Ravens and Lamar do not reach contract agreement

Steel City Mafia

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

I could see that. It would be pretty surprising though. Huntley has not been great

They would have to go outside of the organization to bring someone in.   I'd try like hell to move him to Houston this offseason for both of their 1st round picks.    If I dont think a guy is a franchise QB I wouldnt pay him franchise QB money, and in my opinion there are 10 quarterbacks in the league right now who are better than Lamar.  

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Said it before and Ill say it again, if I am the Ravens I let someone else pay for this guy.    He hasnt played a full season since coming into the NFL.    He's been bad as a thrower the last two years, and he's been dreadful in the playoffs.  The Ravens are a stable and well coached organization, if I were them I'd do anything I could to bring in a more stable Quarterback who can make throws to wideouts and get back to winning football. 

what wideouts?

• Agree 1

Ravens are in an unenviable position.  They could be hitching their wagon to a guy who can get a team to the playoffs but not through the playoffs, not to mention a runner with inchoate knee issues.  On the other hand he wins games and entertains the fans as a transcendent athlete and the fact is that it's risky to not have a plan at QB.  You never know when you'll get sucked into a vortex of mediocrity.  Look what's happened to Indy after Luck retired.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/30/2022 at 1:20 PM, FrenchConnection said:

The Stadium Wall

Buffalo Bills Community. Discussing the Buffalo Bills and the NFL 24 hours a day since 1998!

amazing that people don't see this...so much non-Bills info here

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush

Lamar is all about the money obviously...if your trying to build a lockerroom I don't think Lamar is a wise choice given his monetary demands

every player is about the money. They all want to maximize their earnings while they can

1 minute ago, Mynamemike said:

The ones he doesn’t throw too.   If it ain’t Andrew’s in the middle he ain’t making the throw.  

oh, you mean Devin Duvernay, Andy Isabella, Demarcus Robinson, Rashod Bateman, James Proche and the carcass of DeSean Jackson?

Come on....

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

every player is about the money. They all want to maximize their earnings while they can

Not completely true... Yes they get paid but most players are NOT doing what Lamar is doing....

Josh could of held out for more but didn't as an example... 

12 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Ravens are in an unenviable position.  They could be hitching their wagon to a guy who can get a team to the playoffs but not through the playoffs, not to mention a runner with inchoate knee issues.  On the other hand he wins games and entertains the fans as a transcendent athlete and the fact is that it's risky to not have a plan at QB.  You never know when you'll get sucked into a vortex of mediocrity.  Look what's happened to Indy after Luck retired.

I think Harbaugh is too good a coach for them to be bad for an extended period of time

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Not completely true... Yes they get paid but most players are NOT doing what Lamar is doing....

Josh could of held out for more but didn't as an example... 

could have and he didn't need to hold out because the Bills gave him the top QB contract at the time

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

could have and he didn't need to hold out because the Bills gave him the top QB contract at the time

I see a night and day difference.... Josh was not the highest paid QB contract when he signed... It was a top contract but it was really a fair deal for the team as well... If Josh was taking the Lamar route he would of turned down that offer and demanded more... or waited till he was on the verge of becoming a UFA to try and force hands, which is what Lamar is doing

Lamar turned down this contract... whats left to maximize ?????

According to an ESPN report, the 2019 MVP rejected an offer for a five-year extension deal worth $250 million dollars, $133 million of which was guaranteed.

Lamar wants $230 million guarenteed, actuall Watson for Cleveland got that ...... but that was a dumb ass deal.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Agree 1

Just now, CorkScrewHill said:

What happens to significant players on other teams directly impacts the Bills. Unless the Bills no longer have to worry about playing the Ravens .. it is relevant 

yep, get a lot of NFL info here. Always been that way. 

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Lamar wants $230 million guarenteed...... no other QB/palyer is anywhere close to that amount of guarenteed

except Watson

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.