Boogie Basham looked lean and mean

RocCityRoller

Really impressed with the whole DL last night, a lot of studly performances.

It was hard to focus on everyone, but our young guys (Rousseau/ Basham/ Epenessa) looked pretty nice.

EDIT: just saw the Baldy Breakdowns. Confirmed the above. One play had the three young guys in with Jones and they wreaked havoc.

One thing that stood out to me is how lean Boggie Basham looked!

I don't recall any reports about Basham losing weight or being in better shape this camp, but wow I had to do a double take to remind myself who 55 was.

He looked lean, mean and quick.

Anyone who looked at his efficiency in his limited reps last year would be surprised. He was highly effective in his limited snaps last season.

I thought he was a bit roly poly last year, and I wondered if his limited playing time last year was partly due to conditioning.

He clearly worked out and took his conditioning seriously this offseason.

With Addison and Hughes gone, I hope Boogie sees a lot more play time. I haven't seen the snap counts for last night, but Basham had 2 TAK, 1 Sack and an INT. He is a natural play maker and it looks like he took his craft seriously this offseason.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Really impressed with the whole DL last night, a lot of studly performances.

It was hard to focus on everyone, but our young guys (Rousseau/ Basham/ Epenessa) looked pretty nice.

One thing that stood out to me is how lean Boggie Basham looked!

I don't recall any reports about Basham losing weight or being in better shape this camp, but wow I had to do a double take to remind myself who 55 was.

He looked lean, mean and quick.

Anyone who looked at his efficiency in his limited reps last year would be surprised. He was highly effective in his limited snaps last season.

I thought he was a bit roly poly last year, and I wondered if his limited playing time last year was partly due to conditioning.

He clearly worked out and took his conditioning seriously this offseason.

With Addison and Hughes gone, I hope Boogie sees a lot more play time. I haven't seen the snap counts for last night, but Basham had 2 TAK, 1 Sack and an INT.

He is a natural play maker and it looks like he took his craft seriously this offseason.

had the same reaction when I saw his number, and thought he was a linebacker. Even on that return, he looked smooth— like Jerry’s return a few years ago. 

Every time he plays, the guy makes plays. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I remember years when our DLine was Kyle Williams and a bunch of JAGs.  Now we are rolling 8 deep, quality DL rotations, keeping fresh, and Shaq was not even active.  Teams might try and copy us.  But try and find 9 quality DL.  We can't be emulated. Beane has done a masterful job

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 2

I was maybe his biggest hater on this board when we drafted him, and he made me look smart last year. But yeah, he definitely flashed a number of times last night! That'll never change the fact that we took Ed Oliver and Cody Ford over DK Metcalf, but I'll be glad to be wrong about him if he keeps showing out! :) 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Notice that he lined up across from center on some snaps? 

DL were moved all over. Some crazy looking alignments.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I remember years when our DLine was Kyle Williams and a bunch of JAGs.  Now we are rolled 8 deep, quality DL rotations, keeping fresh, and we Shaq was not even active.  Teams might try and copy us.  But try and find 9 quality DL.  We can't be emulated. Beane has done a masterful job

This DL retool looks to be a much better attempt than the last one. One big thing is youth. Instead of older guys. They drafted a ton of DL, and now sprinkled in some mid career guys who were caught in numbers games like Jones and Settle to gel it all together. Von Miller is a much better playmaker than Addison was at the same point in their career. The DL is going to be one of my favorite units to watch this season.

Bringing in Von Miller was a chips all in move. Phillips and the Bills reuniting was maturity from both parties. Phillips plays like his helmet is on fire for Frazier and McDermott.

Even Epenessa looked good last night.

6 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I was maybe his biggest hater on this board when we drafted him, and he made me look smart last year. But yeah, he definitely flashed a number of times last night! That'll never change the fact that we took Ed Oliver and Cody Ford over DK Metcalf, but I'll be glad to be wrong about him if he keeps showing out! :) 

My group was apoplectic we did not draft Creed Humphrey when Boogie was selected, but he quickly became a favorite in my group last year, and we loved seeing him make plays last night. The guy just makes plays.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.