especially for a guy that size. 

Are him and Diggs the best tandem in the game? They might be. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Oh yea. Cause after Diggs is gone he'll be WR1 with deep chemistry with Allen. 

Also, his awareness and agility is amazing.  Especially for a guy that size. 

Are him and Diggs the best tandem in the game? They might be. 

Jefferson and Thielen, Chase and Higgins, Kupp and Robinson(although didn't show it last night), Hill and Waddle and a few others I am forgetting may disagree with that, but I think Davis is going to be a breakout star this year.

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Jefferson and Thielen, Chase and Higgins, Kupp and Robinson(although didn't show it last night), Hill and Waddle and a few others I am forgetting may disagree with that, but I think Davis is going to be a breakout star this year.

I agree. Chase and Higgins came to mind for me but I def think our guys are in the conversation for sure. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.